DAOC: Origins - New Server

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Keltoi!
rrr_img_57241.jpg

They said they gave advance warning, seems a little short notice to go 2 hours after or something but i woudlnt mind. I have a level 50 and wouldnt care if theyd cap every toon at 20, nerf the xp, and start from there. Dont want an uthgard grind but it kinda felt like i did when i got powerleveld a lvl80 rogue on a WoW emu and had so many skils i didnt know what to do with after grinding was done.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I'll see how the server feels after the change. I did some soloing on my cabby last night and it was fucking awful. If 8 mans are not plentiful I'll just cut my losses on this one. I have done the DAoC grind legit far to many times to stomach doing it again on a emu server.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Hibs got a pretty big leveling lead thanks to fins :/
Yeah. Animists + fins have let Hibs steam roll the server for keeps/relics. Albs/Mids would of caught up in a few days, but this might kill morale. Grouping is really fast exp, but no where near as easy as getting a large amount of people RvR ready like the zergs.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno the the 8 mans can kill pretty fast(will be geared compared to the zergs) and its the same amount per kill as a zerg, but without having to try to tap every mob or compete with the AE groups. The one 50s I saw last night were just 8 manning , they didn't go near the zergs.

I'd the say some of the main postives from zergs was gear didnt matter, most people were in level 1-15 gear(@35+) including weapons, levels didn't matter and maybe kill speed(if you can get a tap on every mob).

I loved 2 group group BGs, but when it got into 50+ ppl, it was just no more fun. Don't mind going back to just 8 man groups and it will still be relatively fast.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Yeah, was looking forward to playing, but the disparity between the folks that got in before the nerf and after is going to be rough, especially us folks who are just starting out (I assume at least).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't even seen a scout yet. Infils plenty, but scouts seem super rare.

Yeah, was looking forward to playing, but the disparity between the folks that got in before the nerf and after is going to be rough, especially us folks who are just starting out (I assume at least).
I think its still going to be fast, with level appropriate 8 mans. Main difference is you cant be some level 15 with no gear and in Penn doing Ellys or Lyon doing Pygmys because you are in a giant zerg and your group just needs to do 1 damage to each mob to get full exp.

You'll also be geared and with money by 50, instead of like most people who are hitting 50 with like 1g and still wearing level 10-15 armor and weapons.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yeah pretty much heh. I imagine scouts, and infs right now are not very happy.
Yea.. i mean it kind of sucks, but as a guild its super easy to set up PL teams and run peoples toons up. A cabby + a cleric can PL a group pretty easy and quickly.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll do a sorc, should get 50 on my minstrel today, even if they do away with zerg.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yea just hit 50 on pally. Was thinking cabby as an alt myself, but may do theurg or something