Dark Souls 3

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since I've never played a DS game due to how the games animations bothered me (seem slow / chunky), and now having played (and truly enjoyed) Bloodborne, I hope DS3 has the same fluid combat animations, would be amazing to have a game with the DS series depth, plus BB combat (aside from healing).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Coming back to this, apparently more shit was leaked and it does say Early 2016 for the planned release date.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
DS3-IGN-FINAL.jpg

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I really enjoyed bloodborne, I've yet to get into a dark souls game despite playing them both. They feel incredibly clunky to me. I hope they can address that in this next one.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
If this actually releases in early 2016 I will be blown the fuck away. Excited.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed bloodborne, I've yet to get into a dark souls game despite playing them both. They feel incredibly clunky to me. I hope they can address that in this next one.
I'm not sure what you would be referring to as clunky since Bloodborne is essentially Dark Souls without shields.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I think he mean that the character feel nimble and the animation flow very well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dark Souls1/2 isn't clunky in any way unless you load yourself down in weight or something.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think he mean that the character feel nimble and the animation flow very well.
I'm not trying to be a dick, but I just don't see it. While I appreciate that everyone has different tastes, it strikes me as odd that someone would love only one of a series of three games that are, mechanically speaking, extremely similar (mechanics including nimble-ness and animation flow). Hell, when Scholar of the First Sin came out I played a light armor 2handed build, and it played just like Bloodborne. The only exception is that I had to dodge hits since I couldn't get my health back by counterattacking.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm actually sad, I'd hate to see this turn into a yearly franchise ala Assassins Creed, CoD, Battlefield etc. Oh well, here's to Dark Souls 2016.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually sad, I'd hate to see this turn into a yearly franchise ala Assassins Creed, CoD, Battlefield etc. Oh well, here's to Dark Souls 2016.
I'd love to see this turn into a yearly franchise. Arbitrarily extending release windows doesn't make a game better, and From has yet to just push shit out the door to get it out. If DS3 suffers from yearly-franchiseitis, I'll happily agree with you. But Bloodborne was very good and released only a year after DS2.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
srsly contemplating pirating it if it hits PC. Still majorly pissed about them not giving a fuck about the durability glitch until it also hit their console customers.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't get through DS2 because I was so disappointed in the game environments. What made DS1 so enjoyable was getting through tough content and being rewarded with an amazing new world to explore. In DS2 I got to the spider queen and can't remember a single environment I thought was that cool. Actually I take that back, the 'home base' you have is a cool zone because of the outstretched water.

I'll probably replay it after a few times, but with low hopes. I also didn't like any of the builds, but I'm sure there's some that are powerful and fun I didn't play yet.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not trying to be a dick, but I just don't see it. While I appreciate that everyone has different tastes, it strikes me as odd that someone would love only one of a series of three games that are, mechanically speaking, extremely similar (mechanics including nimble-ness and animation flow). Hell, when Scholar of the First Sin came out I played a light armor 2handed build, and it played just like Bloodborne. The only exception is that I had to dodge hits since I couldn't get my health back by counterattacking.
Obviously you have the experience with DS games that I do not, but to me when I would watch Twitch streams of DS2 Sins and Bloodborne, the difference in animation smoothness was pretty big.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd love to see this turn into a yearly franchise. Arbitrarily extending release windows doesn't make a game better, and From has yet to just push shit out the door to get it out. If DS3 suffers from yearly-franchiseitis, I'll happily agree with you. But Bloodborne was very good and released only a year after DS2.
That schedule only worked because Miyazaki moved over to lead Bloodborne development after the DkS1 DLC was done, and the B-team was put together to develop DkS2. He has also said in interviews that he has no interest in making endless Dark Souls sequels, so I won't be surprised at all if it turns out that he isn't working on DkS3 either.

And I agree with Kedwyn. It was hard enough to adjust to the change from Demon's to Dark Souls, but the difference between Bloodborne and Dark Souls is on a whole different level. I don't want them to just slap BB combat into Souls though, they need to improve it in other ways.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Yearly releases seem to me to be ideal until they're proven not to be. If it turns out to be a half-assed endeavor, they'll need to decelerate series development. I'd certainly love a new Souls every year, though.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I said this in the BB thread, but it is (for me at least) the weakest of the series. The twitch gameplay, the linear progression, the limited enemy types, the erratic hit boxes, and the silly difficulty progression curve all put me off. The complete lack of replay value hurts, too. I mean, pick any souls game and you can replay it with different gear and have a completely different experience. Having said that, even though BB is From's weakest game (again my opinion) its still better than 90% of the shit out there and I do not regret making a day one purchase of it in any way. I just hope that DS3 does not adopt the twitch play and gutted gear of BB. Keep the two franchises separate.

Unlike some, I actually really enjoyed the different sprawling environments of DS2 (esp with the DLC) and the difficulty curve seemed exactly spot on, without any need to farm for health/levels periodically like other entries in the series had. I think if there is some customization in move sets, they will solve the weapon balance problems. Really, the biggest flaw in DS2 was having a lot of weapons be useless due to the DUR bug or gimped move sets. And for the love of god don't adopt the horrid online play of BB. DS2 had the best online co-op and pvp model of the entire franchise.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
I said this in the BB thread, but it is (for me at least) the weakest of the series. The twitch gameplay, the linear progression, the limited enemy types, the erratic hit boxes, and the silly difficulty progression curve all put me off. The complete lack of replay value hurts, too. I mean, pick any souls game and you can replay it with different gear and have a completely different experience. Having said that, even though BB is From's weakest game (again my opinion) its still better than 90% of the shit out there and I do not regret making a day one purchase of it in any way. I just hope that DS3 does not adopt the twitch play and gutted gear of BB. Keep the two franchises separate.

Unlike some, I actually really enjoyed the different sprawling environments of DS2 (esp with the DLC) and the difficulty curve seemed exactly spot on, without any need to farm for health/levels periodically like other entries in the series had. I think if there is some customization in move sets, they will solve the weapon balance problems. Really, the biggest flaw in DS2 was having a lot of weapons be useless due to the DUR bug or gimped move sets. And for the love of god don't adopt the horrid online play of BB. DS2 had the best online co-op and pvp model of the entire franchise.
I agree with most of what you are saying, Bloodborne multiplayer was a step in the wrong direction. I never could get summoning to work well, and only invaded a few times. In DS2 there was very few times that I didn't multiplay, either invading or being a sunbro.

What I did like in BB is the improvement in gameplay. After playing my initial play through of BB, then loading up PS4 DS2 port, it seemed so slow. Even playing with a 2her and trying to rush everything wasn't as fluid as BB.

If they can combine some of these elements, such as fast paced fluid movement and gameplay. Maybe redesign the shield mechanic so you can't use it as a way to hide. Also have good reason for summoning and invading. I think DS3 will be the best game yet.