Cyberpunk 2077

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This is why game devs need to open up games for ease of modding, like Bethesda does (or did). Imagine CP77 with Skyrim levels of modding. You'd have nekked female protagonists running around killing people with their massive cyborg tits. But nooooo... no modding for you.
everybody loves raymond my posts GIF

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Not being able to base game make a game female V with a 50” ass, HHH cup breasts and a 15” hog kind of feels like body shaming…

Kotaku should make a write up about how CD projekt red is cancelled because of that.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This had the longest credits for anything, ever.

Something like 70% of ppl didn't finish on PC. Kind of a fucking shame because I thought this one was good enough. Normally I see looter shooter mechanics and refuse a game but this one came out more than alright.

Maybe a DLC with multiplayer and a back to night city revival could have a chance. Not for PS4 of course.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Something like 70% of ppl didn't finish on PC. Kind of a fucking shame because I thought this one was good enough. Normally I see looter shooter mechanics and refuse a game but this one came out more than alright.

Maybe a DLC with multiplayer and a back to night city revival could have a chance. Not for PS4 of course.
Witcher 3 has a completion rate of ~21.6%. Cyberpunk 2077 has a completion rate of ~23.6%.

They knew completion rate was a big issue in Witcher 3 so they designed Cyberpunk 2077 with that in mind supposedly. But I think theyre hard metrics to get a full grasp of simply because you have to separate between someone that just hated the game once they started playing it, and someone that liked the game but ultimately lost steam just because of how much content, monotonous or not, there is in the games.

The clothes, the depth of the original character creation system, and a lot of the "dead code" in the game solidifies the idea that the developers original intention with CP2077 was a GaaS. They definitely had feature creep and it bit them on the ass. But if they actually would have released what they originally designed the game for - CP2077 would have been top dog.

No amount of DLC will get a majority of its players back. They need to drop this game like a bad habit and move on to the next Witcher before the company completely shuts down.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Witcher 3 has a completion rate of ~21.6%. Cyberpunk 2077 has a completion rate of ~23.6%.

They knew completion rate was a big issue in Witcher 3 so they designed Cyberpunk 2077 with that in mind supposedly. But I think theyre hard metrics to get a full grasp of simply because you have to separate between someone that just hated the game once they started playing it, and someone that liked the game but ultimately lost steam just because of how much content, monotonous or not, there is in the games.

The clothes, the depth of the original character creation system, and a lot of the "dead code" in the game solidifies the idea that the developers original intention with CP2077 was a GaaS. They definitely had feature creep and it bit them on the ass. But if they actually would have released what they originally designed the game for - CP2077 would have been top dog.

No amount of DLC will get a majority of its players back. They need to drop this game like a bad habit and move on to the next Witcher before the company completely shuts down.

Sales jumped up pretty dramatically when the PS5 and Series X versions were released.

With sales increasing and there being 20 million copies sold, it would be pretty dumb for them to just ditch the game altogether

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The thing about all the CP2077 fallout I find most bizarre is how the gaming rags were talking about CDPR's stock drop, despite the game actually being extremely successful, and how CDPR is now actually doing worse than Techland even though Techland released a game this year that (compared to CP2077) was in just as shitty a state on PC/XSX/PS5 and a much larger drop in quality compared to their previous game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

This game was unfairly shit on by clickbait farmers. Notice how virtually every video talking about the buggy mess of this game uses ps4 footage

The worst thing CDPR ever did was releasing this in the prior gen consoles

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The thing about all the CP2077 fallout I find most bizarre is how the gaming rags were talking about CDPR's stock drop, despite the game actually being extremely successful, and how CDPR is now actually doing worse than Techland even though Techland released a game this year that (compared to CP2077) was in just as shitty a state on PC/XSX/PS5 and a much larger drop in quality compared to their previous game.

Perception of success/failure can have a pretty dramatic effect on stock prices, they're not as cute and dry as just a mirror of objective success.

They were also pretty fucked on timing. Covid lockdowns making it harder on companies and Series X and PS5's extremely limited availability meant sales would have been extremely low if they were next gen only just because very few non-scalpers even had them

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Perception of success/failure can have a pretty dramatic effect on stock prices, they're not as cute and dry as just a mirror of objective success.

They were also pretty fucked on timing. Covid lockdowns making it harder on companies and Series X and PS5's extremely limited availability meant sales would have been extremely low if they were next gen only just because very few non-scalpers even had them
Im not disputing their success with the game. PS4 was atrocious but everything else was a gleaming success. Im sure you're right in that they shouldnt just "drop it" and Im guessing thats because of good will. But I also feel like that "good will" is based on them reacting to the Media and talking heads saying how terrible the game has done/doing and whatever other shit they can pick apart. Almost like a guilt trip. Im not some savant on the issue though, so maybe Im just full of shit.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of the best games I ever played even if the ending kind of blew.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know how many hours I've spent in games like Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout and the GTA series and mostly never finished them, just mucked about finding my own adventurs. You don't need to finish games if they have good side content.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I don't know how many hours I've spent in games like Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout and the GTA series and mostly never finished them, just mucked about finding my own adventurs. You don't need to finish games if they have good side content.
1659128041520.gif

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
With close to 20 million sales this is by far not a failure. And im sure they could milk this game like Bethesda does and they did with their witcher 3 game for years to come if they give it some beefy content injections.

• 3Like

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Waiting for complete GOTY edition. Did the same with Witcher 3.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users