Daft Punk

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
HOLY SHIT
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...ew-album.jhtml

It's been almost 8 years since we got a new studio album from electronic dance icons Daft Punk. But that long spell will reportedly end in the spring, when French duo Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo drop their fourth studio album on their new label, Columbia Records.

Details are sketchy at this point about the disc, but Chic co-founder Nile Rodgers has recently said the album is imminent. A number of others are also reportedly contributing to the project, including Animal Collective's Panda Bear, disco icon Giorgio Moroder and Chilly Gonzales. A spokesperson for Columbia deferred requests for comment to the pair's independent publicist, who could not be reached for comment at press time.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really hope they tour, but it doesn't sound like they intend too.

It's Official: Daft Punk Confirm 4th Album

While we'll be hearing new music soon enough, all signs point to 'no' for the duo to hit the live circuit this year. BBC Radio 1 DJ Rob Da Bank said as much to eFestivals earlier this year: "There's all kinds of crazy rumours flying about at the moment about Daft Punk at Coachella, and The Rolling Stones playing Glastonbury. We got told months ago that Daft Punk were definitely not touring next year, but it keeps the rumor mill going."
frown.png

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
They probably wont tour right away because when they tour they do it big. Think about how much work must have went into mashing up/remixing all their songs for alive 2007. They don't just go out there and press play like every other touring DJ. I'm sure they will eventually tour with the new music when they can come up with an epic set.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
never has 15 seconds of music excited me more

IT EVEN SOUNDS GOOOOOOD

Orcus_sl

shitlord
Caught this on SNL last night. My soul is starving for this album now. I've listened to that clip probably 20 times already lol. When I think back on the last 15 years Daft Punk is pretty much always in the rotation. So much mileage out of their fantastic albums.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Listen a bit to S?bastien Tellier while you wait - Daft Punk produced his album 'Sexuality'.

Here is one of the better songs from the album - 'look' - enjoy
smile.png