Dark Souls 3

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Bloodborne was better than 98% of games out there. Dark Souls and Demons Souls all fit in that top 2% though.

Bloodborne was an excellent game but it had some serious flaws. There is no build diversity. No real magic system. And a lot of bosses are simply dodging one-hit kill attacks while getting hits in to keep yourself topped off from incidental, splash, damage. Some people may love the story and lore behind the game but I find it annoying. The world is rich and well developed and I don't expect my hand to be held to know what's going on but I would have preferred a bit more Lore spelled out for me.

Of the actual Souls games 2 was clearly the worst. But even the worst Souls game is better than nearly every other game out there. Ironically I probably spent more time on 2 than the others though just because it's so big once you factor in all the DLC.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Which means I have the freshest perspective on it not banking on nostalgia.

Darksouls was a work of art, Bloodborne was just a game..

A game that was short, and most people don't want replay again.
Nah, your perspective just sucks. What does nostalgia have to do with saying that a new game is better than an old one? That's like the exact opposite of nostalgia.

Fuck replay "value" anyway. The last thing I need is another game to replay when I have dozens of games in my backlog. I've never understood why anyone values that at all, unless they only buy 2 games a year. Still got at least a hundred hours out of Bloodborne, which is more time than I put into DkS and DkS2 combined. Only about a third of how much I played Demon's Souls though. If any game in the series is a work of art, it was that one.

Back of the topic of DkS3, came out of the second night feeling a bit more positive about the game. The boss was nothing special, just another multi-phase fight that was moderately challenging playing the game with premade characters, but would likely be trivial if you could actually level up. It was still fun though, and the beta test map ended up being quite a bit larger than I expected. There's one more mini-boss after the boss too, but I ran out of time again because I missed a key for a long time. The combat mechanics seem massively improved over DkS2. 360 degree pivot tracking is mostly gone, I think the most I saw something pivot on me when I rolled too early was about 120 degrees. I was a big fan of the dual scimitar move set too, after 3 games the rest of the weapons are getting pretty damn boring.

Column_sl

shitlord
Nah, your perspective just sucks. What does nostalgia have to do with saying that a new game is better than an old one? That's like the exact opposite of nostalgia.

Fuck replay "value" anyway. The last thing I need is another game to replay when I have dozens of games in my backlog. I've never understood why anyone values that at all, unless they only buy 2 games a year. Still got at least a hundred hours out of Bloodborne, which is more time than I put into DkS and DkS2 combined. Only about a third of how much I played Demon's Souls though. If any game in the series is a work of art, it was that one.
Considering your terrible taste in video games over the years, and that the vocal majority telling you that you are wrong in your selection in this very thread.

I officially announce Dark Souls as the winner.

Also LOL, at praising that terrible boss from the DS3 beta. Literally another humanoid in a room with almost no gimmicks same as every boss in Dark Souls 2. ( ROFL he just edited out his comments when he realized how dumb he sounded, now the boss is nothing special)

Lord Rerolled I think at this point we can officially say we are very glad Vorph is nowhere near any type of game design.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Every game in the Souls family is better than the last, this includes Bloodborne. DS1 has a powerful setting, possibly the best but the controls of the game are stiff compared to DS2 and make movement feel unresponsive and unfulfilling. DS2 even feels stiff by Bloodborne standards. Each game moves forward in terms of actual gameplay though other elements are up for debate.

Vaclav

Considering your terrible taste in video games over the years, and that the vocal majority telling you that you are wrong in your selection in this very thread.

I officially announce Dark Souls as the winner.

Also LOL, at praising that terrible boss from the DK3 beta. Literally another humanoid in a room with almost no gimmicks same as every boss in Dark Souls 2. ( ROFL he just edited out his comments when he realized how dumb he sounded, now the boss is nothing special)

Lord Rerolled I think at this point we can officially say we are very glad Vorph is nowhere near any type of game design.
You already lost at being the Asshat of the Year for 2015 - it's far too early to start lobbying for 2016, people are going to forget. May want to dial it back.

