Cyberpunk 2077

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe Witcher can bomb in time for them to do damage control on the CP show

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
How would you even quantify "bombing" in Netflix' case? They are basically shielded from normal ratings, and every criticism will be called "misogynistic" or worse.

The problem with Netflix is that there is no objective and public fail state, like box office earnings or Nielsen ratings. As long as Netflix is throwing out other peoples money for content there is no feedback loop built into the system.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
And Netflix is so SJW ridden I can see them claiming victory and pumping out several seasons of shit regardless of how few people even watch it.

Plus, there's the I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills aspect of Adam Sandler movies somehow getting record breaking watches despite being Adam Sandler movies

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
And Netflix is so SJW ridden I can see them claiming victory and pumping out several seasons of shit regardless of how few people even watch it.

Plus, there's the I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills aspect of Adam Sandler movies somehow getting record breaking watches despite being Adam Sandler movies

Watch a few SJW inspired films before going back and watching Adam Sandler flicks and you'd be lobbying for him to get an Oscar. But seriously, my wife watched Murder Mystery with one of her friends and I watched it halfway while playing games, and it's just a mediocre comedy all around. It didn't pander or virtue signal so being regular bad is a lot better than SJW bad.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Kinda wonder if he will ever agree to a Marvel character. It's become such a trendy celebrity thing, everyone who is anyone has to be in a marvel movie! if he will just avoid it all together. Bill and Ted's, Point Break, The Matrix. He passed set for life awhile ago.

I think he'd make a good "One above all" sense he rarely ever actually shows up, would be a interesting way to literally reboot the whole X-men franchise..

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
So in a way this is like New Vegas, we're basicially playing the Courier in this game, a free agent to whatever faction pays out the most, expect in this game there is no good guy faction as far as I know, corparations competing against each other for their own interests and we're in the middle of it, unless there's an underground resistance faction fighting against the corperate man.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
there is no feedback loop built into the system.
You're kidding right? Netflix has better viewer data than cinemas or normal TV. They know what % of their viewership even starts watching something, whether they stop part way through the first episode, whether they watch 1 episode every month or so, whether they obsessively binge the whole thing in 24 hours. They can somewhat figure out what shows bring in new subscribers.

They have not got where they are by being ignorant of what people want or how to get people to subscribe to their service.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So in a way this is like New Vegas, we're basicially playing the Courier in this game, a free agent to whatever faction pays out the most, expect in this game there is no good guy faction as far as I know, corparations competing against each other for their own interests and we're in the middle of it, unless there's an underground resistance faction fighting against the corperate man.

They've only shown small bits of the start, and other then what little we know, the main goal being the immortality chip, and Brain Dancing is in(don't know how much of a play it will be into the full story though).

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Netflix doesnt post much user data but every once and awhile they will post some crazy stats
For example 2017

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You're kidding right? Netflix has better viewer data than cinemas or normal TV. They know [...]
That is not what I meant, and I think I wrote that there is "no public fail state".

Obivously Netflix can have all the big data they claim to have, but the public has no direct or indirect access to it, so there is no way to verify it. Netflix can simply claim that a show is super successful, and the way Netflix recommendations and UI works they can shove things they feel important about into users faces.

This is basically the same problem that Google search, Youtube Trending, Twitter/Facebook feed selection has: Once they let go of the neutrality, impartiality or simply "don't be evil" they have a power to control the perception. This correlates frighteningly with a psychological concept called nudging.

Even Gator's "crazy stats" are carefully selected, simple feel-good marketing bullshit factoids and top ten lists without any type of quantifying data behind them. Just like a fucking Buzzfeed clickbait article. If this is what Netflix can produce with all their date, then I can do it, too. Heres a top list of things people on FoH hate:
  1. Bullshit
  2. Marketing
  3. Lists
  4. Irony
  5. You

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
That is not what I meant
You were responding to someone about a show on netflix bombing, and how if that happens it will make netflix change decisions on future shows. You seem to be arguing, that because the viewer data isn't public, that will somehow prevent netflix from responding to a show 'bombing'. You also very specifically stated "there is no feedback loop". My position is that indeed there is a feedback loop, it doesn't matter if the data is public or not, and netflix knows if the shows they fund bomb or not. If the witcher has a poor reception, of course netflix will know about it, and you should assume they will make future decisions based on that information.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
... you should assume they will make future decisions based on that information.
You assume that decisions which shows to renew/greenlight and which to cancel are always rational and objective. That is simply not the case. Fox is notorious for canceling shows despite good ratings, and even Netflix seems to do it.

There is a highly political component to these decisions. Again, my point is that Netflix is going to maintain the perception that its own shows are successful, simply to make them successful. This is the case in most industries where you are competing with others for attention. Ever heard of the term Payola?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Netflix leads the pack on data-driven decision making. If anything their focus on stats hampers the creative process.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That is NOT worth $249 in the slightest.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like