Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Has a long ass CD though
35 sec on the Militech one isn't too bad. Sandevistan has long cd now too. They even straight up deleted the QianT Mk4 that everyone used to use, if you had one equipped you've got a Mk5 (which used to be a shitty downgrade, not sure how it compares to the rest now) instead.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you load your existing save, all your perks are reset and your cyberware technically isn't installed properly until you visit a ripperdoc (Vic will call you with a quest to visit). You get 1 free attribute reset also. Any removed items will be flat out gone from your inventory. All the legendary/uniques will be legendary tier5 by default if you're max level. If you horded upgrade components, it is fairly cheap to convert them to legendary ones. You can upgrade any t5 legendary to t5+, which usually buffs it. Be careful though, some "upgrades" actually nerf some stats in exchange for others and some of the upgrades are hardly worth it. They also got rid of some of the attribute requirements. Like Panam's sniper rifle doesn't have that body requirement to fully use now, for example. Some weapons or cyberware do scale bonuses with certain attributes, though.

They changed a shitload, so if you haven't played in a long time it will feel pretty newish in how the game plays
Okay, thank you, it's looking like a full rehauling of the system. very interesting

Cybsled

Cyberware also replaces the old armor mods you used to get from clothing, so investing in the tech tree early is a solid idea since it will boost your stats and survivability.

Otherwise it really comes down to what you wanna do. Melee is really powerful in 2.0, so if you go that route, you want to decide if you want to use blunt weapons (fists/gorilla arms/stuff like bats or hammers) or blades (katanas/knives). Blunt is Body attribute, Blades is reflex attribute. Both pair well with tech if you go the Cyberware tree. Body has a regen tree and a blunt weapon tree which is good for juggernaut type builds, reflexes has a dash tree and a blade tree for high mobility. If you do decide to go melee, then the intelligence tree isn't very useful since you won't be slotting a hacking deck (you'll probably be using a berzerker or sandevstan implant instead) and as a result you really can't use quickhacks and the int tree is almost entirely quickhack related. I mean you could go forgo the zerker/sande, but you'll be losing out on your full melee potential if you decided to do a melee + netrunner hybrid build

Keep in mind while you get infinite respec for perks, attributes you only get 1 respec per run and perks get locked behind how much in a given attribute you have. So you really do need to plan ahead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's so many attribute points now that most builds are going to be fairly no-brainer to plan. If you're using sandevistan (ranged) or berserk (melee) then dump int to 3 and you can have three 20s and a 15. If you want a ranged build with a deck instead of sandy, you can dump cool. Shouldn't be too hard to decide which stat stays at 15 based on what type of weapon you use.

Full netrunner is the only build that really has any hard choices to make. You can just go 20 int and 15 in everything else to make it simple, or if you really want the rank 20 perk in another stat (or two) then you've got to drop something else to 9. It's tempting to drop body to 4, but then I remember how annoying it is when you don't have the strength to steal cars, force open doors, etc. Perk-wise, 9 body is fairly useless and if you go above 4 you're going to want to go all the way to 15. I'm leaning towards dumping body to 4, giving up monowire for gorilla arms to get around most body checks, and then it's either 6/15/20/20/20 (smart pistols and snipers) or 6/20/20/20/15 (smart ARs and SMGs). Not really any point in deciding before we see what new guns are added in Dogtown.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I might replay this now. I enjoyed it for sure at release but never returned to it after the MSQ. When is the DLC taking place? before or after the ending?

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Got like 70 hours on my playthrough really debating if I want to restart or not. Build still works fine, 20 tech/int and rest into body. Quickhack and punch people to death.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They want you to replay the main game then start the DLC?

I'll see when I can find time for this.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The wife and I just binge watched the entire Cyberpunk Edgerunners show last night, was fucking great, but also god damn. Never wanted a show to pull some cheesy holiday level "but actually" bullshit just to keep the ride going a little longer more in my entire life.

Cybsled

You can start as a leveled up new character, skipping the original story I believe.

I think they mentioned if you use the new game "skip to DLC" feature, you end up just past the part where you get the robot for the Relic heist.

Although that does have me wondering - considering there are some choices you're forced to make during that part, I wonder what choices the game automatically makes for you in terms of Miltech and the Maelstrom crew.

• 1Like