Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'd take that deal. But there is no way I am not playing this on PC. So I'll pre-order when it gets a bit closer.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'd take that deal. But there is no way I am not playing this on PC. So I'll pre-order when it gets a bit closer.

My pc is borderline ancient now, like 6 years I think. I’m guessing this game would choke it. Feels bad.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My pc is borderline ancient now, like 6 years I think. I’m guessing this game is puke choke it. Feels bad.
You have almost 10 months to correct this! Start selling plasma.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was hoping that it would come out around the time of a new generation of Nvidia cards, but those probably won't be until late summer/fall of 2020. I might try to hold out for those and for game patches, but I doubt my ability to not jump on the game ASAP.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You have almost 10 months to correct this! Start selling plasma.

I can afford it, I just don’t really play demanding games so haven’t felt the need to update yet. Kind of just waiting for the performance to tank or something to die. Still feels bad, I used to somewhat keep my pc up to date. Just don’t do it as much after having a kid and getting into other hobbies.

Also. I would sell semen, not plasma.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
same, i have a 1080 PC with a 500gb SSD that i just haven't felt the need to upgrade, its kinda funny how nowadays CPU matters so little I don't even fucking know what CPU is in my system, just that its around 2 years old which means i'd probably get a minor 20-30% speed upgrade by jumping up one or two versions.

One cool thing though is evga sent out emails that if you have a 700 or 900 series GPU they will announce upgrade plans tomorrow specially for those models. I still have the 970 from my old PC somewhere around here, was thinking about ebaying it but always too lazy to follow through. If I can get a 2080ti or something for a decent discount i may jump on that, although honesty if Nvidia/AMD are smart they will push HARD to get new $500-700 GPUs out this winter for all the people who are ready to upgrade but were just waiting for a game to justify it.

definitely gonna play Cyberpunk on PC though, while 90% of my gaming is on consoles now for this kind of stellar game you gotta go full PC

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can afford it, I just don’t really play demanding games so haven’t felt the need to update yet. Kind of just waiting for the performance to tank or something to die. Still feels bad, I used to somewhat keep my pc up to date. Just don’t do it as much after having a kid and getting into other hobbies.

Also. I would sell semen, not plasma.

I have this exact same issue except I want to upgrade my laptop. I am looking at spending 2500+ for a new laptop given my current one is 7.5 years old. The laptops I have seen at that range should be able to play this game easily but I also want it to plug into my TV for when I play at home with the same quality, so that might up the price a little. I am waiting until Thanksgiving time as that seems to be a descent time to get deals on stuff like laptops.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i7 6700 and gtx 1070

am I good to go for this game or do I have upgrading to do?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
cool thanks

Just keep in mind we have no real idea as to how this game is going to perform. What I said is more about how current games are running, and the likelihood Cyberpunk won't be that different. It could always turn out to be n unoptimized mess if they fuck up through being too ambitious with the city design.

• 1Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. Part of me too lazy to upgrade, and part of me realizing that the longer I wait, the better my options. A lot of AMD processors coming out that seem impressive if you can believe the press releases. I plan on upgrading my PC for this (have to do it sometime).

spronk

FPS noob
i also wonder how far away star citizen is from their SP campaign release, thats the only other real game I can think of that will want you to upgrade assuming it doesn't shit the bed

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i also wonder how far away star citizen is from their SP campaign release, thats the only other real game I can think of that will want you to upgrade assuming it doesn't shit the bed

poe's law post right here

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

It has already shit the bed homie. No one wants to upgrade for that.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i7 6700 and gtx 1070

am I good to go for this game or do I have upgrading to do?

I got an AMD ryzon 7 and the Radeon Vega for the first time ever... As opposed to Intel products.

I'll stick with it. Last time I upgraded before 2019 was in 2013.

• 1Like