Cyberpunk 2077

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Where are the hot female main characters?

Without a Triss, Ciri, or Yennefer I am disappoint.

At this point, it's pretty much a necessity for your game to have a couple named hot chicks for THOTs to cosplay as.
I'm sure there will plenty of hot sluts in this game. Also, don't assume Keanu's gender.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reading around about theories on the Keanu Reeves Silverhand character,
it seems Silverhand is supposedly dead in 2077, and it's apparently his consciousness or whatever that's in the chip you stole and why he flickers for an instant during the trailer. So Keanu Reeves will be whispering sweet words directly in your brain, just for you.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider

• 12Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 15 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Damn.

That's all I have to say. Sure hope he gets his dog killed in this game. I would love it if I could see John Wick in action.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Reading around about theories on the Keanu Reeves Silverhand character,
Yeah that makes most sense, especially considering in the lore, his ex-gf created a program(Soulkiller) that could copy/emulate someones mind. The new PnP edition coming in a few months will probably give some more backstory to all that and probably setup plot teasers for things to be resolved in the 2077 game.

They also posted a message stating that gameplay will be shown for us non E3 attendees in August at Gamescom and a QnA at PAX.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i never followed cyberpunk much at all, so i'm a little confused... the original cyberpunk took place in like, 2008, right? is this a continuation of that world just 70 years later or is it a re-imagining (same everything just takes place 70 years in the future)?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i never followed cyberpunk much at all, so i'm a little confused... the original cyberpunk took place in like, 2008, right? is this a continuation of that world just 70 years later or is it a re-imagining (same everything just takes place 70 years in the future)?
The original game was set in 2013. Then they moved the setting to 2020, which was the setting for the longest time. Now they are continuing the same timeline just jumping to 2077. Not only in the PC game but in the relaunch of the pen and paper game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The original game was set in 2013. Then they moved the setting to 2020, which was the setting for the longest time. Now they are continuing the same timeline just jumping to 2077. Not only in the PC game but in the relaunch of the pen and paper game.
so johnny silverhand started his solo album in 2008, according to the wiki's... that's still accurate? so V wearing a Samurai jacket is like someone wearing a beatles shirt now? and then Paul McCartney pulling you out of the trash and telling you he wants your help to burn down the city?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
so johnny silverhand started his solo album in 2008, according to the wiki's... that's still accurate? so V wearing a Samurai jacket is like someone wearing a beatles shirt now? and then Paul McCartney pulling you out of the trash and telling you he wants your help to burn down the city?

Yep sounds about right.

Apparently there are 2 more time jumps/versions between 2020 and 2077. I have no clue what happened during that time really.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
2020 is considered the current canon version, at least until Red comes out. I think the later editions kinda went off the rail from what I've heard, so they just retcon'd them from the official timeline.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I never played the tabletop game. Is there somewhere to read all the lore(or books)?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This might be the greatest game of all time.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What amazes me is that you can take Keanu Reeves without making any changes to the way he looks, drop him in a Cyberpunk setting set in 2077 and he belongs and looks badass. :)

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can only imagine the boardroom meeting.

CD Projekt Red Dev1: Development is going along great, but I can't help but think our game is missing something... missing something important.
CD Projekt Red Dev2: We've got everything. Everything a cyberpunk game needs.
CD Projekt Red Dev1: I feel like there's something at the very core of the game that's just... just not there.
CD Projekt Red Dev2: Haha, what, like Keanu Reeves or something?
*Suddenly the ignition sound of six Brinks Trucks full of money is heard rumbling from the basement*

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users