Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Just downloaded this.

Any advice that doesn't require me to find a needle post in this haystack thread?

xoxo <3 <3
Perk points are resettable if you have enough Eddies. Attribute points are permanent. Spend at your own risk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Unfortunately you kind of have to figure out what build you want to go for early on because of attributes. Some build/weapon options are attribute locked and require a certain attribute point level to use

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately you kind of have to figure out what build you want to go for early on because of attributes. Some build/weapon options are attribute locked and require a certain attribute point level to use

Think I went body/tech/cool and put most of the points in body/tech.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im enjoying a second playthrough after not playing since launch time.

I forgot a lot of the earlier missions so it feels fresh and I went corpo which is basically the same as street but slightly different as far as speech options. Im playing on the hardest setting which is punishing as FUCK, it really forces you to take every encounter seriously and have to use stealth/sneak or disable with cyber or nades, just tying to shoot at enemies is basically a death sentence (so far Im only level 4).

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im enjoying a second playthrough after not playing since launch time.

I forgot a lot of the earlier missions so it feels fresh and I went corpo which is basically the same as street but slightly different as far as speech options. Im playing on the hardest setting which is punishing as FUCK, it really forces you to take every encounter seriously and have to use stealth/sneak or disable with cyber or nades, just tying to shoot at enemies is basically a death sentence (so far Im only level 4).

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I went full netrunner build second time around. Did every side question, gig, Cyberpyscho mission, etc. By the time I hit 50 (natural, no hacks) I was blasting fools with Hacks. I loaded it with Hacks that spread. Contagion, Reboot Optics, Cripple Movement, Weapon Glitch..etc. It's pretty awesome sneaking up to a mob of enemies, and then start hitting them with hack after hack and watch it spread and take them out. I maxed Intelligence, Reflexes and Technical Ability. Rest of stats I took to 6 and left them.

- Previous playthrough I sent Jackies body to Viks, which had one result. This time around I sent him to his family, which was had an entirely separate outcome. Both options had more than throw away dialogue and was pretty cool.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I went full netrunner build second time around. Did every side question, gig, Cyberpyscho mission, etc. By the time I hit 50 (natural, no hacks) I was blasting fools with Hacks. I loaded it with Hacks that spread. Contagion, Reboot Optics, Cripple Movement, Weapon Glitch..etc. It's pretty awesome sneaking up to a mob of enemies, and then start hitting them with hack after hack and watch it spread and take them out. I maxed Intelligence, Reflexes and Technical Ability. Rest of stats I took to 6 and left them.

- Previous playthrough I sent Jackies body to Viks, which had one result. This time around I sent him to his family, which was had an entirely separate outcome. Both options had more than throw away dialogue and was pretty cool.
I'm doing a similar build however I'm taking Cool to 17 instead of Reflexes. Mostly for the Cold Blooded buffs.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd do another play through, if they ever come out with DLC worth playing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I just wish they'd let modders go crazy. This thing would be bigger than skyrim if they had all the tools in hand.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm doing a similar build however I'm taking Cool to 17 instead of Reflexes. Mostly for the Cold Blooded buffs.
I heard that in 1.5 those Cold Blooded perks were nerfed HEAVILY. Not sure how they play out but still....

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I heard that in 1.5 those Cold Blooded perks were nerfed HEAVILY. Not sure how they play out but still....
Given this is my first playthrough I can't speak to any nerfs, but I know those buffs have been very useful. Also a few of the Ninjitsu perks help as well with stealth.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
In retrospect, I think I would have gone Cool as well. I just don't use my weapons anymore, or rarely. My Hacks do tons of damage and weapons are usually to finish them off. I have Gorrila Arms with Chemical Damage that I use for close combat. That said, I focused purely on Tech Weapons, and they hit HARD.

My weapons at end game are:

- The Lizzie -
You get this after The Heist and when you return to Lizzies to talk to Judy. Just look around the basement area, it's in a back room
- The Widow Maker -
You get this if you opt to kill Nash and raid the Raffen Shiv camp with Panam after getting her truck back and the goods. It's Nashes rifle.
- Breakthrough -
You craft this, and you find the recipe from an NCPD gig, I forget which one it was. Need to have the perk to be able to make it. The Nekomata sniper was one of my favs, as it's a Tech rifle, and this is essentially a Neko that's Iconic. Before finding Breakthrough, I used Nekomata snipers as I found them. There is a Legendary you can buy, but I didn't want to drop the 20k+ eddies on it.

Since I maxed my Tech stat to 20, I focused on crafting, so I could upgrade weapons and clothes as I leveled and keep them maxed.

One more thing for new players. READ YOUR SHARDS. Some are pure lore, but there is unlockables in there sometimes, as well as Opening and reading the mail on every laptop you find.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
In retrospect, I think I would have gone cool as well. I just don't use my weapons any more, or rarely.

That said, I focused purely on Tech Weapons, and they hit HARD.

My weapons at end game was:

The Lizzie -
You get this after The Heist and when you return to Lizzies to talk to Judy. Just look around the basement area, its in a back room
The Widow Maker -
You get this if you opt to kill Nash and raid the Raffen Shiv camp with Panam after getting her truck back and the goods. It's Nashes rifle.
Breakthrough -
You craft this, and you find the recipe from an NCPD gig. Need to have the perk to be able to make it. The Nekomata sniper was one of my favs, as it's a Tech rifle, and this is essentially a Neko that's Iconic

Before finding Breakthrough, I used Nekomata snipers as I found them. There is a Legenday you can buy, but I didnt want to drop the 20k+ eddies on it.
Yup I'm using exclusively Tech weapons as well. And with Tech at 7 already, I used crafting to pump my Eddies count pretty high (over 100k before meeting Stout for the first time) So all I need now is more Street Cred to buy whatever I find.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just reinstalled this on Steam. I played probably 15 hours'ish on release, then just stopped. Will give it another go.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I go mostly stealth guns and snipes for the most part in thise types of games. Its the playstyle that suits me the most. Although I remember my last play through I mixed in some katana melee type shit later in the game. Cant do this game without some katana cutting peoples heads off type game play. Plus you have to do some melee anyways now because certain weapons need body to 10 anyway AND you have all that boxing goodness to play through with some power fists or else you miss out on some good shit. Like the huge ass tranny you have to fight later. :D

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
All the combat forms get pretty ridiculous until the end game (on low difficulties, an int build can contagion entire buildings to death without seeing a second enemy, and crippling + circle strafing to insta takedown cyberpsychos is preposterous), but at the end of the day, you pretty much have to pick one of Agility / Int / Tech and dump the rest in Body / Cool for best results.

Cybsled

Unless they patched it, you can cheat the Rhino fight. Just drop a sword on the ground, start the fight, then pickup the sword and own Rhino easy

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Unless they patched it, you can cheat the Rhino fight. Just drop a sword on the ground, start the fight, then pickup the sword and own Rhino easy

Gorrila Arms and some points in Body does wonders for the Beat the Brat fights.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Playing this and Fallout 4 and just realized they are both set in 2077.

edit: aaaaaaannd the PS5 version of Fallout 4 is straight useless. Its bugged at character creation screen at the very start of the game. You have to spam start in order to get it to initiate the creator, but after your done it doesnt llow you to interact with objects and you hear the NPC and the player character talking during the start menu. Its fucking stupid and I deleted it.

Last edited:
  • 1Blown
  • 1Double Worf