Cyberpunk 2077

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hopefully they stick to the same type of music as in the trailer, glad they didn't go full synthwave. Also hoping they let you play as all the classes to, definitely the biggest hype I've had for a game in a long time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
From that YT description -

"Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend.

Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the same universe as Mike Pondsmith's classic pen & paper RPG system, Cyberpunk 2020."

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I think the generic MC puts me a bit off more then the setting now that I've watched the trailer a couple times. Hoping that's just a placeholder thing and you can do full character customization.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
They are apparently doing the full real life rpg thing with this. A code thing was found, which showed a server, people discovered that server was up. Go in there and there was a login screen. Apparently some people got the message that management would contact them?

Example

While I was looking frame-by-frame, I've found some text in the teaser.
Really interesting stuff. The beginning text reads: "This is what a 6502-compatible computer display looks like. It is the same one used in the The hex above is a program that checks the display and attachments. For more info download Raven Microcyb SIM6502. A link to it is provided in the related links section of the display."
The hex appears to read as: :0000 A9 00 AA 20 EF FF 08 8A :0008 4C 02 00
Considering it's talking about "compatible displays", I'd hazard a guess that this is code written for a 6502 processor! "Raven Microcyb" seems to be a Netrunner thing: http://www.netrunneronline.com/cards/raven-microcyb-owl/
This hex, decompiled for a 6502 processor, reads
LDA #$00
TAX
JSR $FFEF
PHP
TXA
JMP $0002
.END

This seems to be an extremely short assembly program. I'm not sure what it does — even when plugged into an emulator. Someone more familiar with assembly than me could likely figure this out.
Interesting stuff, though! It even hints at a second, proper "trailer".

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's fucking awesome. I knew their marketing was going to be crazy considering how they talked about it.

Link doesn't show shit for me.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
hmm that hex looks familiar, so does the asm decompile ... err something black but then jumps too white?(haven't used ASM in years)

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just found out Hyper did the trailer music, fucking love that guy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thought it looked awesome, really glad they stayed with the 80s cyberpunk aesthetic from the tabletop RPG. Can't wait til they actually show some gameplay, hopefully during one of their press demos.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Yeah. While the setting looks good its still really generic. Definitely need to see way more to be interested in this.

I'm holding out hope and going onto media blackout. I've had enough examples of movies/games I loved being announced with really shitty frenetic trailers that I'm still excited.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
More evidence that people will bitch about anything. If they used night time and rain we would be reading about how cliche they are.

Looks great to me. Looking forward to gameplay and some details.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Thought it looked pretty good, but was hoping for a slightly darker aesthetic. If this turns into GTA - Cyberpunk, with different classes etc I'm all over this shit. Seems like it's at least a year and a half out though

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So they already have basic game mechanics laid out(thanks Cyberpunk games)

the only thing they really have too work on is world(and my god can they build a fucking world), and story but i bet a good portion of the story is already done.(I bet there further along in development then anyone belives.) When the documents that were leaked were being ransomed and them saying "so rofl" means they've already scrapped 1 version(I think)

• 1Like

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
looks like shit to me

completely underwhelming considering how long we've been waiting

I’m all in that world, look gnarly. I bit of LA to me. I think the thing that has people off about it is the sunny palette, all the concert art and the themes make it seems like the sky is always black and grey but, that just me. I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

Like I said if this game can put me into that world and make me care about it then I’m happy, but that’s just me

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Game could be absolute dogshit but I'm going to preorder on the goodwill from Witcher 3 alone. I wouldn't even be mad.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hopefully they stick to the same type of music as in the trailer, glad they didn't go full synthwave. Also hoping they let you play as all the classes to, definitely the biggest hype I've had for a game in a long time.
They need more punk rock, we got junky punk bitches sitting on the curve

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Obviously not enough trannies in that trailer for Fedor.

And to think that the original Cyberpunk 2020 setting is just one and a half years away...

Anyway, I think it looks good, though I was a bit surprised that it would be an American city. For some reason I was expecting it to be European. Not that I really mind. I think I might just preorder this.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
I think the generic MC puts me a bit off more then the setting now that I've watched the trailer a couple times. Hoping that's just a placeholder thing and you can do full character customization.
Eurogamer picked apart the datadump during the trailer and confirmed full character creation will be available so, thankfully yes, that main character in the trailer is just a placeholder.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Is the hate on this just because they show actual daylight and stuff? The only trailer that I say was better so far at E3 was Shadows Die Twice. As someone who picks up every non-soulsbourne game when it hits $25 (even Witcher 3), this one may be a day 1 purchase.

• 1Like

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in...

And I'm out. Witcher 3 was an overly long movie interspersed with utter tedium. Maybe one day they will make a game.

• 6EyeRoll
  • 3Salty
  • 3Barf
Reactions: 20 users