Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

I’m level 39 and I’m close to that build, except less int and more in cool

I mostly got int for the hack nodes, because you get insane money hitting all those up. Between that, missions, and selling random guns, I’m sitting at over 500k

Also on a side note, it is worth doing those blue NCPD quests (blue baseball bats)...they frequently drop skill shards which give you a decent XP boost in certain things like crafting, quick hacking, athletics, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, shouldn't really matter too much aside from the 20 Tech and 18 Reflexes. Only reason I take Int so high is because of the crit/crit dmg cyberware, plus Cool peaks at like 11-12 for the most part. Biggest problem with 16 Int is that it makes it hard to resist going all the way to 20 for legendary Short Circuit, but for Tech build I don't think the passive really does a whole lot for either Comrade's Hammer or Widowmaker anyway.

As for raising skills some of them are so ridiculously slow in xp gain that I just say fuck it and cheese them. Like Athletics can be maxed by getting a Berserk OS (free from one of the psychos), activate Berserk, swing a melee weapon, then open and close the Athletics screen. Once you confirm it's working, go afk for about a minute per level you need and you should come back to find it maxed. And crafting gives xp for an entire stack of items even when you just disassemble 1, so get a huge stack of something and then break down 1 at a time until you cap it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It seems like some or most of the weapons that fire multiple projectiles are just broken. Some pistols that say " fires 2 rounds" actually fire 3 or more. Shoot them at the wall to see. Which pretty much leads to shot gunning enemies with huge crit dmg coupled with the right perks.

One weapon that comes to mind is the Burya pistol which you can get at lv12 at the place where you get the armadillo clothing mod spot. Do a save right before looting the box that has it and reload the game until you get it with the fires 2 rounds perk. That thing fires 3 rounds, can shoot through walls and will or can carry you through the whole game with little to no upgrades to it coupled with some crit gear and pistol perks.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Reading this thread, then remembering the story about the lead QA guy spending 150 hours or whatever in a playthrough, made me think: was the guy totally blind, or just plain incompetent?

Cybsled

You probably get blindness from seeing the same stuff over and over and having previously focused on prior bugs. Your brain eventually learns to “ignore” things that don’t match what you are looking for.

Like if I had to previously worry about NPCs that randomly drop dead, I might be so focused on trying to look for that, that I might miss minor things like an out of place animation

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Story itself? Prolly not, but to get 100% I'm sure you can spend 150+ hrs easy.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quick question. If I steal a vehicle, how do I make "my" vehicle. Like if I want to call it and such.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reading this thread, then remembering the story about the lead QA guy spending 150 hours or whatever in a playthrough, made me think: was the guy totally blind, or just plain incompetent?
Yeah, I don't know how that's possible. Spec Cool and Reflexes for handgun damage, turn off all the cameras, and go to town with headshots. Even if you get spotted, slo-mo kicks in and you can kill whatever saw you before it has time to raise an alarm. Rinse and repeat. Sure, it's slower than clearing the whole area with Contagion or Tech shots,, but still....

Quick question. If I steal a vehicle, how do I make "my" vehicle. Like if I want to call it and such.
You don't, you have to buy the ones you want to keep, or get them from quests/random spots in the world. You'll know when you get in a car that's yours to keep.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, I don't know how that's possible. Spec Cool and Reflexes for handgun damage, turn off all the cameras, and go to town with headshots. Even if you get spotted, slo-mo kicks in and you can kill whatever saw you before it has time to raise an alarm. Rinse and repeat. Sure, it's slower than clearing the whole area with Contagion or Tech shots,, but still....

You don't, you have to buy the ones you want to keep, or get them from quests/random spots in the world. You'll know when you get in a car that's yours to keep.
I finished my first play through at 60 hours. If I 100% I could probably easily double that. Add on sightseeing and searching for hidden stuff and I can see 150 hours. I mean my map is still full of ?'s and there are ones not on the map that can pop up when you are close.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Possibly but I would wager QA found and filed those bugs, but due to time/resource constraints the powers that be likely said fuck that those are not blockers for launch.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Even if he spotted and recorded every single bug, it still takes time to track down and fix all if them.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Apparently any of you guys with god graphic cards have another option:
The one version of “Cyberpunk 2077” that has so far been operating with only the occasional bug has been the game’s PC version. Now, users on that platform have discovered a bonus.

