Dark Matter

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

sorta surprising, as far as i can tell DM was getting better rating than KJ and Expanse

ratings for all 3 were not great, but better than syfy deserve, they have burned fans far to much

ever sense they got the big head from critics loving BSG they have made stupid choices

Mallozzi does need to dial it back a notch and work on better short story arcs and less with the 5-7 years "plans"
DM has some truly good characters, but just seemed to be wasted for the most part

Terminator on Fox left off on a "omg, finish the story" note as well

i don't blame Fox for that all that. more Friedman (creator) for not working with Fox

Something has been up with Syfy lately anyways. Most of the time I go to their own webpage and it is promoting shows on other networks. Seems a bit odd.

some reason they are still trying to make the site a hub for scifi instead of promoting their shows.

think it is really sad that in May they announced "a renewed focus on science fiction"

anyway
i have not read that much of the cancellation news, but hopefully Mallozzi will at least but out a comic to finish the story

Lusiphur

Peasant
This was not a surprise. This season was really poor and wandered all over the shop. Still sad to see the show end though.

Goatface

screen-shot-2017-09-05-at-2-38-31-pm.png

Mallozzi talking about it might get picked up by another network
not going to hold by breath

spronk

FPS noob
i'd get behind a save the expanse campaign if it got cancelled but dark matter... meh

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

I was wrong, Killjoys did end the season with better numbers

Dark Matter
S1 = 0.24 - 1.009
S2 = 0.17 - 0.676
S3 = 0.15 - 0.614

Killjoys
S1 = 0.23 - 0.955
S2 = 0.18 - 0.644
S3 = 0.17 - 0.624

Expanse
S1 = 0.22 - 0.703
S2 = 0.18 - 0.581

18-49 demo - Viewers (mil) Live/Same Day

think once Expanse get done with book 2 material it is going to tank
unless they skip a lot from the next book.

Oldbased

> Than U
I was wrong, Killjoys did end the season with better numbers

Dark Matter
S1 = 0.24 - 1.009
S2 = 0.17 - 0.676
S3 = 0.15 - 0.614

Killjoys
S1 = 0.23 - 0.955
S2 = 0.18 - 0.644
S3 = 0.17 - 0.624

Expanse
S1 = 0.22 - 0.703
S2 = 0.18 - 0.581

18-49 demo - Viewers (mil) Live/Same Day

think once Expanse get done with book 2 material it is going to tank
unless they skip a lot from the next book.
I don't get why all 3 of these have such low ratings. Everyone my age and older seems to be into the shows and science fiction in general.
Is it young people who are just not into SciFi?
Between all the Star Wars and Star Trek that happened in the 70s-90s I think maybe the 40+ is just more adapted and all the 30 and less grew up on Little Ponies instead.
starting this Friday, Fans are going to start tweeting netflix is hopes of getting it picked up
1.jpg
I would actually renew Netflix for this. They tend to dump all at once so it would probably be only for a month.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I thought the first couple episodes of this season were awful, but I just got around to finishing the season and enjoyed it for the most part. Definitely hope it gets picked up by netflix or amazon.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Just watched the last episode and I'm raging so fucking hard that it was canceled. This show is cheese, gimmicky, tropey, but fun, and the right kind of camp. Dunno why, but I loved it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't want either show canceled, but killjoys seems to be at a better stopping point. If we never heard from them again, we could just assume they killed themselves while killing the lady. But fuck man, this one was smack dab in the middle of a story.

They need a movie at least if they don't get any more seasons. Isn't that what happened to firefly? Canceled way too early then they got a couple of movies to wrap things up.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Just watched the last episode and I'm raging so fucking hard that it was canceled. This show is cheese, gimmicky, tropey, but fun, and the right kind of camp. Dunno why, but I loved it.
I figured it out. Most of the characters are actually fucking LIKEABLE. I have fond memories of most of the characters. Lead dude with his French, Silent Hill girl, Android was fucking perfect. Unlike Discovery, where the main character is a twat waffle that needs to be transported into the dead of space.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Imagine getting a notification for a quote on a post you made 3 years ago only to end up reading something that is not even remotely understandable.
Pocket dial :/ There was an even longer gibberish reply saved as a draft. I guess I pocketed my phone with this thread as the last thing I'd opened.
I have been watching Dark Matter lately!