Dark Souls 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I like that they seems to have brought the consumable healing of demon's souls.

IGN made an interesting observation.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/1...rld-of-ariamis
I thought it was consumable too but not sure, it could just be that the dark souls concept now has a visible number(maybe it did too in Dark souls don't remember), where it recharges everytime you go to a fire. Cause he had 20, then it went down to 19, but when he started another area he had 20 again. Maybe they just made every char for the preview have 20 consumables, not sure. Unless you listened to the interview which I didn't. Tbh I think the system in Dark Souls was better, you had a finite amount of healing per "section", instead of farming a large amount of shit and herpderping around because you had a lot more consumables than you should.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
You are probably right. It's hard to tell because they play on a beta/alpha version. We can't really believe everything you see. I'm only glad they didn't change the game that much. The new lighting and cloth physic really add.

I wish they bring back a player controlled boss fight like the old monk in Demon's souls.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
In terms of bossfights, i hope we don't get another Bed of Chaos/Ceaseless Discharge. Would be nice if they improve collision detection aswell. The first time my sword bounced off of a wall in the Asylum, when i tried to hit a Hollow, i thought that was really cool. Then Smough shoved his hammer straight through one of the pillars and in my face, which was kinda annoying.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The developer said estus flasks will still be in the game, so that drop of healing thing is confusing

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The developer said estus flasks will still be in the game, so that drop of healing thing is confusing
Well as I said, the 20 is probably the number of charges on it. Just like your Etus Flask starts at like 6 charges, then you upgrade it over time to whatever it was(12-16 whatever). We can assume they have it maxed so it's 20, and recharges automatically when you hit a bonefire. The translation might not be accurate or there might be an explanation to the fact it's stones instead of a flask.

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
In terms of bossfights, i hope we don't get another Bed of Chaos/Ceaseless Discharge. Would be nice if they improve collision detection aswell. The first time my sword bounced off of a wall in the Asylum, when i tried to hit a Hollow, i thought that was really cool. Then Smough shoved his hammer straight through one of the pillars and in my face, which was kinda annoying.
Never had a problem with Ceaseless Discharge, dunno why the hate for that boss.

That gameplay video made me wet. Didn't like the torch thing, totally agree with ripping Dragon's Dogma (although, fuck oil. I don't care how easy it was to stockpile, there were many times that I would forget to grab some and then be lightless for a good while.).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Never had a problem with Ceaseless Discharge, dunno why the hate for that boss.

That gameplay video made me wet. Didn't like the torch thing, totally agree with ripping Dragon's Dogma (although, fuck oil. I don't care how easy it was to stockpile, there were many times that I would forget to grab some and then be lightless for a good while.).
I think he means heavily scripted large scale boring boss fights. Both Discharge and Bed of Chaos were fairly pointless fights. At least Ceaseless Discharge looked cool, but the trick to beating it is really just a trick, not an actual strat, you need to figure out you have to walk back, then you basically hit him twice and he dies instantly. It's the same for bed of chaos it's just crappy shit platforms then you hit it once and it dies. On the other side of the spectrum I'd say you have stuff like the 4 king which was an intense time sensitive fight in a disorienting place(hard to judge distances effectively and shit), it was a really great fight, besides the fact it was in an actual room with invisible walls instead of being infinite, which was annoying as shit as an archer(but then again everything was annoying as shit as an archer so whatever).

The problem I think is the gimmick is way too simple and not obvious at all either(at least in the case of Ceaseless Discharge) and it is the only way to solve the fight and doesn't really add anything much. If there was a 2nd way to kill Ceaseless Discharge that required more effort and was more obvious(like climbing up a wall and making shit fall on him), the run back to the entrance and hit him once would be cool cause it'd be the "secret" strat to beating him easy. As the only strat though it makes it a shitty fight. Not a hard one at all, just shitty.

Syntax Error_sl

shitlord
The problem I think is the gimmick is way too simple and not obvious at all either(at least in the case of Ceaseless Discharge) and it is the only way to solve the fight and doesn't really add anything much. If there was a 2nd way to kill Ceaseless Discharge that required more effort and was more obvious(like climbing up a wall and making shit fall on him), the run back to the entrance and hit him once would be cool cause it'd be the "secret" strat to beating him easy. As the only strat though it makes it a shitty fight. Not a hard one at all, just shitty.
You know it's not the only strat. You can always just go toe-to-toe with him. Dodge tentacle/arm attack.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Why though? It was so much easier to just use LOS and hit his arm when he attacks, run back, run forward, wait for him to attack and repeat. It took a while but it was risk free.

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
Why though? It was so much easier to just use LOS and hit his arm when he attacks, run back, run forward, wait for him to attack and repeat. It took a while but it was risk free.
Because that never occurred to me when I grabbed the gold-hemmed set? One moment I'm just chillin, grabbing some loot; next I have a giant arm flailing at me. First thought: DO A BARREL ROLL. Then it was time for murder.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i'm fairly sure they ended up removing that ceaseless discharge tactic. it didn't work for me on the xbox version a couple of months after release and never worked on the pc version. it may have just been a bug people were exploiting. i think the intended strategy was to hide in that nook near his slumber area where you could attack his arm without being hit.

ZED_sl

shitlord
i'm fairly sure they ended up removing that ceaseless discharge tactic. it didn't work for me on the xbox version a couple of months after release and never worked on the pc version. it may have just been a bug people were exploiting. i think the intended strategy was to hide in that nook near his slumber area where you could attack his arm without being hit.
No, it has worked on every platform since release. The trick to get it to work is when you pick up the gold hemmed set, wait for him to throw his flames out and then race for the door. If you already died after trying it once, you have to run him all the way back to the corpse with the gold hemmed set or it won't work. It's not a bug of any kind, Ceaseless has a specific animation for this event.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
PC version coming out at launch:

shack news
"A lot of it was not very well done, sort of half-assed," Dark Souls 2 director Yui Tanimura told Shacknews via translator (Tak Miyazoe), while promising a much better experience for the sequel.

"Yes, we will definitely put more priority on the PC. Last time, we started working on PC after the console version was complete," Tanimura explained. "This time, because we are considering the PC from the beginning, you can be sure there will be more care put into PC development."
dark-souls-2-box-art-revealed-game-for-windows-live-still-a-mystery/

rrr_img_20606.jpg

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I confirm too about ceaseless discharge on PC. The trick work I just did it 10 minutes ago.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
you idiot, it's about what's NOT on the box

seriously though, Dark Souls. too much grey.