Cyberpunk 2077

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This shit is crazy immersive. I just keep walking around and gawking at the ads and various things on TV / listening in on peoples conversations. They must have spent way too much time writing all this ancillary world stuff. I have so many things I want to do!

The ads are fantastic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Played about 4 or so hours so far. Runs between 50-75fps on mostly ultra settings (no Ray tracing) at 1440p on a 2060. Still in the prologue. Like it a lot so far, still trying to get a hang of combat, ui, inventory, character sheet etc. Atmosphere is great. The small bit of the city I've seen so far is very well done. Very immersive experience.

Only bug I've encountered so far is one T posing npc, no other issues to speak of.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This shit is crazy immersive. I just keep walking around and gawking at the ads and various things on TV / listening in on peoples conversations. They must have spent way too much time writing all this ancillary world stuff. I have so many things I want to do!
Seriously. I'm almost 5 hours in and feel like I haven't done shit yet (Mario mentioned prologue, which I'm assuming is part of Act 1? I just know I'm not even to the part the trailer showed).

Went to break up a mugging or something and got hacked by one of their dudes who kept setting me on fire. That was wild. And on another one I kept getting shot through a crate and I thought it was a bug. Killed em all and the gun apparently has piercing rounds which go through shit. There's also tracking guns and some kind of bio-gun where you need an implant to use its capabilities.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grez

Trakanon Raider
I guess they weren't twiddling their thumbs for the last 8 years.

• 1Like

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
What do you mean 70 hours. I’m at 116 now. ;)

I’ll probably do the intro path and then get back to Valhalla. I think I can finish it this weekend and then focus on Cyberpunk.
Finished Valhalla last night on PC. 135 hours played. 94% completion. Just have a few Ubisoft challenges to do. Will probably skip them though. Every quest done and every chest on the map looted. All the god weapons acquired. Game was good but it started to wear on me around the 70+ hour mark. It just didn't want to end. I thought it strange to not see a credit roll or anything. I had to check You Tube just to see if I really did finish it. The ending just kind of happens over an hour or so. I thought it was a bit strange the way that happened.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fucking love this game, looks amazing on the 3080. FUCK! They've nailed the city, the intro, the quests. Overwhelmed with stuff to do - imagine what a faggot you have to be to give this a 3/5.

Have had a whopping one bug so far, the cops at the very beginning of the street kid lifestyle intro sort of just fast forwarded on screen. Was odd, but no biggie. Game is absolutely beautiful with RTX on, the water, lighting, etc is the best I've maybe ever seen in a game. The future has arrived boys, 2020 has delivered.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
def some bugs - pretty minor though, for all you people with a shit tier card waiting, it really does still look and play great on a 1070 (medium). And when I do another play through whenever I upgrade my card in however many months it will be that much fresher.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Best lighting in a game ever - has to be, right?

definitely seen a lot of bugs but nothing game breaking and performance is pretty solid with a 2070 super w/ ray tracing.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Best lighting in a game ever - has to be, right?

definitely seen a lot of bugs but nothing game breaking and performance is pretty solid with a 2070 super w/ ray tracing.
By far, some of the reflections on the street, puddles, in glass etc are incredible really. Definitely understand RTX hype now

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished Valhalla last night on PC. 135 hours played. 94% completion. Just have a few Ubisoft challenges to do. Will probably skip them though. Every quest done and every chest on the map looted. All the god weapons acquired. Game was good but it started to wear on me around the 70+ hour mark. It just didn't want to end. I thought it strange to not see a credit roll or anything. I had to check You Tube just to see if I really did finish it. The ending just kind of happens over an hour or so. I thought it was a bit strange the way that happened.
That was my issue with Odyssey as well. Thought it ended then you could continue for two more endings. I dont really like that way of doing an ending.

Looking forward to starting cyberpunk today after work. Will paus my valhalla playthrough for a while. Think im only powerlvl 55 in that game still.

nu_11

Found a spot where RT reflections tanks my performance. Looking away I get 60 FPS. Looking a this spot I get 10-20 FPS. Standing in this spot but looking at the ground still gives me 10-20 FPS. Turn off RT reflections, everything is fine.

