Dark Alliance (Drizzt and co in Icewind Dale)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this was announced last night by way of the WORST TRAILER IN HISTORY... good lord...

that being said it's a spiritual successor to the baldur's gate dark alliance games that came out a while back on consoles... they were simple games, but i enjoyed the crap out of them... here's hoping they release some actual gameplay soon so we can see what it'll be like.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have a feeling it's going to be a Vermintide 2 knockoff, just from the "Slay together" comment. Some of the characters are direct arch-type matchups, be interesting to see.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

they did say it's going to be 3rd person instead of the isometric games of the past...

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure what I expected to see when you said "worst trailer in history", but whatever it was this trailer is 100 times worse than that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I guess Drizzt has down syndrome in this brave new world.

Coming from someone who absolutely loves Forgotten realms... How could you fuck up a trailer this badly?

I stand in awe.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
didn't the 'And co' all die of old age decades ago leaving Drizzt nobody to chill with except the ghost of Artemis?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That doesn’t really look like the baldurs gate pseudo diablo games I remember. I still have those and am planning on playing with my son in a year or two. They weren’t amazing games but my dad and I played through them together and had a good time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
didn't the 'And co' all die of old age decades ago leaving Drizzt nobody to chill with except the ghost of Artemis?

Why invent new meaningful characters when we can retcon anything and bank on those nostalgia bux?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Why invent new meaningful characters when we can retcon anything and bank on those nostalgia bux?
They literally all got res'd in the new series , pretty much the same except Regis is a bad ass.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If a game producer ok'd that trailer, bad bad sign, very bad

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I get what they were going for, but the execution was awful, and mindless hack and slash is not what d&d players are after. Even murder-hobos like at least some semblance of narrative.

• 1Like

j00t

I mean, I'd be COMPLETELY FINE with a hack and slash focused game... That's what the old games were... It's just that everything is wrong and terrible about the execution of that trailer. Who uses a GoPro for action scenes? Wtf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the game is like Dragon's Dogma, that would be pretty kick ass. Who are we kidding though? Good D&D games are few and far between. The god awful trailer gives me little hope it'll be a good game also.

It has always amazed me over the years with how great the D&D IP is that it hasn't really translated to great video games(yes, there are a few, but there should be a lot more). They should be raking in the money with video games.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
They literally all got res'd in the new series , pretty much the same except Regis is a bad ass.
Ugh. I admit I was into those books in high school. Then it became more of a guilty pleasure. Then not so much of a pleasure by the time I quit (1000 Orcs or somewhere along there). Now? Ugh.

• 3Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I guess Drizzt has down syndrome in this brave new world.

Coming from someone who absolutely loves Forgotten realms... How could you fuck up a trailer this badly?

I stand in awe.
U wot m8?

A6D9260F-E765-4D14-9AF6-10B36F4F869F.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ugh. I admit I was into those books in high school. Then it became more of a guilty pleasure. Then not so much of a pleasure by the time I quit (1000 Orcs or somewhere along there). Now? Ugh.
I mean they aren’t terrible books. They were some of the better fantasy at the time, but the genre has come a long long way since then. The problem was after the first like 9 books it became apparent that he was just going to keep pumping out books with the same characters with no true progression, putting them in essentially the same situation as every other past book.

I actually still really like the prequel books (I think? Don’t remember release order) about drizzt growing up and leaving menzobbqerren.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The ps2 games were amazing co op games. Even the champions of nitrate games that used the same engine were good fun.

• 3Like