Dark Souls 2

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also, release date is set for March 2014. Willnotbe coming out on next gen.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Gametrailers review of playable build

GT Interview with director of DS2

IGN Classes Video

Removed google cache of gameplay review

Concept art & screens

Neoseeker review

-Backstabs can now be botched if you're too far away from an enemy, but still trigger the animation.
-The Sunlight Medallions (consumable heal items), are dropped by mobs and give a HoT, rather than the instant heals of the Estus Flask.
-Movesets for weapons are different -- lots of weapons and spells make a return.
-Kick is gone, in favor of a shoulder push / tackle.
-Can have up to 3 right-hand equipment slots, left hand is still 2 slots.
-Dual-weilding is implemented with animations, etc.
-Looks like pyromancies are cast with a catalyst like sorcery.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
I couldn't find a Dark Souls thread, but I just wanted to say that I started playing a few days ago. Jesus christ. Any advice from people who have played the game? I don't want any spoilers or anything, but more like things to focus on gear/item wise?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Farm balder knights until you get the balder side sword, Great Weapon that Works on any boss. Upgrade it to +15 asap, ignore armor upgrades. Try to get a Black Knight shield and by mastering parry on the Guys. Upgrade that to +5 with the twinkling titanite. Focus on endurance so you can carry more armor while maintaining weight Limit under 50%. That gives you the medium move Set.

What particular Part gives u trouble?

Breakarms_sl

shitlord
Farm balder knights until you get the balder side sword, Great Weapon that Works on any boss. Upgrade it to +15 asap, ignore armor upgrades. Try to get a Black Knight shield and by mastering parry on the Guys. Upgrade that to +5 with the twinkling titanite. Focus on endurance so you can carry more armor while maintaining weight Limit under 50%. That gives you the medium move Set.

What particular Part gives u trouble?
Why so complicated? I say get a spear and a shield and cower in fear behind it!

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I recently finished DS1 (finally). Personally I went with a magic centered/High mobility build. Took quite a long time to mature but damn it I was a bad ass once I had my shit together.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I couldn't find a Dark Souls thread, but I just wanted to say that I started playing a few days ago. Jesus christ. Any advice from people who have played the game? I don't want any spoilers or anything, but more like things to focus on gear/item wise?
First, get a 100% physical block shield and equip it. Then work on blocking and killing the beginning hollows. Patience is a virtue in combat. Especially early on.

Endurance determines how much you can block and when your stamina runs out, and also your equipment load. I'd put some points into it early and often.

Equipment weight wise you want to be at either 50% or 25% of your max weight. This affects your movement speed and 'rolling'. If you are over 50% you 'fat' roll which really is slow. At 25% and under you are very quick.

If you're on the PS3 I'd recommend using the NPCs on some of the early boss fights (Gargoyles, Queelag), but you might want to play offline since invasions are silly frequent with griefers. On the PC it's not nearly as bad.

The game is simple to play but really you'll need to spend some time and dig through and determine what weapons you want to use, i.e. str or dex, faith spells, magic, or pyromancy, and also how you want to allocate your points.

I loved the Halberd on my first playthrough. It's extremely easy to use, fairly fast, and doesn't require much. Once you hit the Undead Parish you can easily get it to +5 and it's a great starter weapon. It's right in front of the building on a skeleton.

Any direct questions PM me or just post here, I guess.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
going 99% weight load with Greatshield of Artorias and a +5 heavy armor is pretty rad though. Block everything, don't even flinch
smile.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel the same about the examiner - they better be right - two Souls games in short order gives me wood.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Get the Zweihander from the graveyard with the skeletons, in the firelink shrine. Its very easy to get even at level 1. 2hand that bitch and prepare to roflstomp the entire game with 1 weapon. Upgrade it to lightning +5.

Also, get Havel's ring as early as possible. Its in the undead burd/parish, I forget which. Either way, its one of the first areas you get to. He's the dude in the tower wearing some grey-ish stone looking armor and uses a bigass shield and sword. Youll know him. Just backstab him and crush him with the zweihander.

Learn to backstab well.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
I chose to start as a Wanderer. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who threw some advice my way. It's crazy how trained i've been with so many dumbed down games. I felt so lost for a while and didn't know where to begin. I wish more games embraced this sort of play style. I'm currently unlearning all the bad habits other games have taught me (maps, markers, quest logs. Basically everything that tells you how to play the game).

I don't want to take up any more space on this thread, and I don't know if it's worth making a new thread for Dark Souls. So if anyone has any other info or wants to talk more about, please feel free to PM. All advice is welcome
smile.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dark Souls not having its own thread is quite a shame for us, but I'm done with it after 5 playthroughs and having obtained every single armor set and weapon. Still, that was easily 70 hours sunk into the game to find everything, no other single player game offered that much in the last few years-