Dark and Darker

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
1676220850212.png

My hard troll work paid off. Could've probably got even more for it but f it I'm not greedy.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I like this game but I'd like it more if it was just Diablo 2 with the same extraction mechanics. Heck, even Diablo 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's fun but there's definitely serious balance problems, like geared rangers existing in the solo dungeon lol.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bows nearly trivialize the goblin dungeon. Only required item for a fighter to do it. I love watching default barbs try to do it and just getting massacred by death beetles and archers though.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It's fun but there's definitely serious balance problems, like geared rangers existing in the solo dungeon lol.
Ya rangers are just dumb. Gods at literally both PvE and PvP. Infinite ammo = very dumb. Having to look down at the ground and manually disable their traps is unbelievably dumb. Some thing like this are just egregiously bad. Some other things are bit a trickier to balance due to the extremely high skill ceiling of the game so it can be pretty hard to tell if something is actually broken or if it's just a player diff. There's also an issue with gear. Like wizards are absolute trash without decent gear but with it and in the right hands they are broken.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I wonder if the arrow system remains as is. It feels really out of place given that all the various throwing weapons have such pathetic stack sizes and costs.

Something like a quiver of 20 arrows being a belt item feels like it will happen sooner or later to make them actually care about bow use and end the cancer shit like shooting through door slats etc. You'd have to let them start with a short sword or something though, but it'd made for a lot healthier gameplay in general for that class.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Me on my fighter and my friend on his barb were just running around as a duo fucking everyone up in the 3 person dungeon, with pretty modest gear, just bringing in a bunch of bandages and pots. So many people get themselves low or killed just fighting mobs. We even ended up in the lower dungeon and had no problem duoing it to completion.

Just having enough grey pots and bandages to outlast and not force yourself into bad situations is better than bringing in uber gear.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, people don't realize you get money to buy healing. That's it. Weapons are fine, but a suitable white weapon of the right base type costs like 7-16 gold and will last you. The real cost is the 3-6 pots, and 3-6 bandages and campfire each game, but if you have those and stay full hp you'll reliably extract and slay, especially in a team.

Solo is mostly RNG. Healing helps but when 2 fighters rush you and a ranger is lighting you up you're fucked. Period.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya and a little trick that you guys probably know with pots if you aren't piss poor is to take 1 of the good pots(or more if you're balling) because pots of different rarities stack so if you're in a sticky situation you pop them both and you heal pretty fast.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Prot potion before heading into pvp is also pretty key, even the cheap ones.

The combo of old-school pvp and new-school battle royale mechanics is just really well done here and I hope to see a lot of other similar dungeon extraction indie games, be they 1st person, 3rd person, isometric, pixel art, whatever.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Barbs feel so OP. I played Cleric for a full wipe, played Ranger last, and a little bit of this, but Rogue for the majority of this wipe.. but I just started a Barb since one of the guys we queue with only plays barb and pretty much bitches about the most minor things; a bit of a w key warrior with the expectation of smashing everyone face.

The amount of damage you dish out is devastating. I've been running this green bariche I found with a +2 dmg mod on it, and the default felling axe before that. I've already got a stack of blue gear for various classes, and some purples that we've just been robbing off people. Duo'ing w/ cleric into back to back 3's and 2's.. Its no wonder the high roller kill leader has 2x the amount of the next class lol. I just slap every person with my weapon, and peel when I need to; its literal cake compared to the others.

Cybsled

I’m guessing rolling with a pug as a noob is better than trying to run Goblin Caves? I just die quickly in my shitty default gear, either to NPCs or some geared player that one shots me

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I’m guessing rolling with a pug as a noob is better than trying to run Goblin Caves? I just die quickly in my shitty default gear, either to NPCs or some geared player that one shots me
I learned a lot from doing naked or nearly naked runs in Goblin Caves, but yeah, pugging is probably better.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw go solo in goblin caves. Learn how to fight the goblins/skeletons as a solo in your trash gear - every class can kill infinite goblins without taking a hit once you get used to their attack range and dancing in/out of it. Just pick up everything you can find and try and take the first portal that pops up if you're lucky enough for it to spawn near you. If you're hurt from PVE you should mostly always chose to run from other players as the odds of you winning any fight 1v1 while you're at 50% health or whatever are very bad.

Once you're confident in killing the basic mobs you'll start living long enough to extract a couple of times based purely on just never encountering other players sometimes. Once you get a bit of money always run with boots if your class doesn't start with them - you can get grey/white boots from the leather merchant for ~5 gold and the movespeed is the best stat you have access to.

Once you've got a few more extracts under your belt you generally want to be buying white weapons from the vendors for each run, as the damage upgrade on them over your starter is pretty huge for their cost, and will give you an actual fighting chance against other players. Once you're buying a white weapon and have a couple hundred gold saved up then you start buying potions/bandages and your survival chances will go through the roof.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You do the goblin caves to level up then go to the 3 man dungeon, it's just simply much better honestly. There just isn't enough portals in the goblin dungeon and the poison from the mobs is just ridiculous and it only takes getting hit a single time to completely fuck you. That and the loot isn't as good as the 3 man honestly.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Cleared out hell half a dozen times with a pug group. Loot is insane down there lol, every damn enemy drops blue or better stuff.

It's not even that hard as long as you have one person with a ranged weapon really. We only beat the lich once though, that fight is a fucker and a half.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Cleared out hell half a dozen times with a pug group. Loot is insane down there lol, every damn enemy drops blue or better stuff.

It's not even that hard as long as you have one person with a ranged weapon really. We only beat the lich once though, that fight is a fucker and a half.
It's actually pretty easy once you know it. Just have whoever has agro kite and rest kill. The insta kill orb is super slow and once you know the blue/purple mech it doesn't do much damage. Just need a good bit of heals and time.