Dark Souls 2

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It seems if Pursuer pops and you are able to run away, he will sink back in to the ground and not respawn there.

I ran into him in Lost Bastille last night in an are with lots of dogs and guys on wooden towers. He killed me the first time, but on my second time through he spawned and then de-spawned and I haven't seen him since.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
He has popped up in at least six different places so far...

Just hit Dragolic castle or whatever its called last night, so far my mains include Smelter Demon sword, Zweihander, and Greatclub. They all break so damned fast it is annoying as fuck.

Evernothing

The good news is there is an NPC in Drangleic Castle who sells infinite Repair Powders for 2,500 a pop.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Next month's Humble Bundle has Dark Souls 2: SOTFS as its early unlock. If you're not familiar with Humble Bundles you pay $12 and get the one guaranteed title and 6-8 others for Steam, GOG or the Humble Store. If you pay early you get the guaranteed title immediately upon payment and the remaining titles the first Friday of the next month.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Is there a mod like DSfix for this that won't get you banned? I fired this up after beating DS1 and it looks like complete shit (Super dark and saturated) and the sliders do basically nothing. I read that installed DS2fix can get you tossed?

Evernothing

You are correct, any of the texture mods, DSFix, or even ENB / ReShade can get you banned in DS2.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally completed NG+ and the dlc for Bloodborne tonight after several long and frustratingly wonderful months. Holy fuk did i love that game. Twice.

I've never played the other Souls games but am embarking on DS2 SOTFS this weekend. Hoping it is similar in difficulty and design, etc because BB was gorgeous and fulfilling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

italica

Trakanon Raider
Finally completed NG+ and the dlc for Bloodborne tonight after several long and frustratingly wonderful months. Holy fuk did i love that game. Twice.

I've never played the other Souls games but am embarking on DS2 SOTFS this weekend. Hoping it is similar in difficulty and design, etc because BB was gorgeous and fulfilling.

If you enjoyed the pace of combat in BB, DS2 is going to feel reaaaaaaaal slow.

Edit: I enjoyed both, just don't expect DS2 to compare directly to BB's gameplay in terms of pacing.

• 1Like

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you enjoyed the pace of combat in BB, DS2 is going to feel reaaaaaaaal slow.

Edit: I enjoyed both, just don't expect DS2 to compare directly to BB's gameplay in terms of pacing.

Okay, interesting thx. Maybe a little less of the nearly constant and endless fear of hideously gruesome imminent death would be a good thing for a change. Those defiled chalice dungeons were especially nerve-wracking. Anyway, I have four hours Saturday morning uninterrupted to get started on DS2. Just me, a bag of egg mcmuffins, and a pot of coffee to take me into battle!

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Imminent death will still be there in heavy doses but instead of zipping all over the screen like a madman, you'll plod along and get pummeled.

• 1Like

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imminent death will still be there in heavy doses but instead of zipping all over the screen like a madman, you'll plod along and get pummeled.

Thx. In this light, I'm curious about character builds. I've been reading past posts etc on how things work to get a feel for it but almost everything is pre-revamp of the game. Not sure how much changed if anything in this respect?

In Bloodborne I was a high skill, threaded cane kinda guy. Any thoughts on if that's a wise stratagy in DS2. Most people out in the world that I've asked just say to tank it, but I rarely play that way.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I went back and played DS2 sotfs after I beat blood borne and it felt so slow. I had already beaten the vanilla game before and it felt fine then, but it's definitely a different speed.

DS3 felt much faster.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, so several hours in. Definitely not playing Bloodborne, but the similarities are incredible. Actually i guess that should be the other way around.

The pacing and layout is more like The Witcher 3 imo, (although i guess that should also be the other way around) but with infinitely superior combat mechanics. .

Also, the graphics. I forgot this was olde gen. Looks fine on my PS4 (frame rate being king) but am surprised in the difference. Was thinking it was an early new gen launch.

I puss'd out and went with a knight build as that seemed safest. Hoping there's a respec option, or I'll be relying on an alternate character to try a different build if my chick ends up being a hairy armpitted hillary voting commie dyke that swings a sword like, well, a girl.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Bloodbourne favors and rewards aggressive play. DS2 rewards patience and deliberate action.

There is a way to Respec. Also I went strength/dex build. You can do an amazing amount of specs in DS2. If I ever play it again it will probably be a hex or faith build just to be different. Melee is maximum effort though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Whatever "class" you picked doesn't really matter anyways. You could be an int spellcasting knight if you want

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was thinking things are going suspiciously easy as I plod through the first couple levels, getting up to speed. Now I'm mired at No-Man's Wharf, burning through consumables and getting wrecked repeatedly. That's better.

• 1Solidarity

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok... so my controller is going through the window any minute now. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop the ENDLESS FUCKING TARGET LOCKING on enemies you are not engaging?

I've turned off all of the options that I can see, but to no avail.

Today I am in the Iron Keep and getting invaded by douchebag Forlorn. But it's literally impossible to fight him as I keep losing focus on him and auto-locking on every other enemy in range. Literally every second or so my lock toggles off him -on him -off him -on him -ad nauseam. And the worst part is I cannot even engage the errant target locks or SEE them for that matter as they are on multiple different level platforms (all below me).

It's been happening sporadically since I started, and I assumed it is just the way it works? But my god is it rage inducing.

Another issue is the way the camera goes mental anytime you are in close-quarters like small rooms or especially hallways. Trying to fight a couple dudes when the camera is swinging all over the place combined with repetitive random target locking and well, the fun is evaporating.

I've only played Bloodborne before in this series, and never had any of these issues. Anyone have a simple solution?

Thanks!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok... so my controller is going through the window any minute now. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop the ENDLESS FUCKING TARGET LOCKING on enemies you are not engaging?

I've turned off all of the options that I can see, but to no avail.

Today I am in the Iron Keep and getting invaded by douchebag Forlorn. But it's literally impossible to fight him as I keep losing focus on him and auto-locking on every other enemy in range. Literally every second or so my lock toggles off him -on him -off him -on him -ad nauseam. And the worst part is I cannot even engage the errant target locks or SEE them for that matter as they are on multiple different level platforms (all below me).

It's been happening sporadically since I started, and I assumed it is just the way it works? But my god is it rage inducing.

Another issue is the way the camera goes mental anytime you are in close-quarters like small rooms or especially hallways. Trying to fight a couple dudes when the camera is swinging all over the place combined with repetitive random target locking and well, the fun is evaporating.

I've only played Bloodborne before in this series, and never had any of these issues. Anyone have a simple solution?

Thanks!

Not really a fix but if you lock on don't touch that right stick, the other solution is to not lock on at all.

The best thing to do though is to play Prepare to die edition AKA the first and better one, or the far superior in every way DS3.

• 1Solidarity