Cyberpunk 2077

Cybsled

Maybe. I know we see ingame stuff with Idra, but I suppose we have no context on when this is occurring.

The trailer does make him look pretty damn dead considering he gets double tapped in the head presumably

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I started playing this last night for first time. "Playing" is generous as 90% of my time was spent watching dialogue scenes. I had one firefight near the start, drove to a hotel and then did some boring point and click stuff. Oh, and the brain dance stuff was a snooze fest

Is the majority of the game going to be like this?

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

There is a lot of dialogue, but the introduction is relatively heavy if you're sticking to MSQ.

Did you already do the heist at Arasaka Tower?

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How much is it like GTA? I buy all GTA games, drive around for a few hours in amazement, then never touch them again.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'm hoping

We'll find out the abduction is a play by AIs / Mr. Blue Eyes (How else would Idris survive the train attack!)... only to find out Idris is human and So Mi / Songbird has been AI controlled since the train attack, and Idris is only trying to free the president, with the escalation setting up Cyberpunk 2079.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I started playing this last night for first time. "Playing" is generous as 90% of my time was spent watching dialogue scenes. I had one firefight near the start, drove to a hotel and then did some boring point and click stuff. Oh, and the brain dance stuff was a snooze fest

Is the majority of the game going to be like this?
You should probably wait a week til at least 2.0 drops and all the changes go in. Or wait til Phantom Liberty drops.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pwe

How much is it like GTA? I buy all GTA games, drive around for a few hours in amazement, then never touch them again.
Bros, please. I need a single player game. I haven't been in love since Elden Ring.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Bros, please. I need a single player game. I haven't been in love since Elden Ring.
It's not as sandboxy as GTA. It's an FPS RPG with more focus on story/narrative.

Edit: I am the same with GTA. Played all of them but never finished one.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pwe

It's not as sandboxy as GTA. It's an FPS RPG with more focus on story/narrative.

Edit: I am the same with GTA. Played all of them but never finished one.
So it can played fps'ish? That sounds interesting.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's more like RDR2 with more combat FPS sections/random events and less travel/exploration. But there are multiple combat styles and ways through missions.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
So it can played fps'ish? That sounds interesting.
Pretty much.

CP is built around FPS mechanics and GTA is built around driving mechanics (neither are at the top of the pile in either category).

Once you open up the map in GTA, you can go practically anywhere and unleash mayhem to your black heart's content. CP is much more RPG/levelling-based, so if you wander into a much higher level area and pick a fight, you'll get destroyed in a hurry.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Not sure if posted here yet but here is a character builder for 2.0/Phantom Liberty.

Home of the Cyberpunk 2077 universe — games, anime & more

Interesting. The technical tree seems to have been completely changed so it isn't really for crafting anymore - instead it is mostly focused on cyberware buffs and consumables like nades and health items. That's a nice change

All the trees are heavily changed. Being able to see the full rework is really nice. I can already see some cool builds - Reflexes, Body, and Cool all have some good damage mitigation options. Intelligence+Cool+Technical trees seem like they'll be a solid combo for netrunner builds

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't played this since release. Loved the game, had an absolute blast for 115 hrs before stopping. Cannot wait to see how much better it is now.

Very much excited to jump into this again, especially after playing something like Starfield, which while I've enjoyed it, Cyberpunk feels magnitudes deeper & like a living world.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
All the trees are heavily changed. Being able to see the full rework is really nice. I can already see some cool builds - Reflexes, Body, and Cool all have some good damage mitigation options. Intelligence+Cool+Technical trees seem like they'll be a solid combo for netrunner builds

Yeah, seems kind of overwhelming. Hopefully respec isn't too painful.