DAOC: Origins - New Server

Duppin_sl

shitlord
People ingame have said that a lot of Uthgard folks are planning on coming over, but not until after the launch. So I wouldn't put too much weight into the pop numbers you've seen, so far.

My concern is a lot more about bugs than it is about population. There's a LOT.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Not that I'd stick with it anyway, but at least two of us here (and some people on the forum) are having massive graphics lag despite having computers that way outclass the game. I can't figure it out.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not that I'd stick with it anyway, but at least two of us here (and some people on the forum) are having massive graphics lag despite having computers that way outclass the game. I can't figure it out.
Yep, chalk me up too. I fiddled around a bit last week, it took a whopping 2 hours and 15 minutes to hit level 5 as a Viking (which was literally 99% auto attacking since the base weapon skill adds a measly 1 damage to a 8-10 damage hit and endurance regens slow as fuck without sitting down) and the entire time the client was stuttering. At first I thought it was just loading an area, because it happened when I turned my character or moved around, but it never stopped. It was playable in PVE but annoying as shit; PVP would be unplayable.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I had that graphical tearing in the original DAOC with my NVIDIA card. I currently don't have any tearing with my 7970 at all. I'm curious if there's a specific issue, a la multi monitor, higher resolutions, etc.

I have had no graphical issues. I only played 2 hours but I did hit level 5 in that time. I was naked, though, and soloing so I'll take that with a grain of salt. It is a game that has grouping bonuses, and I'm hopeful BGs will speed things up.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
never played Alb but was thinking of going with a Friar as a lot of people told me they were fun. Anyone know where you should spend your points as a friar or have any templates?

Some parting tips plz before server launch

Ill play a merc, which race should i pick?

I remember level 5 being a headache on my sorc because i didnt know what to pick, any hints for that?

Last thing, should i mess with the stats or leave it as it is?

Thanks

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had forgotten until I got back in game, but are all melee attacks of the "on next hit" variety, a la Heroic Strike? I know a lot of classes mix in other skills (like Minstrels have instant Shouts) but I'm just curious about the primarily melee classes, like the stealth classes and Mercs and whatnot.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Some parting tips plz before server launch

Ill play a merc, which race should i pick?

I remember level 5 being a headache on my sorc because i didnt know what to pick, any hints for that?

Last thing, should i mess with the stats or leave it as it is?

Thanks
Highest dmg/str=half ogre or if you want to be a kilt wearing badass like me go highlander.

Volt

Molten Core Raider
Did they say the Half-Ogre/Frostalf/Shar races were going to be on this server? They were put in with the Trials of Atlantis expansion and this server was only vanilla + Shrouded Isles I thought?