Dark Souls 3

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Welp watching some streams, this game looks great. Bloodborne engine, dark souls 1 movesets, mana bar; looks like a culmination of all the previous souls games.

Column_sl

shitlord
I got to admit im pretty happy right now. After playing through all the souls games for the first time this year I'm ready to dive into the next chapter.

First impressions 30fps sucks ass, and it definitely feels very Bloodborney.

Still liking it very much tho. The Beta seems to be missing things like leveling up, and inventory select.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You know you love Dark Souls when you are happy that you died. Fuck I love the challenge even though I'm not that sober! lol

The definitely did a cross between between BB and DS which I'm not happy about. Flasking seems VERY Bloodborne though not as fast but it's much faster than Dark Souls. I honestly thought they would keep the two series very separate in terms of gameplay.

I disappointed in the framerate. It looks so smooth in what they've shown in trailers but in game it's terrible.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That's because they're running the trailers on PC's, like every other trailer that wants to show awesome framerate for console games.

Araxen

That's because they're running the trailers on PC's, like every other trailer that wants to show awesome framerate for console games.
Yeah, now it's obvious. It sucks because Dark Souls 1 or 2 @ 60fps is a joy to play. Sub 60 play while fun is meh and I don't have the money to scrub together a new PC. Yeah I have some time but I have a ton of other shit going on when this hits that it just won't be possible. ><

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Just some random thoughts and observations. Mobs recover a lot faster then I expected. Those axe guys threw me off with how quick they recovered from their overhead smash attack as did the fatty in the courtyard but he was at least easy to back stab repeatedly. Shielded mobs have some new moves for those that like to turn dodge without rolling; made me laugh when I got popped in the chin by them. Finding the shortcut back to the bonfire with no estus left and seeing the dragon I passed earlier in the distance made me way happier then it should of. Falling seems to me more forgiving like in Demon Souls. Couldn't quite figure out all the bosses patterns in my few attempts but her range is ridiculous. In phase two I think the extended shadow whirlwind covers about 3/4 the room. Thankfully the load time is no where near as bad as Bloodborne at launch so got a few tries in before switching to sun bro mode. Put my summon sign outside the boss area to help a few people out and the lag was pretty bad the two times I did it with 4. I'd be right inside the boss swinging with nothing registering followed by a loss of some health and the boss in another corner. When duoing it didn't seem bad at all. Didn't really notice too much of a penalty between 2 and 4 players on the boss but hard to pay attention to the hits with how quick the fight goes. Game crashed on me after killing the boss as a phantom and now I can't get back in but it's a stress test so can't be mad.

Column_sl

shitlord
I just hope that isnt the type of boss we see in the rest of game. Random dude in a room is what made Worst Souls 2 boring.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I just hope that isnt the type of boss we see in the rest of game. Random dude in a room is what made Worst Souls 2 boring.
It got comical by the time you got to the castle, 2x dragon slayers right before a big knight with a mirror shield, demon frog which while different was a joke even on NG+7, another dragon slayer right outside the mist that had the big knight with the dark mace, naked big guy that you could hug to death and if you went back into the castle after you took naked guy's ring you had the knight guy and knight lady who healed each other.

Araxen

Just some random thoughts and observations. Mobs recover a lot faster then I expected. Those axe guys threw me off with how quick they recovered from their overhead smash attack as did the fatty in the courtyard but he was at least easy to back stab repeatedly. Shielded mobs have some new moves for those that like to turn dodge without rolling; made me laugh when I got popped in the chin by them. Finding the shortcut back to the bonfire with no estus left and seeing the dragon I passed earlier in the distance made me way happier then it should of. Falling seems to me more forgiving like in Demon Souls. Couldn't quite figure out all the bosses patterns in my few attempts but her range is ridiculous. In phase two I think the extended shadow whirlwind covers about 3/4 the room. Thankfully the load time is no where near as bad as Bloodborne at launch so got a few tries in before switching to sun bro mode. Put my summon sign outside the boss area to help a few people out and the lag was pretty bad the two times I did it with 4. I'd be right inside the boss swinging with nothing registering followed by a loss of some health and the boss in another corner. When duoing it didn't seem bad at all. Didn't really notice too much of a penalty between 2 and 4 players on the boss but hard to pay attention to the hits with how quick the fight goes. Game crashed on me after killing the boss as a phantom and now I can't get back in but it's a stress test so can't be mad.
I'm drunk I can't read this... ugh.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm on the east coast, so was too late to really play for long. Graphics look fantastic. All I've ever played on was consoles for the Soul games, so framerate was typical. Roll animation was weird.

Column_sl

shitlord
This is my final impression of the beta after sleeping on it. If someone were tell me that it was the Bloodborne DLC I wouldn't have known much of a difference.

Think it really comes down to Dank souls 1, and Demon souls were more RPGy in their action versus the Bloodborne, and DS3 beta which is more hack and slashy.

Still very excited to play it tho. Not like Bloodborne is a bad game, it just isn't BestSouls 1.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nonsense, Bloodborne >>>>> all Souls except Demon's.

DkS3 beta was ok. Started late and only got to play for an hour, but I'll give it another shot tonight with a different character. First impression was that it seemed like just more of the same, except prettier. I definitely did not feel like the combat was anything like Bloodborne at all though. Bloodborne is so much faster paced than that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Column_sl

shitlord
Nonsense, Bloodborne >>>>> all Souls except Demon's.
Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Says the guy that just got into souls games this year.

Bloodborne was the pinnacle of their games.

• 1Solidarity

Araxen

Uh no.. I still play both Dark Souls games. I haven't touched Bloodbourne since I beat it. I didn't even play through NG+ and I've played through NG++++ numerous times in both Souls games.

Bloodborne is great but it isn't their pinnacle.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'll grant you that Bloodborne doesn't have as long of a tail as the Dark Souls series, but I agree with Noodle that it is the superior game. Dark Souls can only be made better by incorporating the strongest components of Bloodborne's gameplay.

• 1Solidarity

Column_sl

shitlord

Which means I have the freshest perspective on it not banking on nostalgia.

Darksouls was a work of art, Bloodborne was just a game..

A game that was short, and most people don't want to replay again.