DAOC: Origins - New Server

Messing around with uthgard, still conflicted about what to roll. Been told in game that bonedancers and spiritmaster are good at pvp as well as soloing. XD

Just dont wanna make a bad choice where ill get left out of either pvp or pve groups

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Haha, I was in one of the top gank squads on all three realms on Galahad as well as the PvE leader of the realm. Played from beginning all the way up to New Frontiers. Darkness Falls are blah.

In regards to BM and SM, they are good at PvE. SMs are much better at PvP (well, later on they are).

Haha, I was in one of the top gank squads on all three realms on Galahad as well as the PvE leader of the realm. Played from beginning all the way up to New Frontiers. Darkness Falls are blah.

In regards to BM and SM, they are good at PvE. SMs are much better at PvP (well, later on they are).
K now im hesitating between SM, war and beserker lol

Read that war with +15 str hits hard, but when i check stats at creation, theres 0 in pool, so u need to retract or its something u do later on

Thx for the tips all btw

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Berserkers are better when they become bears (similar to Blademaster's deer mode). But, those modes are not vanilla and I think they're actually a little before Atlantis or even during. Warrior won't be doing much in PvP if that's what you're hoping to do.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
K now im hesitating between SM, war and beserker lol

Read that war with +15 str hits hard, but when i check stats at creation, theres 0 in pool, so u need to retract or its something u do later on

Thx for the tips all btw
the +15 is from one of the races i am sure.

Any tips for SM speccing? I think thats what ill be rolling now, tried a bit of classes on uthgard. If i remember correctly DAOC is kind of a pain in the ass for classes because u need to choose specs and cant put em on the backburner for after youve learned the game

ill go scout for tips on uth forums as well

Are there sound mods for that game? Old graphics are allrite but damn those Yarz revenge sounds

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I'm wondering if they're going to simplify the PvE endgame. People bitch about ToA, but SI endgame PvE items are also pretty gamebreaking, especially if you use them in ways they're not intended. The Albion cleric chestpiece has a ~1200 HP HoT heal reactive proc, which is more than half your HP total. It's not so bad if you equip it on a cleric, but put it on a melee class and it's a problem. Without buff bots it's almost impossible to actually kill someone wearing one of these 1v1 as a melee class.

It's hard to say what class to pick without knowing exactly what version they're using. But if they're using Old Frontiers RAs and the state of the game just before ToA release, play a Paladin. Get ACTool to twist your chants perfectly, you have super-easy leveling and you'll be bonkers overpowered in PvP. If nobody has buff bots and you can get a Sidi chest you can pretty easily 1v4 groups of stealthers.

Also, if you're going to play any kind of caster: Pick the race with the highest starting Dexterity and put ALL your additional creation points into Dexterity. Cast time in DAoC is based on Dexterity and spells in DAoC have breakpoints where being above X amount of Dexterity makes them cast like 25% faster, doing this is the difference between 1.5 and 2 second cast time spells when fully buffed.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah? Hmmm. I would think they might be bad in PvE due to lack of healing. Hopefully they give XP bonuses or something to help PvE on this server, so you can get to the good stuff.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Armsman were pretty bad, right? I always wanted to swing a bigass polearm.
Compared to Paladins in Old Frontiers? Yeah they're complete shit. Both classes don't do much of anything on keep sieges, but that's true of all melee classes.

I'm not sure if the celerity line of buffs and chants are implemented yet at whatever historical point this server is starting at, but if it is.....just play a Paladin and dominate everything. The way DAoC's melee system works, celerity will double your DPS. Midgard's celerity is on the Healer and is a concentration buff, which means if buff bots are banned you will never face it unless you're up against a well-organized 8-man group that actually can spare a spot for a full enhancement-specced Healer.

I had so much fun with this in old-school DAoC, the Celerity chant as a Paladin lets you equip a 6 second delay two-hander and haste it all the way down to the speed cap of 1.5 seconds. With a hybrid shield/2-hand spec, that lets you hit them with Slam, (9 second stun) swap in the two-hander, and get 5 free hits on them. This will outright kill the vast majority of classes in the game. Paladins also get three insta-full heals from OF RAs, one of which full-heals the entire group as well.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Thought you were talking about PvP, lol. They're DPS, so they are OK in PvE. Polearms are slow but deal massive damage.

Found this on origins forums

"old ra?s, old frontiers, classik+si zones and classes, and the rvr patchdate is 1.62, so a bit lesser than uthgard, but much more friendly in pve, everything new which could influence the ??old rvr?? wont be implemented.
but the gms are very patient to ideas of the community."

and

"we got a kind of NF guards like healers stealthers a.s.o. but in the old frontiers.
but every keep got a sense, since we have a working relic keep system where every keep owned spawns additional ??superguards?? at the relic which makes it really interresting."

Not sure what it means exactly but sounds like important info

Played both Healer and Spiritmaster to high RR level back in the day. Both were in-demand in both PVP and PVE. Spiritmaster solos well with pet, great for AOE groups which are very fast XP/loot. Healers are OP with spread heals, aoe mez, aoe stun. If you want everyone begging you to be in their group though, roll a Healer.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So it appears the server is up (I used DAOCPortal to get in). Am I rolling mid or alb?

Duppin_sl

shitlord
It seems like a lot of people here are rolling mid, but eh. I never liked it there. Too dark and it tends to be where the people who consider themselves "leet peeveepeeers" go. If I try this out, it'll probably be on Alb.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Looks like all the classes are in too btw. Noticed heritic/warlock/valk etc.. which were post TOA.