Cyberpunk 2077

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Its weird starting over again with all the changes to the systems and such. I still hate Jackie though.
I used to play a lot of video games with this guy who looked and talked so much like Jackie. Super weird.

But yeah, they really needed to hire an American director or something. The stilted dialogue and VA is very offputting at times.

But I love the patch. There's so much less fucking around with inventory and the AI and moment-to-moment gunplay is just better. It feels like going from ME1 to ME2 in terms of basic gameplay, even if a lot of the dialogue still sucks.

I may actually be able to get through the story this time.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't even remember there being any inventory issues in this game at release. Compared to Witcher 3 it was nothing. What little there was (weapon mods and consumables) is still the same now. Just have to not pick that shit up and then you don't need to deal with it. I will say that money is VASTLY easier to come by now though. I had enough to pay off Vik after doing like 2 gigs before going near the main story missions. I think it's somewhat offset by how much more you end up spending on cyberware now, but I'm pretty sure they overcorrected by a lot in spite of that. Plus before there was actually stuff to save up for to use to be OP at the start, like getting a legendary deck before the heist. Now all that shit's level gated and even if you have a pile of eddies there's nothing to spend them on. I guess the biggest effect will be that it'll be really easy to afford all the cars in 2.0.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some of the writing is so cheesy in this game but I can see myself having loved it i my late teens. It’s actually kind of cute in a way because this is a great demonstration of what naive Eastern Europeans consider to be ‘hip’ American culture and diversity (ie guys like Jackie). If there was any attempt at realism going on then Jackie would be day gigging as a roof repairman and painter
There is a lot of diversity tropes but it's fine because it's appropriate for the setting and they accidentally undercut them by having no clue why Americans do this.

Like Jackie is the gentle "Soulful Saint" model minority to make white people not be scared of Mexicans, but they make him a criminal and kill him off immediatly.

Characters like female V, Judy and Panem are implausible strong women to normalise women doing things, but they all have fucked up lives from the dystopia which gives them the character struggle to earn being good at doing things.

They put loads of black people into the game which is unusual for cyberpunk settings (lots of east asians) but typical for modern America, but they are voodo hatians, have gang names like "Animals" and their part of the city is a South African no electricity dystopia.

I did the Nomad start and end on my first playthrough and it seems like the closest thing to a "good" playthrough, but they made the Nomads all white lol.

By the way... the Street start seems pretty shitty compared to the more epic Nomad one?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Is there a collective amnesia around the fact that all these factions are taken directly from Mike Pondsmith's (a middle-aged black American) tabletop fantasy? Despite whatever his personal politics are, if you listen to him talk about the material, he's pretty fast and loose with the race-based social and religious tropes that are dialed up to 11 in Cyberpunk. It's not like a room full of effeminite tea-sipping Sweeds came up with all of these concepts on their own.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

By the way... the Street start seems pretty shitty compared to the more epic Nomad one?
Nomad gets you the tuned Arch from Jackie (if you have 6 tech before the All Foods mission and choose the right dialog), which contrary to popular belief is only a cosmetic change. Might sound a little different too, I can't remember. You get quite a few extra (better) dialog options with Panam and co. later on. Oh, and you get your shitbox car back too, and it's been fixed up. Pre-2.0 it wasn't the fastest car by any means, but it's decent and actually handles much better than most. I drive a GTI though, so I may be a bit biased towards the whole 'hot hatch' thing in games too.

Corpo gets you a quest later on with an iconic weapon. Doubt it matters anymore, it should be sold on the new vendor. Plus it was just a power pistol anyway, nothing special. Intro is alright, but I always thought it felt rushed.

Street is just meh all around. Nothing interesting in either the intro or the quest later on.

After playing them all, I start every new character as Nomad.
but they are voodo hatians, have gang names like "Animals"
Animals are the juicer faction and are mostly white dudes (and "IT'S MA'AM" looking women). Voodoo Boys weren't actually Haitians in the original Cyberpunk 2020, that's one thing that did change, though from what I read it was Pondsmith himself who made that change.

Overall, besides the tranny character and the retarded flag sticker I think pretty much everything in cyberpunk fits the setting without feeling like it's CURRENT_YEAR politics being crammed into it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok, so if I download and install this (2.0) - will the expansion change a bunch of shit and I might as well restart again? Or will it just allow different progression?

Cybsled

The expansion itself runs concurrently with the main story in the base game - if you start a new run with the DLC, then it changes the main story and the endings you can get apparently.

You can run the DLC story with a "already did everything" save, but supposedly that will lock you out of a bunch of stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ok, so if I download and install this (2.0) - will the expansion change a bunch of shit and I might as well restart again? Or will it just allow different progression?
The main reason I am waiting for the expansion to drop is there is apparently stuff missing from loot tables. There is apparently a little more that isn't unlocked yet.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The expansion itself runs concurrently with the main story in the base game - if you start a new run with the DLC, then it changes the main story and the endings you can get apparently.

You can run the DLC story with a "already did everything" save, but supposedly that will lock you out of a bunch of stuff
Where did you see that? From what I've read, doing the DLC early (ie on a new playthrough) is what actually locks you out of stuff if you haven't completed all the companion quests. If you're using a late-game/done everything save, the only change is that you gain an optional ending by completing it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I thought they released 2.0 early so people would have some time to level a new 2.0 character ahead of the DLC. I know a lot of streamers have been doing just that.

Cybsled

Where did you see that? From what I've read, doing the DLC early (ie on a new playthrough) is what actually locks you out of stuff if you haven't completed all the companion quests. If you're using a late-game/done everything save, the only change is that you gain an optional ending by completing it.

I thought that was what CDPR was indicating, unless I misread it

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This is the best review I've found of the DLC.

TLDW: The DLC picks up AFTER the Voodoo Boys quest line. So you can a lot or a little in Act 2 to get to the DLC. If you want to romance any Main Line NPCs, do it before you finish the DLC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Found this a bit wtf.

30% of people never made it past act 1;

1695591431760.png

36% of people beat the game;

1695591458262.png

Dunno why anyone liked her, shes fucks everything up then runs away.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just a little thing, are there new ads?

Seemed like before the patch it was the same few everywhere including right next to each other multiple times which did break immersion a little.

Now it seems much more varied, I've only seen tranny dick cola once or twice for example.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just a little thing, are there new ads?

Seemed like before the patch it was the same few everywhere including right next to each other multiple times which did break immersion a little.

Now it seems much more varied, I've only seen tranny dick cola once or twice for example.

All I know is I swear I hear loud moaning at the most awkward times, especially when talking to an NPC, from whatever commercial is on the TV/screen they are watching.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mods or cheatcodes potentially, since that disabled achievements.

Only ending where Judy doesn't run off is if you do the Panam/Nomad ending and romanced her prior to then.
She can't run away if you don't do her quest!

• 1Like

Vorph

For anyone else who went with Series X for this, the New Zealand trick should work in a few hours. Console launch is midnight local time everywhere, so that's 7AM EDT, etc.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The wife and I just binge watched the entire Cyberpunk Edgerunners show last night, was fucking great, but also god damn. Never wanted a show to pull some cheesy holiday level "but actually" bullshit just to keep the ride going a little longer more in my entire life.

It waq a fun watch for sure but the main character only makes retarded decissions.