Dark Matter

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
The young chick played one of the young versions of Adria on Stargate Atlantis. She's grown a bit since then.

Why were sparks flying when the ship was losing life support? Makes no sense. Why is the kinda asian dude using swords on a spaceship full of futuristic weapons?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
You don't use guns in explody places like spaceships and planes and things. Super blasters are just fancy suicide.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Why were sparks flying when the ship was losing life support? Makes no sense. Why is the kinda asian dude using swords on a spaceship full of futuristic weapons?
Don't be the guy who asks a bunch of dumb questions. I'm sure Astrochuck will find this thread eventually.

Unless you're wanting to find a reason to not watch the show, which is fine, or are just really fucking high. I mean, if the future is so futurey, maaan, then why can't they make the food taste good or have brighter lights or give them shoes in stasis?!

As mentioned, having marital weapons can be handy, like when you need to chop an androids hand off and don't want futuristic weapons pulses to reflect off a protected door to knock your ass out.

And they were losing life support, yes, and said they had other issues from some sort of impact/damage, I think they said meteor and venting atmosphere or some shit.

Anyhoo, a few characters starting out weak/cliche, but premise is kinda cool, will have to see how it goes.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I enjoyed the pilot. Plus, when was the last sci-fi show that took place on board a spaceship? I don't even remember, so I'm sticking with it unless it getsreallybad.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Don't be the guy who asks a bunch of dumb questions. I'm sure Astrochuck will find this thread eventually.

Unless you're wanting to find a reason to not watch the show, which is fine, or are just really fucking high. I mean, if the future is so futurey, maaan, then why can't they make the food taste good or have brighter lights or give them shoes in stasis?!

As mentioned, having marital weapons can be handy, like when you need to chop an androids hand off and don't want futuristic weapons pulses to reflect off a protected door to knock your ass out.

And they were losing life support, yes, and said they had other issues from some sort of impact/damage, I think they said meteor and venting atmosphere or some shit.

Anyhoo, a few characters starting out weak/cliche, but premise is kinda cool, will have to see how it goes.
Futurey? It's a fucking spaceship that travels faster than light. Don't be the guy making stupid statements.

About the futuristic weapons being fired inside a ship: I guess just about every other sci-fi show got it wrong.

Also, the young chick was in SG-1, not Atlantis.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Futurey? It's a fucking spaceship that travels faster than light. Don't be the guy making stupid statements.
Are you actually highlighting and responding to my mocking use of the word futurey?

Not sure if Aspberger's has raped your ability to make sense of context, or you're just bad at this.

About the futuristic weapons being fired inside a ship: I guess just about every other sci-fi show got it wrong.
Who the fuck cares what other sci-fi shows do. First, plenty of people are going to complain about the cliche aspects of the show that have become tropes in every sci-fi show ever it seems, including having one member of the crew who is an expert at non-lasery weapons.

And then to defend yourself you're going to cite what "every other sci-fi show" does........ you mean, what other sci-fi shows do like have sparks flying all over the fucking place all the fucking time?! Something you're going to bitch about despite the fact just about every other sci-fi show does it so I guess they all got it wrong.

Meanwhile, if you watched the fucking show, the conditions/cause of the over-used sparks everywhere trope was explained in the actual fucking show.

Like I said, don't be the guy who thinks casually watching a show and then posing 'that doesn't make sense' bullshit you haven't really thought about is cool or clever.

My advice is watch the fucking show and pay enough attention so when something actually unexplainable, dumb or cliche happens, you can fit in by agreeing with everyone, because it's not working out for you trying to trailblaze that conversation by posing dumb questions about things that actually do make sense if you paid attention to the show.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Are you actually highlighting and responding to my mocking use of the word futurey?

Not sure if Aspberger's has raped your ability to make sense of context, or you're just bad at this.

Who the fuck cares what other sci-fi shows do. First, plenty of people are going to complain about the cliche aspects of the show that have become tropes in every sci-fi show ever it seems, including having one member of the crew who is an expert at non-lasery weapons.

And then to defend yourself you're going to cite what "every other sci-fi show" does........ you mean, what other sci-fi shows do like have sparks flying all over the fucking place all the fucking time?! Something you're going to bitch about despite the fact just about every other sci-fi show does it so I guess they all got it wrong.

Meanwhile, if you watched the fucking show, the conditions/cause of the over-used sparks everywhere trope was explained in the actual fucking show.

Like I said, don't be the guy who thinks casually watching a show and then posing 'that doesn't make sense' bullshit you haven't really thought about is cool or clever.

My advice is watch the fucking show and pay enough attention so when something actually unexplainable, dumb or cliche happens, you can fit in by agreeing with everyone, because it's not working out for you trying to trailblaze that conversation by posing dumb questions about things that actually do make sense if you paid attention to the show.
I win.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I sure did. You typed out several paragraphs of drivel. Shall I make you waste more of your time?
Oh, you're the type of person who says something dumb just to bait other people into calling you dumb, and then you defend yourself with more stupidity, before claiming it was all an elaborate troll just to waste a few minutes of my time, as if I weren't already sitting here on these forums doing nothing. Man, if it weren't for you I'd have cured cancer in the couple minutes of my life you've wasted.

By your own admission you're here to simply make people type and read irrelevant shit because you get off on the perception you've gotten them all rustled and wasted hours of their lives plotting your demise.

You're here just to waste everyone in this threads time. Pretty fucking baller!

Goatface

thought it was good enough. think it would be great if they just went with, well we are bad guys lets fuck shit up.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Also given it looks like the crew were pirates having some guy who is good with sharp chopping things is good for shock/intimidation value and also good for silent kills.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The young chick played one of the young versions of Adria on Stargate Atlantis. She's grown a bit since then.

The ship had taken damage and its auto repair functions were not working correctly. Basically one of the first things they did was to start up the auto ship repair functions to stabilize it which shut off the spark fountains.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
thought it was good enough. think it would be great if they just went with, well we are bad guys lets fuck shit up.
Have wondered how a show would work that was like that. Instead of a monster-of-the-week format where the good guys win out, a show that is bad guys fucking shit up every week. Probably be short lived without some sort of redemption plot, but still, would be entertaining and at least a bit different.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The ship had taken damage and its auto repair functions were not working correctly. Basically one of the first things they did was to start up the auto ship repair functions to stabilize it which shut off the spark fountains.
Also given it looks like the crew were pirates having some guy who is good with sharp chopping things is good for shock/intimidation value and also good for silent kills.
Hah, you typed out a rational response to Gnomedolf. Consider yourself trolled, sucka!

I'm surprised why Gnomedolf isn't questioning our use of fisticuffs in the real world, because, I mean, we have weapons much more advanced these days, so why would anyone ever thing to use their fist as a weapon, it makes no sense!!!

And yeah, having a bladed weapon is handy for intimidation, torture, and because it's harder for a sword to malfunction as a piece of technology.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Hah, you typed out a rational response to Gnomedolf. Consider yourself trolled, sucka!

I'm surprised why Gnomedolf isn't questioning our use of fisticuffs in the real world, because, I mean, we have weapons much more advanced these days, so why would anyone ever thing to use their fist as a weapon, it makes no sense!!!

And yeah, having a bladed weapon is handy for intimidation, torture, and because it's harder for a sword to malfunction as a piece of technology.
It's ok, you can admit it. You want to suck my penis. I'm gonna have to turn you down. You can keep talking about me. It's always nice to have admirers.

You know what? You've converted me. They do need blades. How else are they going to chop up the produce they brought on board?