Dad from 7th Heaven confesses to child molestation

Szlia

Secretly recording to gather evidence of a violent crime is apparently legal in California, but secretly recording a therapy session? That's pretty fucked up.

iannis

Musty Nester
I thought it was the shrink herself that was recording her own sessions. And of course she's ethically bound to report criminal behaviors. But... secret recordings? Ehhh... if she still has patients after doing that. Well. Maybe she does. It's not the reporting. It's the breach of trust in recording. But, if semi-working washed up actors trust her... more power to her.

If not, the wife is a gold digging fucking idiot. Because while he'll get burned badly for letting a little girl touch his peepee, she'll get burned hard for pulling that bullshit. It's not like people will get so enraged at him that they'll forget she committed a crime as well. Although that might be what she expects to happen.

But I thought it was a situation where the shrink reported him to the police and the wife jumped on it saying, "look, he diddles kids. Gimme his stuff". Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yep. the shrink would have released the tapes immediately, to the cops, not to fucking TMZ. the wife recorded the "confession" and sat on it for 2 years then released them either for extortion and/or to win the divorce case. bitch is just as guilty as he apparently is.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, that's bad then. All she did was make it harder to hire him. If he'd confessed to actually doing anything that was obviously criminal (i'm not listening to some dude talk about having sex with 8 year olds, man) then his shrink would have dealt with that when it happened.

The shrink might come after her. Because not only is she burning her husband, she's burning that doctors practice. I don't know how. There's got to be something. We have so many stupid laws that just by odds we'll have a couple of decent ones too.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I did listen to it, he straight up admits to molesting kids in a very dry, emotionless manner. I don't think this was part of some counseling, more like the therapist was serving as an arbiter during their divorce and specifically addressing things that were written down as a part of that process. The wife sounds shocked, like she is just learning of this stuff and trying to process it The wife claims she didn't leak the tapes, there is no telling what happened. But even if she did sit on it, no, she is not just as guilty as the dude who molested kids.

iannis

Musty Nester
I didn't say it does, man. They can both be guilty of different things.

Either the wife fucked up or someone in that arbitration did.

HEADS WILL ROLL.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
rrr_img_78362.jpg

Szlia

Is a shrink really supposed to report it if a patient confesses to a crime during a session? I thought it would fall under the patient-doctor confidentiality thing.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Is a shrink really supposed to report it if a patient confesses to a crime during a session? I thought it would fall under the patient-doctor confidentiality thing.
They are only required to report it if someone is in imminent danger. Patient says he will kill himself or someone else, etc. Otherwise dr/patient confidentiality applies. Doc can get his license yanked if he runs afoul of that, and opens himself up for lawsuits.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
You aremandatedto report child abuse.
Even if it's no longer happening? I understand if they think children are in danger, if it's still happening or they believe the person is likely to repeat the offense, but is it still mandated to report something like that if it happened years ago? Same thing for other major crimes...if someone admitted to murder or a bank robbery in a therapy session decades after the crime took place, what's expected of the therapist?

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that's the thing.

If someone admits to murder the therapist has to report that. There's no statute of limitations on that, legal or ethical. The crime is still actionable. If a 40 year old man admits to beating up a queer in high school... that one, you let that one slide.

Is this confession actionable? Is it a confession? If so, the doctor is in some shit. And how could the doctor possibly know if it's actionable or not without reporting it? The doctor has to say it wasn't a confession. And usually that's the end of it. But... secret recording. Problem.

So is the wife a whistle blower, or is she a gold digging cunt?

Because of the nature of what he's confessing to that is a very, very ugly question to answer.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Child abuse/neglect has to be reported to authorities but only if it's current. If some one admits to abusing their kids 30 years so, that's not current. Is someone admits to abusing their kids 3 months ago? Yeah, that's current. Must report.

That goes for murder as well, BTW as well. Crimes need to be current, or imminent.

iannis

Musty Nester
That might legally be true, it might be I'm not arguing the point, but with a taped confession of what some would consider child molestation you've still got a significant problem.

And I would like to think that a doctor hearing the confession of a 30 year old murder wouldn't dodge the ethical ramifications of that knowledge just because "it's sort of a hassle."

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is not "sort of a hassle" its a federal regulation. And the ethical ramifications are not the ones you are thinking of. The ethical ramifications at that point are getting the client to admit to it to the police. If YOU tell them for him at that point, you've ruined your credibility, probably lost your license, and endangered the entire healing process for the guy. 30 years later, and with no danger of him repeating the crime... The counselor is legally obligated to NOT tell anyone. And those laws are created by the board of ETHICS.