Also, looked in the mirror with all RT on and everything was blown out by lights. Exited, turned off RT, and looked into the mirror my hair was missing.

Game is so buggy.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Cringe

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Found a spot where RT reflections tanks my performance. Looking away I get 60 FPS. Looking a this spot I get 10-20 FPS. Standing in this spot but looking at the ground still gives me 10-20 FPS. Turn off RT reflections, everything is fine.

Also, looked in the mirror with all RT on and everything was blown out by lights. Exited, turned off RT, and looked into the mirror my hair was missing.

Game is so buggy.

I played for three hours tonight and I experienced one glitch. Started a fire fight in public and one of the NPCs ran away but her standing idle animation never changed. Just slid away without moving her feet. Only glitch I ran into.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The game is sensory overload. I cannot stop looking around at shit. It's honestly hard to believe something like this exists. Very excited for gaming going forward. After Alyx & CP2077... Matrix-type MMO VR world inc.

Game is running about 35-40 in the middle of the city on High-Ultra with a 3060ti... My 2600k and shit 8gb ram is bottlenecking the fuck out of the game. I tried to turn the options down inside the game and it actually made shit somewhat worse lol. I'll try to scale my Nvidia Game Ready Drivers to heavy performance and go from there. The GPU is running at like 30%. Come on 5600x, get here!!!

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played for about 1.5 hours just to see how it is on the PS5, it looks and runs great.

Made a female nomad V.
4FE46B6C-3D5F-4C3D-8F95-194902D52C25.jpeg

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Game is incredible. Most detailed city since GTA5 (not that there have been many? Legion is probably up there and..?)

lol.

1607586268829.png

Last edited:
  • 10Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 13 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Played about 7 hours so far. It crashed on me while just walking down the street, so I took that as a sign it was time to call it a night.

Loving the game so far though. Was a bit of a rough start, especially the corpo background story being a couple conversations and then bam, it's over. Not sure if the other two are that short, but definitely not what I expected (which I guess would have been something along the lines of the Dragon Age origin stories). Once in the actual game, all that was pretty much forgotten though.

Not too bad on the bug side of things. One t-pose (same as above), one car gone berserk, some mildly braindead AI (first mission boss didn't shoot back, and I've been able to bring a katana to a gunfight a couple times by standing around a corner and waiting for one idiot after another to come impale themselves on my blade), and one crash. Framerate has been stable 60 fps with it set to ultra (chromatic abomination, film grain, DoF, motion blur, and that horrible looking lens flare setting all turned off) at 3440x1440 on a Ryzen 3600 + 5700XT system.

Only other complaint I have is that the driving feels awful, like massive amounts of oversteer. Looking forward to getting an Arch motorcycle in the game so that I might actually be able to park a vehicle without it causing a traffic jam, but I'll probably just die over and over if it handles like the car I have now.

Hope there's some way to respec too. You can't see the perks at the point where character creation makes you spend the first 7 stat points, and even once I got out and leveled up a few times I still am not sure I'm setting myself up properly for a mantis build. For the moment though, that katana you get for logging into GOG is pretty strong even playing on Hard.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ran like a champ for the about 5 hours I played. Playing on Ultra 1080p. Game looks great so far. The only lolworthy bug I've had so far is summoning my car and having it show up totally fucked up, like no doors or hood and bumper hanging off.

• 2Worf

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else seeing floating trees?
1607592463382.jpeg

also
1607592463126.png

Attachments

• 1607592398918.png
    1607592398918.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 36
  • 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Ran like a champ for the about 5 hours I played. Playing on Ultra 1080p. Game looks great so far. The only lolworthy bug I've had so far is summoning my car and having it show up totally fucked up, like no doors or hood and bumper hanging off.

Imagine summoning your car in Portland 2077.

Makes perfect sense.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 5 users