DAOC: Origins - New Server

Where do you guesstimate that mid will be overpop? Only hint i see is forum post count from each realm and alb is top, then that other one, then mid

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
If it's literally classic version, then it will be Albion and then Midgard. Hibernia was always the red-headed stepchild. Sorcerers were OP in the beginning and would do a rape train of about a hundred enemies. Then came Midgard with the chain stun from Healers.

However, if those had been patched, then it should be a little more even.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Actually healers were OP in the beginning and sorcs were shitty and one of the least played classes on albion. The least played class was probably piercing mercs which i happened to play ;0. Anyway i hope for the sake of all of you exp gain is not the nightmare it was when the game started. I was one of the first to hit 50 on lancelot and i remember sitting in wights 12 hours a day for 4-5 bubbles a day from 41 to 50. This was before barrows was even itemized and when my sole duty was to shoot shit with a short bow to pull since mercs sucked a massive dick.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Sorcerers were OP because they could chain mesmerize without any diminishing returns. Same with healers.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Healers were much more OP. They had stun as well as mez. Sorcs received a buff before they became popular if i remember correctly. I do remember that, 100%, no one played sorcs on Lancelot at launch.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Iirc Sorcs were weak because they lacked instant casts that the other side had and were in cloth. Later on they extended the range of their mez as a little welfare.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah thats right. I dont think sorcs came to real power until the pvp abilities were introduces and they could insta their mez and/or not be interrupted when casting it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Healers were OP but sorcerers were stronger in that they could nuke as well. This is coming from someone who played Hibernia in the beginning and had to deal with both sides, lol. Healers were more annoying though because they had base AE stuns.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Are people able to log in and make characters? I have everything installed/patched and I keep getting kicked with a sliver left on the log in splash screen.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played a wizard on merlin. Joined andred and went paci healer with my guild. After they quit rolled a sorc and they were by far the most op class on that server. Aoe mez. A deubuff for your main nuke. And a speed buff. You could take out whole groups.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Healers were OP but sorcerers were stronger in that they could nuke as well. This is coming from someone who played Hibernia in the beginning and had to deal with both sides, lol. Healers were more annoying though because they had base AE stuns.
I don't remember being scared of Sorcs at all. IIRC they had a cast time to their Mez and were very susceptible to getting instant stunned and instant mezzed right after and didn't have much of a chance to cast shit when everyone was roaming at speed 6 or whatever it was. Didn't leave much time to get anything off cast wise. Their nukes weren't all that great either at least compared to PBAOE groups and other much more efficient means to destroy unmoving enemies.

Albion got the short end of the CC stick big time.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Once they buffed them, a well played Sorcerer could actually take down a good group, and it did happen sometimes on Percival where I played. It was always amusing watching a Ranger or Shadowblade try to take a well played Sorcerer down.

However, they were generally a speed bump to a Skald, 2 Zerks, Shaman, and Healer. Midgard groups were the easiest to synergize and gank with, by far. It's why most of us assume Midgard will be the most popular realm for older players.

The first two months my Champion was death. Then they nerfed the debuff and Champs pretty much sucked thereafter. Same scoop for Druids, who had their pets nerfed to nothingness in the first 60 days.

Mythics class balancing was really awful pretty much throughout the games life. I'm curious how things will look on this server and how classes will play. I haven't fired up DAOC since Andred.

Are people able to log in and make characters? I have everything installed/patched and I keep getting kicked with a sliver left on the log in splash screen.
Theyre working on fixing their launcher, but say that you can log in using the dawn of light portal (the little prog you start uthgard with)

I copied the folder i installed not to fuck with it, used DoL on it and im getting the same thing you are, loading screen to 95% then nothing

Achtung

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Am looking forward to giving this a shot. Never played DAOC the first time around, as I was in an every-night Eq raiding guild, but I hear nothing but happy nostalgia stories from people.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Am looking forward to giving this a shot. Never played DAOC the first time around, as I was in an every-night Eq raiding guild, but I hear nothing but happy nostalgia stories from people.
Just do yourself a favor and try to get in with a guild/group quickly. The happy nostalgia stories are almost always RvR related. 1-50 can be PAINFUL if you try to do it solo. Even good solo classes are very slow. Speed isn't really the issue either, the pve is pretty bland. One big exception being Darkness Falls which is still one of the best dungeons ever made.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I guess I was one of the few that really hated Darkness Falls. I found the PvE to be pretty bad, lol. Though, ganking people when they were exping was always fun.