Dark Souls 3

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Any word as to whether Miyazaki is spearheading this? Dark Souls 2 was just fine without him, but I'd still prefer to know he's at the helm.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Will probably end up as my GOTY 2016. Don't even know what could compete with it that is due in 2016. Love these games so much.

Now FROM needs to take the money from their sales of DS1-3 and Bloodborne and buy out the rights for Dragons Dogma.

2016 - Dark Souls 3
2017 - Bloodborne 2
2018 - Dragon's Dogma 2
2019 - Dark Souls 4

and so on.
Its a little early to crown a game you know very little about besides its lineage against games you don't even know.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've played Dark Souls 2, so that's enough to make me agree with him. Skeptical at least until they announce whether it's Miyazaki or the B-team.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I guess he's right, Dark Souls 2 1/2 could come out in the same year, right before.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All I want is Bloodborne 2.
frown.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm interested in seeing how they're going to balance making your own moveset (if the leaks prove true). Also, why have so many new weapons if that's the case?

Hopefully they have more than just scant details for their E3 reveal.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Naughty Dog has a crew of alchemist programmers that consistently coax more out of limited material than I'd consider possible, they hire better writers and actors than any other gaming dev that I can think of, and everything they release is innovative enough and polished enough to force me to reevaluate the possibilities of gaming as a medium.

They haven't, however, ever released anything that remotely approaches the heights attained by even the worst Souls game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm interested in seeing how they're going to balance making your own moveset (if the leaks prove true). Also, why have so many new weapons if that's the case?

Hopefully they have more than just scant details for their E3 reveal.
This is what I'm curious about...part of the balance in the weapon system IS the move set. It's why a lower damage and even slower attack weapon can sometimes still be better than a weapon that numerically is superior. It's one of the best aspects of DS because it really makes you think.

If the moves are pushed onto the player, then it would seem that the balance between weapons becomes a lot more prone to simply grabbing the highest damage weapons. Unless they are going to balance all moves with unique interactions with all weapons....which if they do, fucking bravo. But I doubt it.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I took the "sword fighting arts" thing to essentially be "spells for melee characters," rather than building your own move set for your weapon, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I think they are interested in the possibility of giving people the ability to say, parry with a dagger on L2 or if you choose you can select a heavy attack with it instead. Obviously no one knows, but I think something like that (and probably much more fleshed out/properly designed) is likely.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't expect Bloodbourne's freedom of healing in DS3. I honestly think they will try to keep the two separate because if they don't why would they ever make another Bloodbourne sequel. The slower pace of Dark Souls needs to stay. The faster pace will belong to the Bloodbourne series.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I agree, and hope they keep the IPs separate. No reason to cannibalize, each series has its strengths/weaknesses.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
One thing I do hope they'll lift from Bloodborne is using the dash-dodge rather than the roll (probably slowed down from what it is in BB). Sure, it's just an aesthetic thing, but after seeing the change in Bloodborne, rolling seems a little goofy (cue the "dark souls" MMA gif).

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Its a little early to crown a game you know very little about besides its lineage against games you don't even know.
Note I said "my" though. Not it will be reviewed as such.

For me, the Souls games hit that perfect spot. Very large, difficult, but skill based fantasy games. They feature very high rewards of exploration, with both items, bosses, areas and lore.

I agree with DoctorSpooge that said

Naughty Dog has a crew of alchemist programmers that consistently coax more out of limited material than I'd consider possible, they hire better writers and actors than any other gaming dev that I can think of, and everything they release is innovative enough and polished enough to force me to reevaluate the possibilities of gaming as a medium.

They haven't, however, ever released anything that remotely approaches the heights attained by even the worst Souls game.
If I were to list my favorite games of all time, it would include many individual titles, but the "FromSoftware formula" would stand on its own with games comparable only to each other and Dragon's Dogma. So not really too early to crown Dark Souls 3 as my GOTY 2016 as it is in a genre of games I enjoy more than any other.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
God I just fucking came in my pants. To be honest they should drop pc altogether. They do terrible ports