DAOC: Origins - New Server

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
Published 10 January 2014 | By Cody

The news you've been waiting for: Beta ends on January 14. The server goes live on January 16 @ 18:00 CET!
That's 17:00 British time, Noon in North American Eastern time, 11 AM CST, 10 AM MST and 9 AM Pacific time (PST).
To determine your local time when it's 18:00 in Paris (CET) use this Time Zone Converter:Time Zone Converter - Time Difference Calculator

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'm really not sure I'm into playing this. Base exp and PVE in Vanilla SI are really a huge disappointment. Also, the best part of DAOC is group vs group combat. Back in 2001 I played with the same people I played EQ with and we rocked. Most of them don't even game anymore, or are even more casual than I am.

I did like reading this on their forums:

The XP rate here is already faster than Uthgard, we will have SI zones, old RA's, and classes like the Necromancer and BoneDancer that Uthgard lacks. I think Origins can keep a healthy population as Uthgard. We'll see anyway!
So, anyone else besides Hatorade and I playing? Anyone interested in setting up some groups and maybe exping our way into a nice gank squad?

Im probably gonna roll a spiritmaster for some solo capability during off hours and i think feedback is that its a solid pvp class? Probably have 10+ people in this thread interested in playing

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'd prefer to do Albion. They have more interesting classes and better PVE. I'd like to play a Sorcerer. I'm assuming a majority of people will play Midgard, but if that's not the case I'd be interested in playing a Savage there.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Albion was always my preference. It struck a nice balance between the dark and brooding Midgard and the bright cheerfulness of Hibernia. Plus, you know, Friars.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
Will probably be playing a paladin/Alb, never played Daoc live but had a bit of fun messing around during this beta period and not playing anything else atm.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
I'll end up downloading and playing, but very sporadically (as I have the PoE bug still). Between work, commute, kid, wife, how the fuck do people play games when they get older? Party's fucking ovaahhh.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'll end up downloading and playing, but very sporadically (as I have the PoE bug still). Between work, commute, kid, wife, how the fuck do people play games when they get older? Party's fucking ovaahhh.
I sacrifice sleep all week sleep in on sat morning and repeat.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Someone on their forums made a pretty legit post about the ideal Alb setup -

That did happen with some groups I will admit but not all the time. Alb groups specifically would avoid until big RAs but they are also the ones with the strongest RAs. I know most people think Mid's are the strongest but this patch was the patch that mercs got buffed and they were extremely good. Only problem is it took some groups a bit longer to adapt them because they were crap for so long before then. I'd say a good alb group on origins will consist of atleast 2 mercs, with probably arms, 2 clerics, sorc, minstrel and the last spot would either be another merc or paladin.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the top alb group being 2 misntrels, 3 mercs, 1 arms, 2 clerics, and being one of the best setups on the server. With that setup you have all chain+, 2 bofs, 2 sos(the most op ra in the game) 3 mercs that do insane damage and have dirty tricks to shut down damage from the other side., and an arms for slam. You have 2 minstrels as your mezzers granted not as good as a sorc but still very capable. The thing this setup lacks is roots but with 3 mercs and an arms you dont really want a whole lot of roots so your snares are never on immunty. You have good interrupts with 2 minstrels and a ton of damage as well.

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah this was the time when the Alb melee assist train really tore shit up. My guild on Guin/Alb Black Company mainly ran a PBAoE ice wiz group but at this time I think all of us rerolled into some kind of melee with most being mercenary. We would run around solo as a merc with a round shield and 1 handed blunt to make us look like a cleric. When a stealther would try to jump you all you had to do was switch over to your over main weapons and shit on them.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Funny that mercs are good because that is what I was going to roll anyhow with the switch to Alb.