Cyberpunk 2077

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah first time I heard of patching was EQ, my first online game.

Was “wtf is patch notes”

I think Total Annihilation might have been the first game I played that offered downloadable patches/updates/modding. Modding community kept me playing that game for 10+ yrs.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
They just need a way to zoom out the minimap.
I don't like the GTA overlay and a mini map zoom option would be nice, but I like games with the little floating trail that guides you there, especially if its an easy on/off toggle.
I think Total Annihilation might have been the first game I played that offered downloadable patches/updates/modding. Modding community kept me playing that game for 10+ yrs.
TA is my shit as far as RTS games go. I just like turtling and its hard to do that in most RTS games because they actively design it out. Arm in the painted desert with a ring of annhilators. Could play that 100 times in a row and not get bored.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
I don't like the GTA overlay and a mini map zoom option would be nice, but I like games with the little floating trail that guides you there, especially if its an easy on/off toggle.

TA is my shit as far as RTS games go. I just like turtling and its hard to do that in most RTS games because they actively design it out. Arm in the painted desert with a ring of annhilators. Could play that 100 times in a row and not get bored.

Whats wild is the engine itself. Able to handle thousands of 3D units at a time and as far as I’m aware could scale to any resolution, allowing you to set the in game resolution to all the options your desktop had. Like for me I was able to play it at 2560x1440 without any sort of third party nonsense just straight out of the box capability for a game that came out in 1997. I don’t think there was any UI scaling unfortunately so icons n shit got kinda small but otherwise good to go.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
I have found my share of bugs but so far I have always found work arounds like resetting the encounter or approaching from a different angle. I loved the one that had me exiting a truck right into the water that was 1 story below and a solid 50 feet away from the door. Did you know that you can swim in this game??? I kind of want to explore all of the underwater areas just to see if something was added.

I am having a blast with this game. It is a 10/10 for me. I have taken my sweet time just exploring and slowly working my progress through the main story. Some of the visuals that this game offers are just....real. Its odd. When I get into my mustang after having played this game at work, I get this game sensation that rolls over me as I first get in. Fortunately that goes away quickly as I drive my car, as it handles so much better.

I can hardly wait to see what kind of Mods people cook up for this game. Maybe making use of the unused areas and thus expanding the city. You could even go under the city. In a few years this game might actually be fully explorable. I know we will not see a game this good again for a few years.
I dove into a canal and underwater was a hatchback car with the rear open, lights still on and a hairless cat chillin by the tail pipe....alive.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Speaking of the cats, you can get one as a pet for your apartment. You can find cat food in certain spots. If you leave the cat food at the bowl near your apartment and come back later, you find the cat and can pick it up and put it in your apartment. It will go to different spots in there when you return there (I've found it drinking from the sink, sitting in hamper, and eating from a bowl I have setup inside).

Also, there is some dumb gig where a guy tries to sell you a BD and a special player. Costs you like 20k and you wake up in a tub with all your money and shit gone. You can get the stolen shit back (gotta find a locker with it in it), but you never get the 20k back and you just get standard XP+street cred shit. I reloaded and just asked the dude for a refund after I bought the BD and he then says you need a special player and it removes the gig from the map.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually never went back to apartment after the wake up from coma bit after you die. No reason too, lol.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Leaving aside the baselessness of the case, I question what jurisdiction a US circuit court has over a Polish corporation.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
13 million sold, one of the highest selling games this year, and they are bitching about "Bungled Launch" Shit I cant see even 10% of those that bought it actually refund it. But I might be wrong? Who the fuck knows.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
nm says in the lawsuit that CDPR is incorporated in Delaware, so it will just be thrown out for being ridiculous

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ran into a kind of wall yesterday with the game.

I got through to Act 2 and got the motorcycle. I stayed in Act 1 to build up funds, explore, and build up some character level(10). I look at my map and almost everything is "Very High" risk. I play Pistol and bought the legendary one from the guy just outside the apartment. I figured I should be able to work my way through those missions. That would be a no, as the enemy has a lot of armor and they practically one shot me. Now there are a couple of moderate difficulty on the map, but I feel as though I messed up somewhere. I figured I would be able to farm some money back(I need 15k for rogue) but I am a little wary of whether or not I could even do the main missions with my current setup. Friend of mine went sniper and I am beginning to see why. I might restart and go full melee/tank. Maybe I did not build up enough in Act 1? Its odd because I am just playing normal mode. I wanted to enjoy the story but have challenge with it. Did not think the challenge would esculate that quickly or I gimped myself by accident.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I discovered a new thing kind of lol. Street Fighter car beat em up round! With gorilla arms punching cars until they explode and kill civilians is hilarious.

Double Jump also opens up a whole new aspect of exploration as you can basically parkour on rooftops. Game is incredible. Also, I found an amazing smart pistol at the Arasaka estate. I crafted legendary version of it and its ridiculous. Its gold plated, has japanese name.

• 3Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also, I found an amazing smart pistol at the Arasaka estate. I crafted legendary version of it and its ridiculous. Its gold plated, has japanese name.
Smart pistols are for errand boys too squeamish to see a fight up close. Errand boys, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill. I have felt the weight of my mantis blades, horror and moral terror, so long that they have become me and I have become them.

It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Smart pistols are for errand boys too squeamish to see a fight up close. Errand boys, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill. I have felt the weight of my mantis blades, horror and moral terror, so long that they have become me and I have become them.

It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared.
giphy (1).gif

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I use a Legendary Crash revolver as well that hits for 9k and crits for like 69k.

I just like the smart pistol because it targets up to 6 enemies at once and shoots 4 bullet bursts.

has anyone else noticed as you get to the higher levels (started happening around lvl 35-36) there start to be a good amount of legendary clothing mod drops? Im currently wearing 5 +30% crit damage mods, and 4 +15 % crit chance mods, totaling like 160% crit dmg increase with +60% chance. One of the best perks in the game is the one that removes mods from items when broken down. I have gotten almost 10! of those legendary clothing mod drops from random purple drops that I just break down and slot into my preem gear.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I know it was way too late to incorporate such a system, and it would take some creativity to pull off in a city environment, but I wish they could have pulled a Ghost of Tsushima and implemented a non-minimap system. Love that about GoT. You can really enjoy the beautiful environment they built. Because I just stare intensely at the minimap while driving and barely enjoy the amazing world they built. Of all the "quality of life" aspects of GoT, I think that's my favorite and I hope other open world games adopt it.