Dark Souls 2

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seath was so easy - either version could work - although I'd tend to believe the roommate angle with the sword, that tail cut was a sonuvabitch to do. Hardest single item of the platinum IMO. (Screw anyone that says Priscilla's was tougher - hers was laughably easy!)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The hardest fight for me is Quelaag. I still can't beat her without using a phantom. I also spent several hours on the pair of gargoyles during my first playthrough because I was playing a cleric with a shitty mace.

Szlia

I played a pure melee character, so I made a pretty liberal use of NPC and player ghosts. I did not use one for Seath though.

I also had to check strategies for some bosses. Gravelord Nito comes to mind, because it's easy to understand there is something to get about the mechanism of the fight, but the run to him from the previous bonefire gets old very fast.

The worst fight was probably the Capra Demon with his dogs in the cramped room. Oh and that big knight guy before Anor Lando that knocks you out of his tower. It did not take me many tries, but I played cheerleader in this fight while another player mowed him down!

On a side note, seeing people speedrun this game is very humbling!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hardest thing I had to deal with in this game as a melee were the fucking silver knight archers with the dragon bows in anor lando. Holy shit I almost quit the game trying to run across that fucking walkway.

Boss wise that dragon in the expansion was a real nightmare on melee, and I don't think I ever actually got to cut off his tail.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Non-bosswise, yea the Dragon Bow archers were incredibly frustrating, but that was mostly because they were really cheap not true difficulty.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Seath is easy. Especially if you take the time to get the Curse-Resistant Ring. The hard part is if you want the sword from him. His stupid tail loves to clip into the wall and become impossible to hack off.

And, yes, the Anor Londo archers can die in a fire. Took me 3 hours to get past them my first time plaything through.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For me I guess the 2 key things would be cutting the tail of Priscilla, WITHOUT KILLING HER, fucking bitch died on me like twice and once it autosaved so it fucked the whole save, it was my dagger playthrough too iirc. Second one was finding out the room for the 4kings actually had invisible walls, which made it impossible to kill them using a bow only for my bow playthrough(damage too low to keep killing them before next one spawned, and kiting impossible when you suddenly roll into an invisible wall so you get hit). Mostly small details, overall the game was pretty hard the first time around, but after that once you had died 30times to a boss on your first playthrough, the next time was like "eh whatever, oversized trash mob".

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Or your room mate killed him.
He wasn't home that night *DUN DUN DUNNNN* plottwist

yeah, the Londo-archers might be of the most frustrating mobs ever. My first play through I made it past no problem. Every single ng+ they would blast me off atleast 3 times before I made it through.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Kind of disappointed they didn't take into consideration, at all it seems.. of PS4 and Xboner launches? It's entirely possible LATER on, but come on..

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Hmm, the roots in that video.

reference to the old one from Demon's Souls possibly?

rrr_img_43931.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is the Dark Souls port for PC as bad as everyone makes it out to be? It's on sale on Steam and I really want to try it out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is the Dark Souls port for PC as bad as everyone makes it out to be? It's on sale on Steam and I really want to try it out.
It's fine as long as you use mods to fix it. It's actually better on PC than it is on console.

I played through the game with mouse/kb without issue. If you are ok with a gamepad that'd probably be more natural. For me, using a joystick to look around is slow an laborious.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's fine if you play with a controller. If you do play on PC thought be sure to download the graphics mod/fix, as the PC version is otherwise locked to some terrible console resolution, like 1024x768 or some shit.