Dark Souls 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
Whats the best faith chime? I'm trying to figure out what i'm missing in terms of my weapon/rings as a hex/faith build.
I currently use +5 dark sunset staff and a Priest's Chime.

I'm guessing I need to do the covenant of the dark stuff and get the Dragon Chime eh?

Clear Bluestone Ring +2, Southern Ritual Band +2, Abyss Seal are always there.
Ring of Binding if i'm hollowed and manage to die a lot is the fourth, or i'll usually just rock a serpent ring, or Chloranthy Ring

Not sure if theres a better 4th though.

edit: nevermind i just saw the dragon's chime requires 50 faith, i'm capping mine at 30. Bah

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dragon's is best, but yeah there's that 50 faith req on it. The second best chime is the priest one you already have (you did upgrade it to lightning +10 right?).

Vorph

Priest's has S scaling when taken all the way to +10. Adding Lightning makes the damage 218 for miracles (at the expense of its dark damage, but you'd never cast a hex with it anyway).

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's currently just at its base, I didn't want to upgrade it until i figured which one i actually wanted lol.
I didn't know it changed scaling to S, thats great.

I'll give that a whirl, upgrade that bitch tonight and toss lightning on it.

I ended up pushing my str/dex to 10/9 so i could rock a longsword, so i'm not entirely gimped in terms of fighting face to face. +10 dark doesn't seem to make a huge difference compared to just a normal +10 but whatevs.
I didn't think +5 dark on the sunset staff would make a huge difference but it really did when i went from +4 to +5, and then the abyss ring adds even more. Pretty damn strong spec for PVE thats for sure lol

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chime of Want is pretty awesome, but of course it comes from the last boss.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
can you do a light attack following a heavy attack on consoles? Nothing happens when I try that. Heavy attack, then my character just derps into idle.

And what's the deal with royal rat vanguard? After TWO deaths I'm already at max health penalty... That fight is fucking stupid because it constantly changes my focus target
frown.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't think so, in general theres recovery time on most heavy attacks while standard attacks can cancel into each other given you have the endurance.

It's possible that power stance changes that but i can't remember, i didn't try that build for longer than 10 minutes lol

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think so, in general theres recovery time on most heavy attacks while standard attacks can cancel into each other given you have the endurance.

It's possible that power stance changes that but i can't remember, i didn't try that build for longer than 10 minutes lol
I can do heavy, followed by heavy attack just fine. It's significantly faster than doing heavy, pause, light attack.

Dry testing this in Majula, if I do light attack, and then click for strong attack during the light attack animation, the strong attack happens. Light / light also happens, Strong / Strong happens.
Strong / light - nothing.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Is there a strike weapon with a range larger than flopping my penis at the mobs that doesn't weight 20 pounds? I have a mace as a backup for massively resistant mobs but god, the range on it.

Vaclav

That's quite far in though. Honestly Mace/Homoculus Mace if you preordered are the best strike with any real range for most of the game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Finally started playing my PC copy and jesus this game runs so much better than it did on PS3, looks great too.

1:25 in, lvl 22, dragonrider down, path to last giant open. So much more fun this time.

Needless

Toe Sucker
God damn how embarrassing, i keep dying on the chariot boss.. that thing is piss easy -_-
gotta love not being able to take a hit having base vit/end as a sorcerer lol

had to stop MLG pro running through everything and just wait it out and slowly kill the necro/skeles first.. on my melee playthrough i just ran through him, the skeles, pulled the lever and 420 blazed all of them at once lol

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is it just me or are the default gamepad buttons stupid using a ds4 on the pc version? Better yet, I can't seem to rebind them, only the keyboard buttons...

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Christ, people, spend $15 on the gamepad that is basically designed for windows games. $15 = end of all problems and bitching

Xbox 360 Controller Wired Black | eBay

I've now played both dark souls, every Assassins Creed game, and every Batman Arkham game with a 360 controller, and never even once did I have to mess with a single setting or binding. Never any drivers to load, no software, nothing. Plug it in and play. Thats it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah wired controller worked great.
I didn't finish my 360 playthrough, but i probably should have.. i'll go back and do that. Just finised it on the PC anyway
fun stuff!

Sorcery is definitely OP in PVE, any time i knew i'd get invaded i would pop on the dark fog hex and wreck people with that stupidly OP pvp spell lol
Poisoned.. wait for them to try and heal, rev up that dark orb.

Nope sorry son, you're done.