Cyberpunk 2077

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Collectors editions are for weeb virgins. Always 4x the price of the base game, and all you usually get is some shitty soundtrack and a $5 cheap figurine wrapped in a box twice he size it needs to be

I've bought one physical collectors edition of a game in my life. Gold edition of Everquest. I think that was a collectors edition? EDIT: Amazon link didn't work since it's not for sale.
51EZKZQJ4WL._AC_SX430_.jpg

Still have the metal box, but forget what was in it. So it was an expensive box.

It's been years since I bought anything except digital now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't bought one in a long time but I did grab one for Death Stranding, the creepy looking bb pod for on the desk. If I can get one for Cyberpunk I will.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Collector's editions of mmo's use to give you a beginner mount, early access, and the like. So there was an in game benefit. Always got those, anything to get ahead.

For single player games it really depends on what's included, but usually it's a pass. Didn't see anything in the C77 editions that interested me.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I mean sure, but also it's not like they get any more money from you preordering versus ordering the game at release. I do buy a bunch of games before they release for various reasons, but generally I don't bother until it's about to be released and I feel like playing it at the time. I'm not saying the crazy "NEVER PREORDER EVER OR ELSE YOU'LL GO TO HELL AND SUCK TRANNY COCKS", just if you're not 100% sure, you can always just wait, doesn't really matter, nothing's forcing you to buy it now.

Yeah I feel the same way about Preorders. I kind of equate it to paying up in a Free To Play game though - it is more a token of support than anything else.

I have preordered only 2 games in my time - World of Warcraft after beta testing it, and Total War Warhammer - the former was worth every penny, as we all know, the latter was not because no matter how much I love Warhammer I simply cannot find it in me to enjoy a Total War game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I used to buy all the WoW CE. I stopped after MoP.

I also got the SWTOR CE. Wonder if the Malgus statue will ever be worth anything...to anyone lol

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There's literally no reason to ever preorder something so far from its release. Arguably, there's no reason to preorder at all, unless the preorder comes with some bonuses you deem valuable enough(mmo early start stuff or beta access comes to mind). Just buy the game when it releases if it's good. Preorder a few weeks before if you really want to.

I guess the only real reason to preorder this early would be if you want limited edition collector stuff, but these are probably all sold if they're limited.
i preordered ffvii cuz it was on sale, isn't that a reason to pre-order?, note i've haven't pre-ordered anything since pre-ordering a ps2 back in 2000

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll pre-order a PS5 to avoid all the nonsense. Assuming they have a decent lineup.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Collectors editions are for weeb virgins. Always 4x the price of the base game, and all you usually get is some shitty soundtrack and a $5 cheap figurine wrapped in a box twice he size it needs to be
Correction, OPENING a collector's edition is for weeb virgins.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If I remember correctly it had 3, mini Diablo, zergling and maybe a panda? that was tied to your account

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
This was my only collectors edition. Found an old Fan Faire pass was in side it. That Faire was fucking whacked lol.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The zergling pet also attacks the murloc marine if you come across a player with one. Diablo fights Tyreal also I think.

Panda cub just randomly falls asleep lol

• 1Like