Dark and Darker

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This morning I rolled a rogue, stabbed a goblin 7 times in the head before it died and immediately deleted.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya rogue is kinda hot trash for PvE. For melee, barb is king cuz of the AoE fear altho it's annoying when mobs run away.

The beetles are real cancer cuz of their hitbox, it's insanely small.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Played Barb all night. Getting shit on Cler/Barb/Rogue then a little better Cleric/Barb/Ranger. Then I got a felling Axe and we went near undefeated for 10 games with like 25+ kills as Barb/Cleric.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Well they nerfed the solo dungeon a decent bit and fixed the death beetle hit boxes so I guess it might be playable now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How did this game manage to be a bigger pile of shit than Tarkov

It's actually kind of impressive

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I want this game but instead of Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall combat, it's Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Ya rogue is kinda hot trash for PvE. For melee, barb is king cuz of the AoE fear altho it's annoying when mobs run away.

The beetles are real cancer cuz of their hitbox, it's insanely small.
Rogues can get pretty nutty in PvE with backstab and a good dagger, but you need to have a good dagger. The difference in DPS between the 14 damage starter dagger and a 20 damage white dagger is actually pretty insane when you consider all the damage modifiers (backstab, headshots, armor reduction debuff, etc).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
This game has potential, but it seems to be slow getting there, if ever.
Marauders is the better game right now, lean as it is.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Rogues can get pretty nutty in PvE with backstab and a good dagger, but you need to have a good dagger. The difference in DPS between the 14 damage starter dagger and a 20 damage white dagger is actually pretty insane when you consider all the damage modifiers (backstab, headshots, armor reduction debuff, etc).
Ya I mainly meant as a solo. In groups they're fine.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

This fucking ranger was raining arrows on us for like 2 minutes and finally with our cleric blocking we climbed up together and I ended up killing him with a single throwing axe from across the bridge lol. Was probably the best moment in the game I've experienced so far.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Interesting concept, clunky awkward as fuck. AIDS>

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Interesting concept, clunky awkward as fuck. AIDS>
Honestly its clunkiness is probably one of the best aspects of it. There's a lot of things good about this game but also a lot of bad. It's legit the best worst game I've ever played. Some shit feels amazing some shit is just like wtf were these retards thinking? Idk it's weird.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Solo Rogue is back to being the absolute worst. Kind of hilarious. I've just been force grinding to 15 so I can get perks and MAYBE do something. They've got 0 defense, the worst weapon, and 0 utility outside of lockpick. They need a slow regen skill or something because it's just fucking brutal getting hit by a basic skeleton for 50% of your health every time.

Barb's are ridiculous. Get a double axe or a felling axe and just donk motherfuckers in the head. You can tank fucking mage shit np as well.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yep solo Rogue is probably the most disadvantaged way to play the game. But if you're clever you can still pull off some moves. Now that we have proximity voice we can communicate with other players. What I'll usually do as a solo Rogue is try to make friends with another player if they spot me, giving me an ally to bait enemies with so I can go in for backstabs. If they don't spot me, then they get the backstabs.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I've actually been wrecking with solo rogue in terms of gold farming. The trick is to go naked in all slots except gloves/boots and have at least a 21+ dmg dagger minimum. Keep pots in inventory and use bandages mostly. I'm legit so fast it's impossible for anyone to ever catch me so I escape some insane situations. I then let everyone else kill each other and loot what remains before escaping. I get 1 maybe 2 kills per match at most but sometimes none at all but usually have full inventory before leaving. It needs a little bit of a buff though but it's actually not awful, just requires a ton of patience since you really can't take a fair fight.

If you want to actually take fights head on then ya, barb is probably the best bet vs most classes. Great vs PvE and great at smashing other players faces.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This version is at least a lot smoothing than the last few. No crashing/disconnect nonsense so far, and hit reg feels more reliable even if the combat still feels jank

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sold a purple recurve bow with 3 damage mods to some nerd for 300 heart candy

Time for valentine to hook me up baby

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh lol, that's what the candies are for?

PS: This game is so fucking good even in the weird ass state its in right now.

But I still want to build a 16 person Zelda dungeon extraction battle royale lol. Might have to dust off the Python and get to work!

• 2Like