Dark Souls 2

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Healing in demon souls is a matter of learning to avoid ALL damage honestly. Theslight aattrition to HP you can permit in Dark isn't OK in Demon.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I just wish someone would rip-off DaS and make an MMO out of it.
I think it would be extremely difficult to take the combat system from Dark Souls and apply it to an MMO setting. The combat feels amazing in 1 on 1 situations, but what happens when it's 5 on 1(group) or 40 vs 1(boss fight). You end up losing a lot of the intricacies of the fighting system when you have to scale it up to large group battles. Fighting a huge boss 1 on 1 by yourself in Dark/Demon Souls feels beyond epic, I just don't know how you recapture it in an MMO. Part of the appeal of this series is the bleakness, and feeling of helplessness that you are all alone.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think it would be extremely difficult to take the combat system from Dark Souls and apply it to an MMO setting. The combat feels amazing in 1 on 1 situations, but what happens when it's 5 on 1(group) or 40 vs 1(boss fight). You end up losing a lot of the intricacies of the fighting system when you have to scale it up to large group battles. Fighting a huge boss 1 on 1 by yourself in Dark/Demon Souls feels beyond epic, I just don't know how you recapture it in an MMO. Part of the appeal of this series is the bleakness, and feeling of helplessness that you are all alone.
It would have to be a huge bleak world *cough* Vanguard *cough*. I do agree it would probably be a shit storm once it got to big battles, but would it really be different than what Mount & Blade turn into in the same situations?

I think the griefing potential would make it all worth while.

Vaclav

You don't say. I hear the secret to the hundred yard dash is to run really fast. ;P
Was not intending to be sarcastic - just with Dark Souls going to it from Dark first, you can soak occasional damage - Demon's Souls is designed with taking ZERO damage in mind. The only way to efficiently make any type of build that requires healing is to have the mana regen ring and enough Faith for Healing. (Crescent weapons work well as well since they mana regen also)

You go glass cannon and learn to dodge well (Not even block, since blocking is subpar in Demon's Souls - Riposte is always a better option even risking the hit when you're not perfect at the timing yet).

khalid

Unelected Mod
Demon's Souls is designed with taking ZERO damage in mind.
I really don't get how you can say this. It is very easy in Demon Souls to farm a shitload of lowlvl grass. If anything I would say Dark Souls is where you have to worry about taking occasional damage while progressing from a fire to a boss.

Vaclav

Shrug, it's how I played it every runthrough - and I've platted it thrice now. Especially with how worthless armor is in DeS.

Szlia

I don't remember dying in either game because I ran out of healing... but again I played a templar in both. I also never dodged in Demon's Souls (the exception being that level-sucking boss... false king? That I fought by dodging and making him fly with a giant sword - I felt like I was gimping the fight but it somehow made it an even sweeter revenge).

rrr_img_37458.jpg

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Dear God I'm desperate. I cannot get past Ornstein and Smough (and yes I've read the hints and watched countless videos). I don't suppose there's anyone out there with a PS3 that can team up and help with this shit, is there?

I am THIS fucking close to smashing the disc.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Ornstein will charge you immediately when you enter the room. If you can get him by himself in the left-hand corner, you can pretty much cheese the fight by equipping the best heavy armor set you can find (I think I used the stone armor) and a weapon that does immense damage. After you kill Ornstein, you can unequip all your armor and attack Smough between evasions.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Ornstein will charge you immediately when you enter the room. If you can get him by himself in the left-hand corner, you can pretty much cheese the fight by equipping the best heavy armor set you can find (I think I used the stone armor) and a weapon that does immense damage. After you kill Ornstein, you can unequip all your armor and attack Smough between evasions.
I have no trouble killing one or the other initially. It's the powered up versions I can't handle. My old-man reflexes aren't quick enough to dodge their hyper devastating attacks (i.e. Smough's butt smash) - or, rather, I'm a millisecond too late in my reaction and get hit while rolling away. Pissing me the fuck off.

Vaclav

Guessing you're not going mage at all, right? Because the buttsmash is a joke to avoid if you're just kiting and nuking him with spells. Absolutely do Ornstein first though, Smough is MUCH easier in powered up form - Ornstein is REALLY REALLY rough in comparison.

Also note, you can get Solaire (NPC assistant) to help you on him if you've used him a number of times before.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Nevermind. Just kicked Smough's ass finally. He did the butt smash like twice. Previously he was constantly doing that shit.

Szlia

I seem to remember that Smough's pathing is very lame: he goes in straight line toward you, so you can put a (broken) column between him and you and safely kill him with arrows (being a bad archer just mean needing more arrows...).

EDIT: Oh... congratulations!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Enjoy the sweet taste of victory. That's one of the more challenging fights.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I remember trying to kill Seath the scaleless for fucking ever one day, all the while getting more and more drunk.

My roommate was really into watching it so the next day I told him that he has to see this dragon that has been raping me for hours and hours.

I run down the crystal maze area and...He's gone. Empty room.

I thought the game glitched out or my file was corrupted until I was looking in my inventory and had the sword sitting right there

rrr_img_43756.jpg

Somehow I had killed this asshole who had been bending me over (he cursed too right?) while absolutely shitfaced blackout drunk.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or your room mate killed him.

EDIT: I remember as a little kid playing full throttle. At the end of the game there was a part where you have to get out of the burning trailer (the absolute last part of the game). I just couldn't figure it out (was a little kid), and my friend picked it up. Instead of going right he went left and beat the game. I was so infuriated.