Dark Matter

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's ok, you can admit it. You want to suck my penis. I'm gonna have to turn you down. You can keep talking about me. It's always nice to have admirers.

You know what? You've converted me. They do need blades. How else are they going to chop up the produce they brought on board?
Now you don't think they have food processors or a chef's laser?!?!?!

I'm so upset and enraged I'm going to spend the whole day fretting over this thread.

You win, sir. You really win.

I just hope for the sake of the futurey future your wand actually shoots blanks.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoy Sci Fi but usually do not enjoy Syfy's shows. That said I found the pilot to be pretty enjoyable and I am going to watch this thing for a while. I hope its good!

faille

Molten Core Raider
Have wondered how a show would work that was like that. Instead of a monster-of-the-week format where the good guys win out, a show that is bad guys fucking shit up every week. Probably be short lived without some sort of redemption plot, but still, would be entertaining and at least a bit different.
Firefly was almost like that. Second episode had Mal kicking a guy into the engine intake, in cold blood. Sure, he was a bounty hunter chasing them but still not something you'd ever see on Star Trek. They were also the subversive underground against the oppressive government, but we only ever get their viewpoint of the government and who knows how bad it actually was. Obviously not perfect, with significant flaws and dodgy agencies doing shit, but probably perfectly fine for 90% of the population. You know, like every government we currently have...

As for SyFy, I think they are actually making good on their promise to return to their sci fi roots. Their efforts to diversifty was obviously a complete failure, and like most people, I didn't take much notice when they said they would go back to making proper sci fi shows. It seems that they are starting to deliver though, so happy to enjoy them while its happening. Here's hoping they give them the proper support and time to establish themselves.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Everytime I see that name "Syfy" I remember it was part of a move away from science fiction. I'll check this out, but Siffy has a long way to go to come back to being relevant to me. Some of the first anime I ever saw was on Sci-Fi really early in the morning. It was all sci-fi oriented, but I was just wowed by the stuff, and kept watching the channel for years, but lost interest around the time BSG went off the air because it just wasn't the same place anymore.

spronk

FPS noob
not bad, everything is super cliche but whatever its fun to watch

12 monkeys is definitely worth a watch, easily in my top 3 of this year of all tv shows

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Quite a bit about that pilot was cringeworthy, but the cliffhanger at the end gave me some hope.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The midriff revealing shirt on the kung fu captain chick, the moralist white boy ship's conscience figure, the katanas for the crazian, the "git sum" scruffy action man in every single way, shooting a gun inside a spaceship with the intention of destroying a massive sealed door, the pathetic space missiles, the dead eyes way the robot talks and acts, the way the robot fought would have broken bones and punched holes in people more easily than thrown them around. I can tell they're building some cringeworthy shit with the nerd girl. She's sounds like she's supposed to be the River Tam of the show. The only unquestionably decent character is the black guy, "green doesn't taste too bad". I'm pinning my hopes on Six, aka black power, to be someone I can like. The captain doesn't seem too bad either though.

The midriff, katana, and "git sum" all make more sense in light of the cliffhanger, but before you get a fuller picture they're just stereotypical ~blah. The rest stands, and the white boy makes less sense than before.

Shit on me bro.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The midriff revealing shirt on the kung fu captain chick, the moralist white boy ship's conscience figure, the katanas for the crazian, the "git sum" scruffy action man in every single way, shooting a gun inside a spaceship with the intention of destroying a massive sealed door, the pathetic space missiles, the dead eyes way the robot talks and acts, the way the robot fought would have broken bones and punched holes in people more easily than thrown them around. I can tell they're building some cringeworthy shit with the nerd girl. She's sounds like she's supposed to be the River Tam of the show. The only unquestionably decent character is the black guy, "green doesn't taste too bad". I'm pinning my hopes on Six, aka black power, to be someone I can like. The captain doesn't seem too bad either though.

The midriff, katana, and "git sum" all make more sense in light of the cliffhanger, but before you get a fuller picture they're just stereotypical ~blah. The rest stands, and the white boy makes less sense than before.

Shit on me bro.
Ok I'm going to take that apart item by item !

First up. Ummmm. Uhh.

Yeah, I got nothin ;p

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Watched the pilot felt like a syfy show but was good enough I'll hang on for a bit and see where it goes.. If nothing else it can sate me until the expanse comes out.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
not bad, everything is super cliche but whatever its fun to watch

12 monkeys is definitely worth a watch, easily in my top 3 of this year of all tv shows
I was expecting a train wreck with 12 monkeys but it is both good story wise and pretty high quality effects/look as well.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The robot should behave more like TARS from Interstellar. Maybe have a few of her around the ship with different personalities.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
She's a horrendous actress (watch Lost Girl to see), so there is very little chance of her playing anything but a robotic, err, robot.

spronk

FPS noob
i hope the guy-who-is-totally-not-Jayne tries to figure out a way to upgrade her to sex bot, or midriff chick tries to lez out with her

still like the show, the parts whenever they have to visit a planet are cringe worthy bad in sets/plot ("We live on the planet of Canadian warehouses!!!") but the actors seem to be able to carry the show so far

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty well starved for good sci-fi, so I'll watch it for a long time even if it's only mediocre.