Cyberpunk 2077

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
GTA 4 was awesome IMO. and how was rdr2 one of their worse games? You gave strange taste in games my friend.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I loved both games. I liked the story of GTA 4 better than GTA 5, but I agree that all the man dates were pretty annoying.

RDR 2 was just fantastic. I know some people complained that it was too slow, but I was in gaming nirvana.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
GTA4 would be rated higher for me personally if the driving wasn't so fucking bad

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
how is this even gonna work?

on nov 3, Trump wins and we get 2 weeks of riots and protests and then cyberpunk2077 releases and ppl just stay home again?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
how is this even gonna work?

on nov 3, Trump wins and we get 2 weeks of riots and protests and then cyberpunk2077 releases and ppl just stay home again?

I don't think the scenario which has Trump win is the one you need to worry about.

Nov 3, Biden wins, nov 10, US no longer has electricity and internet, only afritechnology?

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nov 3, Biden wins, nov 10, US no longer has electricity and internet, only afritechnology?

if it's windy or not windy enough or a little hot in california on a given day, this is exactly what would happen

• 1Truth!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
if it's windy or not windy enough or a little hot in california on a given day, this is exactly what would happen

Cali folks should ask for early access. If they don't get it, they might never be able to.

But seriously I can't imagine how bad that scenario would be for the US.

/end OT politics

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
GTA 4 was awesome IMO. and how was rdr2 one of their worse games? You gave strange taste in games my friend.
Because RDR2 was full of tedious bullshit. I hated it.

• 1WTF

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
RDR2 was a great ride while it lasted. But after it was done, I was like "that was great, I've had enough." No desire to replay it anytime soon. The half-assed Red Dead Online implementation didn't help matters any.

Let's not forget the development effort that went into RDR2 though. Remember they put in realistic horse testicle shrinkage in during cold weather. That is the current bar, and I expect CPDR to surpass that.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I may replay RDR2 someday, but it won't be for a couple of years at least. The online portion was terrible, at least at launch. Never went back to see if it got any better.

• 1Solidarity

Szlia

GTA 4 (and I include the DLCs) is a masterpiece. My only gripe with it is that the satire is borderline nihilistic : just about everybody everywhere is a terrible human being. It's a bit too much for my taste as it weakens the human drama, yet it still manages to be one of the strongest video game story, because it actually talks about relatable real world issues (and I don't mean drug deals going badly !).

Oddly, I think I only played one or two hours of GTA V. Some gameplay/UI issues (most notably the one pixel reticle - though there is an option to fix it ?) and a story that absolutely did not grab me and that was that. I should probably give it another go.

• 1Like

Jozu

Szlia same here. I loved 4 and actually beat it thoroughly. But for some reason I never got past the part where you first meet Trevor. It was a great game, but for some reason I just never finished it.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
5 is good. I think you'll enjoy it if you give it a good run. I think the gameplay was better. However, 4 was a much better story (imo) and Niko was the greatest. It;s my favorite of the GTA series, even though I think the forced hang outs were the worst thing ever implemented in a GTA title.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I burned out on 5. I liked Ray Liotta and the black guy but hated being forced into playing Trevor.

Jozu

Yea Trevor was funny at first but quickly became annoying to me and forced me to quit honestly.

spronk

FPS noob
GTA 5 is a masterpiece in seeing an open, living world with a huge amount of detail. I bounced off it a bunch but played 1-2 hours a weekend for months and really grew to love the SP campaign, setting, characters, and all the crazy shit you could do. It feels like Rockstar and maybe CDPR are the only devs left who will spend 4-5 years on a game and not release it until its super, super, super polished.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the gta 5 story was interesting because of how the 3 protagonists were different types of gamers. you have the fresh face who despite being told that everything is shit, is still really looking forward to what's new. you have the old retiree who's played everything, done everything. he's experienced what games have to offer and he's just jaded because nothing's really worked out. then you have trevor. he's the gamer who understands that it's game and just wants to break the system. he's driven by pure ego. when you play gta online and you do some missions, make some money and then call it quits, it always ends up with you just going on a one man riot. you go to the busiest street you can find and pull out your rocket launcher or minigun and go to town. that's trevor.

his schtick definitely gets old but he's also got some great moments.