Dark Matter

spronk

FPS noob
Really enjoyed this weeks time travel episode, some great writing and time travel paradox looping, interesting little tie in with the blink drive inventor. Wish the show would focus more on stories like this week instead of the boring corporate warfare stuff.

Killjoys manages to deliver yet another absolutely fantastic episode too, the writers on that show are on another level.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So, what do you think happened with the house android bought? I assume since it was stolen money, she just paid for it outright instead of setting up a mortgage.

Also, I liked the episode well enough, but I didn't like 2 things
1. I did not understand why the professor just let them take the drive in the end. I must have missed something important in that conversation.
2. They're now afraid to use the blink drive. I really liked the idea of them having a 'fuck you' power level. I guess that's too hard to write for though.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit is that portia's real voice? If so, she does an amazing impersonation of someone who doesn't have an annoying voice.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
weird but good episode, kept expecting someone to be a double crosser. reminded me a lot of a Star Trek TNG Data style episode.

Oldbased

> Than U
This is like the 10th time Dark Matter had a "dramatic" ending only to spoil it 30 seconds later in the next weeks preview. Whoever keeps doing that should probably hang themselves.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
This is like the 10th time Dark Matter had a "dramatic" ending only to spoil it 30 seconds later in the next weeks preview. Whoever keeps doing that should probably hang themselves.

Might be the same person who does the pre-commercial teasers for Vikings. That fucker will spoil shit that's been building and is about to come to a head on the other side of the break.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I mean it ends with a major character about to be killed and rightfully so, then 10 seconds later on next week of Dark Matter. He is standing around shooting the shit with people. I mean seriously what in the fuck. It was literally like 10 seconds after the ending.

Malkav

French Madman
Damn...And I liked it more than Killjoys this season.

I seriously can't stand KJ characters lately.

Cybsled

That sucks. Wonder when they will announce what is up with Killjoys or Blood Drive. I don't hold much hope for Blood Drive, even though it is great.

spronk

FPS noob
I still love Killjoys the characters the universe and the story, hope its renewed since it seems cheaper production and mostly funded by Canadian whale and maple syrup money.

Dark Matter more or less sucked this season, none of the plot elements came together very well and it seemed like they were more focused on creating a 2 season arc (black goo, android rebellion, corporate wars) rather than working on a single good season that has a few soft points for future season stories. Unfortunately all we got was setup this season and it just wasn't that good, especially with Ryu being off team the entire time and all the weird "this guy left the team... now he's back... this girl joined... now she's gone..."

edit: looks like they picked up Killjoys for TWO more seasons, will post in KJ thread

Juvarisx

Florida
SyFy following the the grand tradition of Fox of cancelling their good shows while renewing garbage like Wynona Earp

Oldbased

> Than U
SyFy following the the grand tradition of Fox of cancelling their good shows while renewing garbage like Wynona Earp
Not that it is a major backlash but every Syfy tweet the past few days is nothing but angry people in the comments over this.
It's pretty stupid to do on a series you can sell off or air again to end it on a hanger like this was and it was a pretty large cliff hanger for this show.

Something has been up with Syfy lately anyways. Most of the time I go to their own webpage and it is promoting shows on other networks. Seems a bit odd.

Cybsled

Nothing beats the "fuck you, Syfy" cliffhanger of Farscape. At least the Henson kids were able to get a proper ending with Peacekeeper Wars.

Terminator on Fox left off on a "omg, finish the story" note as well