Dark Souls 2

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Much better to do Lost Sinner with an ascetic because the NG+ Pyromancers don't show up unless you actually restart your game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Chaos Blade seems like a weaker Blacksteel Katana, and Blacksteel doesn't damage you. I didn't actually try it though, since dex in general is shit I used the soul on Flame Weapon.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think it must scale really well with dark or something because I see it mostly on hex builds.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
+10 dark black steel katana 172/93 with S/B scaling dex/dark

+5 dark chaos blade 185/185 with B/B scaling

Since dex scaling blows, the S vs B is irrelevant

Oh, and the chaos blade needs 2 less strength to equip

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The bosses in this game are way too easy. I didn't even realize The Lost Sinner was a major boss because she had the same moves as half the enemies in the game and went down without much trouble. Oddly enough, I thought Dragonrider was the toughest boss but even then I was able to knock him off the platform.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Do item drop effects stack, like gold serpent ring and jesters cap?
Yes.

The bosses in this game are way too easy. I didn't even realize The Lost Sinner was a major boss... Dragonrider was the toughest boss but even then I was able to knock him off the platform.
Lost Sinner is like the first major boss, of course it's going to be easy. If you thought that the Dragonrider was hard then good luck, you may have a hard time later on.

Vorph

My toughest "boss" was the 4 toxic rats with Royal Rat Authority.
frown.png
Could have avoided it if I'd known how godly Santier's Spear 2H dashing R1 attack was at the time. Instead I had to kill them one at a time with my mace because I didn't feel like going back to town and getting the spear ready, respecing, etc.

Hell, even the red phantom fight after gargoyles is harder than almost every boss in the game when you don't have a room-clearing AE attack to rely on.

Drop rate and bonus soul items stack multiplicatively btw. I finished NG on my mundane build character at SL200 because of Tseldora -> Nahr Alma armor and silver covetous ring +2. Not a whole lot to choose from for drop rate items though; Jester Cap + gold ring + prisoner tatters is all you get.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have been rolling with jester hat + gloves, tseldora chest + legs, gold / silver rings +1.

Vorph

Nahr Alma hat is the same but the chest gives more soul bonus than Tseldora, if you don't mind killing off the blood covenant guy. Much better looking armor with way better stats too.

I burned ascetics to get both +2 rings right away also.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Jester cap is drop rate, Nahr Alma hood is souls. I will swap the tseldora robe for nahr alma though. Good call on the rings.

Edit - Nm I realized you're saying Alma hood is the same as tseldora cap.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Is there something I should be doing with the souls you get from defeating bosses other than just using them to level up? The description on all of them alludes to another use for them, but I don't have a clue what it is.

Just downed the gargoyles, they didn't seem too bad. I died more trying to kill the bastard NPCs at the top of the bell tower than I did to the gargoyles. I'm still just plugging away with my starter mace from being a cleric, and it's upgraded to about +6(I think the damage is listed as 180 base then +84 due to str or whatever). As long as you have a shield that blocks 95+% of physical, the gargoyles aren't too bad. Just a REALLY long fight trying to find the right spot to get in 1 hit while 3-4 of them barrage you. Probably took me 10 minutes to kill them once I finally did, but it was only my 4th or 5th try at most.
Or you use magic, and down them on the first try while laughing and having your cock slobbed by supermodels.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The bosses in this game are way too easy. I didn't even realize The Lost Sinner was a major boss because she had the same moves as half the enemies in the game and went down without much trouble. Oddly enough, I thought Dragonrider was the toughest boss but even then I was able to knock him off the platform.
It's not like DS1, at first I thought you did those 4 major bosses and then you finished the game like Seath, Nito, Chaos and 4Kings. When you killed those 4 primal souls, you're barely half way through the game.

A couple of the lesser bosses are piss easy, no doubt, such as Dragonrider, Flexile Sentry, Skeleton Lords or LGK. But what I had massive trouble with was Smelter Demon, Royal Rat Vanguard (until I realized the boss rat dies to three black Firebombs) and Vendrick.

Vendrick is a particularly frustrating fight because he's completely harmless unless he does the three swing combo, and since he takes forever (I only had 4 giant souls) you're almost bound to make a mistake at some point.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Vendrick is retardedly easy once you know to keep to the rear left of him. His hitboxes are odd and some swings that look like they should hit you don't and the same in reverse. If the soul you are missing is the one from the Ancient Dragon, there is a major weakness in his AI that would led a naked guy with a toothpick beat him. I think I posted it earlier in this thread.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
How fucked am I for the rest of the game if I took more than 10 attempts for the 3 ruin sentries and The Pursuer? Also, is sorceror hard mode or am I doing it wrong?

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Died to the pursuer atleast 10+ times with a bad weapon, and the ruin sentries 5-8 times probably. After that most of the bosses ended up being 1-2 tries.

Those are definitely the dodge learning curve bosses.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sentries was really easy for me, got it on 3rd try or so, first try figure out the room and the fact there were 3, 2nd fucked up badly with 2sentries down and 3rd was an easy kill without flask. Didn't dodge shit, just block everything, hit once when it's safe, 10mins fight or whatever but eh. Pursuer took a fucking long time though, I went through various strats until I figured you could parry him. That said it was mostly cause it was early game and I wasn't fully used to the combat again. Later on you fight a random pursuer and I fucked his shit up easy even though I aggroed an add during the fight, without using anything fancy.