More on topic though, there's pros and cons to basically all the games - one thing I really enjoyed with Bloodborne was dialed back emphasis on PVP and less potential to cheese encounters - no shield camping was a nice change too.

As someone that was regularly a mage/shield type most of my Souls characters it was nice having to change entirely to an aggressive mode I was unaccustomed to. That said, the game still isn't my favorite of the batch, but it's probably my #2 if I really break things down. (DkS1 > BB > DkS2 > DeS is what I think I'd come down to)

[And no opinions on DkS3 beta BTW - I didn't get in]

Column_sl

shitlord
You already lost at being the Asshat of the Year for 2015 - it's far too early to start lobbying for 2016, people are going to forget. May want to dial it back.
You lost as well my dear Vaclav, so on that end take your own advice. ;}

Also putting DS2 over demon souls should auto win you asshat of the year...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I say it's their pinnacle it's like 1% better than dark souls 1 to me, with dark souls 2 and demons souls right behind that. It's comparing the best to the best.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Bloodborne doesn't even have ARMOR, much less BLOCKING. It's not the superior game. It has superior graphics. The gameplay is several large steps back from DS1 and DS.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Don't let fancy graphics and impressive bosses (that can all be beaten by charging them and going to their left!) blind you.

Column_sl

shitlord
I still can't believe three people in this thread actually rated DS2 over Demon Souls.

You would think it be unanimous that WorstSouls2 would be in last place.

Vorph

Uh, I edited my post once to add that entire paragraph, so fuck you. Do you really think I care what one of the worst shit-posters on this forum has to say about me?

Yes, the boss was generic, yet another dragon landing on a tower and breathing fire down below was extremely eye-rolling, and copy/pasting movesets from the previous games onto the 'knight' mobs is weak. Don't really care about any of that in the beta though, what I went in looking for was an improvement to the combat mechanics and I see some pretty significant changes there. Pivot being mostly gone is great. Hitboxes are much closer to the actual size/shape of the models than ever before. Dual scimitars had a good moveset, the rest of the weapons were the same old yawnfest. Disappointing that we didn't get to see any of the new combo mechanics they've talked about. Overall, it made me decide to get the game. (Compared to Dark Souls 2 network test that convinced me to cancel my preorder and rent it instead, and in the end I was very glad I did that.)

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Try DS2 on the PS4 with all of the fixes and DLC. Random Souls 2 is a better game than Bloodborne.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Column_sl

shitlord
Uh, I edited my post once to add that entire paragraph, so fuck you. Do you really think I care what one of the worst shit-posters on this forum has to say about me?
Obviously you care because you are still commentating on it.

And you aren't fooling anyone. You went from saying that Boss was a good fight to nothing special...

But please tell us again why BB was so much better then BestSouls 1, lmao.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Bloodborne was absolutely better than DKS2. Level design, combat mechanics, and difficulty all were better in BB. That's not to say there weren't certain aspects of DKS2 that were better (mainly flasks and magic system).

Not going to comment on DKS1 and Demon souls since they were so long ago it would be hard to make a good comparison anyways

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Bloodborne doesn't even have ARMOR, much less BLOCKING. It's not the superior game. It has superior graphics. The gameplay is several large steps back from DS1 and DS.
Blocking was the fucking worst part of dark souls. Should be called block-and-strafe-to-the-right souls

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Column_sl

shitlord
Bloodborne was absolutely better than DKS2. Level design, combat mechanics, and difficulty all were better in BB. That's not to say there weren't certain aspects of DKS2 that were better (mainly flasks and magic system).

Not going to comment on DKS1 and Demon souls since they were so long ago it would be hard to make a good comparison anyways
I liked BB much better then Worst Souls 2.

Worst Souls just had no soul. It was lifeless, and boring. DLC wasn't bad tho.