Dark Souls 3

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was bored and thought it'd be fun to mess around with invasion... what is this bullshit? I did like 5 or so and each one the host had like three helpers following him around. No way am I accomplishing anything 1 v 4. Then the 6th one he had the Golden summon guy and killed him then almost had the Host guy dead and some other random dude shows up and kills me without warning.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was bored and thought it'd be fun to mess around with invasion... what is this bullshit? I did like 5 or so and each one the host had like three helpers following him around. No way am I accomplishing anything 1 v 4. Then the 6th one he had the Golden summon guy and killed him then almost had the Host guy dead and some other random dude shows up and kills me without warning.
Depending on your covenant when you invade you can have more than 1 "friend" helping you invade as well. Got into a 2 vs 2 pvp battle yesterday, it was pretty fun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep, that's why I started over.

I made an oopsie.
Right, but you said "don't heal the darksign until you've exhausted the NPC" and the ideal thing to do is to never heal it at all. Just clarifying so that people don't think it's safe (if you want to go down that road) to do once NPC#2 shows up.

I'm hoping that clearing out Hallowing is ok because I hate my character looking like a fucking zombie.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Depending on your covenant when you invade you can have more than 1 "friend" helping you invade as well. Got into a 2 vs 2 pvp battle yesterday, it was pretty fun.
Ah, I have no idea how any of that works, just wanted to kill some nerds. Plus the lag was so bad you had to predict the future and pray you connected with the opponent.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Right, but you said "don't heal the darksign until you've exhausted the NPC" and the ideal thing to do is to never heal it at all. Just clarifying so that people don't think it's safe (if you want to go down that road) to do once NPC#2 shows up.

I'm hoping that clearing out Hallowing is ok because I hate my character looking like a fucking zombie.
Gotcha, yeah the video I watched said it was okay to do it after you had exhausted the NPC.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Well fuck.... just looked that up and I think I screwed the pooch.
He asked me to kill him so I did, then he he was all like "why did you kill me, bro? Not cool" This game has me paranoid, I wasn't taking any chances. In hindsight I may have jumped the gun, but it doesn't really help that they pause.
After.
Every.
Sentence.

Guess I will just save that quest for ng+ =/

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Good night so far. Beat the dog boss. Helped a few people and freed the guy from jail. Taking a quick break to watch the wild get their ass kicked and playing inbetween periods.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure you don't want to heal the dark sigil ever. Removing Hallowing is ok (I think).

Yuria leaves immediately if you heal the dark sigil. Also, you have to get all 5 levels from Yoel prior to killing Abyss Watchers or else you lose the rest and the quest breaks.
Correct. Using a purging stone is fine.

Also, where are all the invasions at? I'll sit in a zone embered up and ready to fight yet no one ever comes in to my game
frown.png

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I require some advice.

I preorderd this a on black friday so its in my hands right now, but i never even started DS2 (ps4 edition) which has been on my backlog list for a while. I loved and 100%'d Bloodborne, but never finised DS1. Should i power through DS2 before i start this? Will DS2 be less enjoyable if i go back later?

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I require some advice.

I preorderd this a on black friday so its in my hands right now, but i never even started DS2 (ps4 edition) which has been on my backlog list for a while. I loved and 100%'d Bloodborne, but never finised DS1. Should i power through DS2 before i start this? Will DS2 be less enjoyable if i go back later?
Yes.

edit: Well, I dunno. DS2 will certainly be less enjoyable, but even as the worst in the series it's still phenomenal. Problem is it's also really fucking long, and you won't be able to get swept up in DS3 launch rapture if you start with its predecessor. So I have no fucking idea, honestly. I'd probably start with 2 if you are at all interested in playing it, though.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Imo the list is now DS1 > DS3 > Bloodborne > DS2.

All games are great, but there was something about DS1 that was just magical (and no, it was not my first souls game. DS2 was)

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Imo the list is now DS1 > DS3 > Bloodborne > DS2.

All games are great, but there was something about DS1 that was just magical (and no, it was not my first souls game. DS2 was)
Hierarchy pending for me. I'll probably replay them all once I'm done with this one. For now, my list is the same except BB = DS2, both of which are better than pretty much any other non-Souls game.

Demon's is..complicated. Ranking them based on how much I enjoyed them at the time, it's #1. But it hasn't aged well.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Running around I found a ice sword of some sort in the sewer area and opened up a new area with these annoying archangel/gargoyle creatures.......skipped the tree boss for now but I made it to phase 2 before i homeward boned my ass outta there (started the fight with 2 estus and was almost dead).

I really feel they did a great job following the world and atmosphere of dark souls 1. The world is just so beautiful and full of tons of shortcuts / hidden loot. I havent even found any illusory walls yet. Avoiding spoilers til my 2nd playthrough and having a blast.

This game is so good and Im glad I'm only 5 hours into it. Taking my sweet time.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hierarchy pending for me. I'll probably replay them all once I'm done with this one. For now, my list is the same except BB = DS2, both of which are better than pretty much any other non-Souls game.

Demon's is..complicated. Ranking them based on how much I enjoyed them at the time, it's #1. But it hasn't aged well.
Demon's is actually unplayable. I never had a PS3 back in the day so I bought a used copy about a year ago to give it a try and...yea. I think it averages like 15fps and looks like a foot? I lasted a couple hours but could't do it. Seemed like nearly every fight you dropping to what felt like single digit fps, was just miserable.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Demon's is actually unplayable. I never had a PS3 back in the day so I bought a used copy about a year ago to give it a try and...yea. I think it averages like 15fps and looks like a foot? I lasted a couple hours but could't do it. Seemed like nearly every fight you dropping to what felt like single digit fps, was just miserable.
Christ, really? Tried it again right after the first Dark Souls with the intention of going for the platinum and its technical limitations disuaded me within a few hours, but that was back in 2011. If the framerate goes as low as you claim, there's no way anybody sane could enjoy it in 2016 - which is a tragedy, because as abstruse as its lore and mechanics are, they're still some of the most interesting ever conceived. Rerelease/remake, please!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I definitely like the shorter parry/shield bash animations to prevent (most?) weapon swap abuse, pvp seems solid if you keep your black separation crystal handy for 3+ man gank squads. I just do my best to stall through mobs and go for kills. When I run out of Estus/hp/mobs... cya!

30 mound bros kills!

Now to figure out if its best to stick with fire enchant or go to one of the physical ones so I can cast dark weapon, a testing I will go... I think I preferred Dark Souls 2 in how I could just cast weapon buff on whatever I wanted, but I am admittedly quite naive to how all this plays out atm