DAOC: Origins - New Server

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Woo, made it to 16 then just ran into a slew of cunts in group. Put a pretty bad taste in my mouth. People are pretty uptight about everything being maximized here I guess

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Well I registered about 4 hours ago and have not received my activation email yet. Sounds like they are busy though so I'll be patient until this evening!

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
Really fun so far, the whiny ass euros are going to quit soon tho id bet. They have such a lame passive playstyle, they are all up in arms about other peoples levels etc...noone played daoc for the fucking pve, not real sure why so many of them are having fits over people being high level so fast.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Really fun so far, the whiny ass euros are going to quit soon tho id bet. They have such a lame passive playstyle, they are all up in arms about other peoples levels etc...noone played daoc for the fucking pve, not real sure why so many of them are having fits over people being high level so fast.
The best is this "review" on their forums. How do you review Daoc without doing level 50 rvr haha.

The idea of this Server is very good and i was so happy yesterday when it started. After one day of playing i have to say there is a lot to fix if this Server wants to survive longer then a year!
The leveling is boring, doesnt matter which way you go. Group up and xp-zerg to 50 in less than 2 days, or play with a friend (this was my way) as a duo or trio and get bored of the downgraded Mobs (we reached Level 17). Mobs dont add anymore (BAF), they dont use styles or magic or anything. All they do is autohit, its so extreme boring! Just a broken gameplay.

Also the BGs are dead because of the XP-Zergs (reason is the high XP in groups). So this is also broken!

The only thing you can do is grind up to 50 in less then 4 days and after that go RvR. But this is not even close to a classic Server!

I hope this are just some bugs to get fixed, if not im off from this server, and im sure im not the only one.

Cya laters

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Says wrong login/password. I assume with the server getting hammered by so many people they are slowing the incoming registrations a bit. No biggy.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Says wrong login/password. I assume with the server getting hammered by so many people they are slowing the incoming registrations a bit. No biggy.
Says that when logging into the game or forum?

You need to log into the forum to create a game account

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I fixed my FPS problem! Attention other people with AMD cards who were having graphical problems:

Downgrade to AMD 13.4 drivers. DAOC is running absolutely fluid for me now.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
The forums. I registered over 4 hours ago and it said I'd be getting a email from them. Nothing yet. Even clicked on resend.

I'm not concerned. If I get nothing tonight I'll email them directly later.

Edit: It is just buggy. I tried to login again and said wrong username. Tried again and it worked fine without changing anything heh.

Tolin_sl

shitlord
So just to be clear here...

I can nuke shit other people are fighting and get exp for it, and it doesn't take anything from them?
I believe you need to be in a battle group (not positive) but yes, everyone gets full xp. You also get additional bonus xp the more people in your group. If you join the xp Zerg, just make sure you tag every mob that's being killed.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/gamefunctions.php on line 370: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '62.210.172.81' (4)
GAME SERVER IS OFFLINE: Can't connect to MySQL server on '62.210.172.81' (4)
Yeah great, every time I try

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
I believe you need to be in a battle group (not positive) but yes, everyone gets full xp. You also get additional bonus xp the more people in your group. If you join the xp Zerg, just make sure you tag every mob that's being killed.
You don't need to be in a battlegroup, I've been leaching for the past few hours outside of the battlegroup because I've been too lazy to join.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Well dinged 50, got my epic gear, ran Trollheim for some weapon, jewelry, and accessories.

Ran into Hibbie land and racked up a shit ton of RPS from those that were PL'ing.
smile.png

The epic gear quest is only 1 stage now. Basically kill a level 60+ mob and that's it. Super easy with a group or 3-4 people. Tons of fun! Can't wait for more Albs and Hibs to play in the Frontier!