Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can use XP multiplier to boost the amount of xp you get per use:
That could work, but if I remember right the biggest problem with Athletics is that stuff like just running around the world stops giving any XP after about rank 4 or so. I guess if you dialed it up to max you could probably just punch a wall a few times whenever you raise Body and never have to worry about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How different is this these days if I haven't played since launch week?

I've been meaning to do a second play through with a female V for a while and now I've seriously got the itch after watching the anime.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How different is this these days if I haven't played since launch week?

I've been meaning to do a second play through with a female V for a while and now I've seriously got the itch after watching the anime.
Im planning on doing a replay of it when the DLC comes out next year. I would suggest you wait to do the same. It has a few new things and a ton of bug fixes, but none of it is enough to warrant going through all the tedium of the game again (yet).

• 1Like

Jozu

Ive been playing for the last month. Im 64 hrs in. Havent played since launch, finished in 135 hrs.

Im having fun using different weapons and picking different choices. It honestly feels like a different game. Its a fucking great game. If you look at the map and put it to dynamic and jobs, there is so many points of interest to hit, beyond even side missions. Making money the right way is also somewhat challenging, making the world and the shit that happens in it more consequential. Im digging the automatic power pistols with sick mods and high ricochet. Bleed or shock with crit is silly, but honestly I use monowire when shit gets sticky. I couldnt beat Oda until I just overwhelmed with monowire strikes.

• 1Like

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Netrunner is the ultimate EZ-Mode.

I was working on a Molly build before I gave up but I just can't play through that opening mission one more time. It doesn't take that long by itself but the whole listening to Jackie talk to the police officer about his girl etc is just tedious by the time you've done it a dozen times.
I wish there was a free to play mode that didn't involve V, Jack, or the main story, which sucked, where I could just do my own thing. I also wish I could make a fat slob character, like Wilson, from the gun range, or Dex. You can make a dude with boobs, or a chick with a dick. but not a fat balding slob?... really. The game disappoints in so many ways. Why are there so few fat slobs, you would think in 2077 there would be mostly fat slobs walking the earth. Where are all the fat streetwalker ladies? Could you imagine the sex scene with a fat slob character and a fat streetwalker. Meh.

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish there was a free to play mode that didn't involve V, Jack, or the main story, which sucked, where I could just do my own thing. I also wish I could make a fat slob character, like Wilson, from the gun range, or Dex. You can make a dude with boobs, or a chick with a dick. but not a fat balding slob?... really. The game disappoints in so many ways. Why are there so few fat slobs, you would think in 2077 there would be mostly fat slobs walking the earth. Where are all the fat streetwalker ladies? Could you imagine the sex scene with a fat slob character and a fat streetwalker. Meh.
This does not deserve its own playthrough. Please stop.

Jozu

Game sucks because you cant play as a fat slob.

Amazing.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Expecting all open world games to match Saints Row 3 may be an unrealistic expectation.

And yes, while I liked Cyberpunk 2077, even at the time I thought I'd rather play though SR3 (or even SR4, if you can get through the slow beginning repeat material from 3) again before I'd play through CP 2077's base game again.

Still playing Phantom Liberty on day one, mind you.

• 1Picard

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Downloading it right now, never played it before.

What are top 5 things I should do as a newb to set myself up for success?

Cybsled

I would give one piece of advice: Have a good idea on what build you want going in. Respec isn't really viable in this game (it exists but costs a fuckton of money). A lot of weapons and abilities are stat point locked.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Pick only one of Reflexes (Handguns, Rifles, and Blades), Intelligence (Hacking / Spellcasting), OR Tech (Smart targetting guns and Lockpick), then dump the rest evenly into Body / Cool until you know what you are doing in the game and what you want to buy.

Any time you see a computer, read the messages / get the files.

Whenever you hit a new area, hit the ripperdoc - once you have the street cred for them, that is.

Double jump (leg cybertech) is fun, and even with two complete clears, I don't think I've found all the movie references on rooftops.

Vorph

I wouldn't put points into Cool unless you're super into sneaking around. Otherwise it's just a stat to dump leftover points into, mainly to unlock the various status immunity cyberware you can get at Cool 12.

Tech 18, on the other hand, is practically required for the vast majority of builds. Even if you think you'll be fine with just the loot you pick up, you'll be fucked on mods. Some builds can still make do without them, but others will bite you in the ass late in the game when you realize that the key component of a build is inaccessible without crafting (like, say, playing a Sandevistan build and finding out you're never going to have legendary heatsinks for it if you can't craft them).

Reflexes, Body, and Int are the ones I'd say to pick two to invest heavily in, and leave the third at 3. And if you're on very hard it's really more like picking between Reflexes and Int, because you're going to need Body.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
So what's the standard netrunner progression? Never played one when the game came out and wouldn't mind messing around again. Not sure what to prioritize as far as attributes/perks beyond Intelligence. I hear it kinda blows early on but picks up when you get your int up a bit so i'm ok with having to shoot things at first.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait you still can't reset attributes in this shit?

There's no mod or anything available yet to do it?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my wife was thinking about this, probably cuz she saw interest in the anime, and i said, maybe wait till they make a good 3rd person mod (she hates 1st), then i googled and lulz

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users