Specifically, several users have uncovered ‘Cinematic RTX,’ a new game mode in the game designed to enhance lighting quality, detail level and ambient occlusion throughout Night City to be more akin to film.

As a result, dark alleyways are shadier and dimly lit rooms more atmospheric. It’s a costly setting though, requiring 2GB more VRAM usage.

Intriguingly this is NOT a mod, the setting is already in the game but is hidden. To activate it also doesn’t require any complicated major editing, especially on Steam. You right-click the game in your Library, select properties, launch options, and then add -qualityLevel=Cinematic_RTX to the end.

Source: PC Gamer

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Let’s say he writes down every bug. Someone has to recreate/duplicate that bug. Then they have have to hunt down the source of that bug. Then they have to fix that bug. Then they have to hope the test environment is good enough that that fix didn’t break something else.

[edit] Oh and then they have to rewrite the test environment if that bug was gamebreaking or "big".

Repeat x 10,000.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Let’s say he writes down every bug. Someone has to recreate/duplicate that bug. Then they have have to hunt down the source of that bug. Then they have to fix that bug. Then they have to hope the test environment is good enough that that fix didn’t break something else.

Repeat x 10,000.

Nah man, I'm sure the playtesters were all just taking bong hits instead of testing and told cdpr everything looked good and that's why we're here.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Full redneck mode about to be activated, got the Aldecados jacket now to get the rest of a grimy outfit. lol

photomode_24122020_170908.png

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 9 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So glad you get to:

Fucking murder the entire Haitian gang, even without siding with the Net dudes. Just crawl out of the ice bath with guns blazing and they deserve every bit of it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have one gripe with Cyberpunk that started out rather small but it's becoming a gnawing issue: The in game adverts are way too repetitive. That "Bottoms up" sign for example is almost everywhere, they really didn't have time in 8 years to make like 25 or 100 more posters to break up the repetition? I also keep hearing the same 3 or 4 TV ads. "Taste the love!". Strong Idiocracy vibes, but I'm not sure it's what they were going for.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
CD Projekt Hit with Two Class-Action Lawsuits for 'Misleading Investors' with Cyberpunk 2077

It is Christmas day, which is supposed to be a happy day of celebration for all those who celebrate it. CD Projekt executives just received less than exciting news on the very eve, though, as yesterday afternoon two different law firms, the LA-based The Schall Law Firm and the NYC-based Rosen Law Firm, filed class-action lawsuits against CD Projekt alleging that the company misled investors when it comes to the recently released game Cyberpunk 2077.

According to The Schall Law Firm, there were violations of the §§10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rule 10b-5 promulgated thereunder by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

According to the Complaint, the Company made false and misleading statements to the market. CD Projekt’s hotly-anticipated video game “Cyberpunk 2077” was essentially unplayable on current-generation Xbox and PlayStation consoles due to an overwhelming number of bugs and other problems. Sony, Microsoft, and the Company were forced to offer refunds to customers who bought “Cyberpunk 2077,” resulting in Sony removing the game from its PlayStation Store. The Company’s reputation was harmed significantly by the botched launch of “Cyberpunk 2077.” Based on these facts, the Company’s public statements were false and materially misleading throughout the class period. When the market learned the truth about CD Projekt, investors suffered damages.

The press release issued by Rosen Law Firm features a very similar statement.

According to the lawsuit, defendants throughout the Class Period made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that: (1) Cyberpunk 2077 was virtually unplayable on the current-generation Xbox or Playstation systems due to an enormous number of bugs; (2) as a result, Sony would remove Cyberpunk 2077 from the Playstation store, and Sony, Microsoft and CD Projekt would be forced to offer full refunds for the game; (3) consequently, CD Projekt would suffer reputational and pecuniary harm; and (4) as a result, defendants’ statements about its business, operations, and prospects, were materially false and misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis at all relevant times. When the true details entered the market, the lawsuit claims that investors suffered damages.

In both cases, the lawsuits could be joined by investors that have purchased CD Projekt stock between January 16th, 2020 and December 17th, 2020. Those who wish to join the class-action will have to contact The Schall Law Firm or Rosen Law Firm before February 22nd, 2021.

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 7 users