Cyberpunk 2077

velk

Trakanon Raider
I did, that's where the 4/9/15/20 tiers come from. With 80 points you can do something like 15/9/20/15/20 and have 2 left over, but if cyberware is still similar to how it was you'll need stuff like 10, 12, 16, etc. in specific stats to equip them. Can't really plan anything in the builder without knowing that too.

Apparently there are no hard stat requirements to equip cyberware, but the effect increases with the associated stat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

During their stream, they recommended a new play through for the DLC, since the DLC has impacts on other elements of the story.

I’ll probably load up 2.0 to make sure the game works on my PC still and mess around with talents on my character that completed everything

I did notice that ripperdocs all well everything now, so I am going to presume lots of people are going to kill/beat the shit of the Fingers now lol. Only reason people didn’t do that is he had the best sandevistan in the game and the double jump/hover leg mods before

Kaines

Potato Supreme
During their stream, they recommended a new play through for the DLC, since the DLC has impacts on other elements of the story.

I’ll probably load up 2.0 to make sure the game works on my PC still and mess around with talents on my character that completed everything

I did notice that ripperdocs all well everything now, so I am going to presume lots of people are going to kill/beat the shit of the Fingers now lol. Only reason people didn’t do that is he had the best sandevistan in the game and the double jump/hover leg mods before
While that is true, I heavily doubt that PL will have any significant impact on the Prologue (The Heist). And as slow as I play these games these days, I'm pretty sure I won't be getting much past that before Tuesday.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Really very excited for this

EDIT* New Nvidia drivers up specifically for CP - stoked to see how it looks

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
Cops are much more GTA like now. Never really pissed them off too much prior but MaxTac straight fucks. Also son of a bitch wish I had abused crafting more prior to stack up cash and crafting mats.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This makes me want to finally pull the trigger on the gaming PC for the couch. 13900k, 4080, HDMI out to a 65" OLD C2. 4k native with psycho ray tracing and this game - saw some videos - just wow.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to start new today. Just figure its easier to get used to all the new stuff when starting over. Probably wont even finish main story by the time the DLC launchers, so plenty of time.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This makes me want to finally pull the trigger on the gaming PC for the couch. 13900k, 4080, HDMI out to a 65" OLD C2. 4k native with psycho ray tracing and this game - saw some videos - just wow.
200.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Really very excited for this

EDIT* New Nvidia drivers up specifically for CP - stoked to see how it looks

Started a new run now for 2.0, pre-ordered the expansion. Running everything on max, including the "test" feature that requires a 4070 or better (have a 4090). Runs butter smooth (100+ fps so far) and looks better than any other game in terms of lighting (Edit: In terms of an open world, comparing this to a new game like Starfield, this shits all over it in terms of every graphical aspect there is /end edit). Certainly can't complain about optimization, fps or any sort of lag with a high end computer. No idea how it is on a lower spec system though.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do It GIF

• 2Truth!
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I rolled up a new game on the PC despite having virtually zero desire to kick my many hours of Series X progress into the garbage, but fuck it. I didn't lay out a mortgage payment for this stupid 4090 for nothing.

After a short run through the introductory stuff, regrets are rapidly fading. The game looked great on the Series X, but this is an entirely different level.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I rolled up a new game on the PC despite having virtually zero desire to kick my many hours of Series X progress into the garbage, but fuck it. I didn't lay out a mortgage payment for this stupid 4090 for nothing.

After a short run through the introductory stuff, regrets are rapidly fading. The game looked great on the Series X, but this is an entirely different level.
Yeah, this game is pretty fantastic looking on PC. I don't rock a 4090 card though lol. My 3080 at 1440p is good enough.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mother of God - looks fantastic and plays fantastic. The lighting, particularly at night just cruising around is easily the best looking city in gaming history with everything cranked. Just unbelievably cool. Great update, though the ai for cops when you go ham is pretty freakin hard and i had to hard load several times lol

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

party GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Gonna start tonight, new playthrough. Since launch I tried before for a new one, patch 1.5? 1.6? Anyway, it didnt take. Hopefully this time it does so I can do the expansion too.

Cybsled

If you have an existing save, I'd recommend fucking around with attributes and skill point distribution and what have you before rolling a new game. They changed SO much. Even weapons. Revolvers can't use silencers anymore, for example, if you were using those as your stealth kill pistols. Upgrades changed across the board for items as well - clothing doesn't give you anything except stuff like the netrunner suit. All the armor stuff is tied to your cyber implants. My prior attribute build gimped my character because of the skill revamps, so I have to figure that out. Non-unique guns can actually be pretty viable now since they changed how modding them works.

Since I had a fuckton of points in Tech and Reflexes already, I did a dash+cyberware rage mode+blade build attempt. It was kind of fun - blocking bullets like a jedi and then dashing up and using finishers that give you health and stamina back. They added a fuckton of new Cyberware and my ass was mostly broke on my save (only had 180k...but each T5 implant that was good went for like 80k+. Might be worth going to that ripperdoc that gives you the 20% discount if you don't murder him if you're hardup for cash. He was worthless pre-2.0 because his cyber implants kinda sucked, but now that everyone has the same stuff for sale, he might be worth a look). For pistols with suppressor attachment compatibility, Archangel seems like the highest damage iconic pistol that can take a silencer (that I've found). The pistol you find during the Relic heist in the hotel room seems to be 2nd best in terms of per-shot damage and it has a higher headshot multiplier than Archangel.

They also continued the Cohh Carnage street bum quest with an extra part - I'm convinced that if that quest isn't tied into Phantom Liberty, then it is a teaser of the next Cyberpunk game in terms of the main plot since it has ties to a few other quests in the game, like the Mayor quest.

They also added more nods to the anime - some of the skill icons have Rebecca and David on them, for example.

Cybsled

Fucking lol...with gorilla arms, you can pick up an enemy and toss it at another enemy and they fucking gib into chunks

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users