Dark Souls 3

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Much more gratifying to watch them die when they think you're going to help. Even if they are good enough to win you're making the fight much harder just by being in their game. Fuck those guys.
Yep. I separated the first time. Watched them die all the others. Horrible waste of time yet oddly gratifying for the soul.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Those fuckin big knight dudes with the maces and greatshields (they holy up their mace ) should be bosses
I just move towards them and circle them waiting for them to whiff with the shield smash then backstab, roll behind them twice if they start swinging and then hit them after they swing twice the third should whiff.

khalid

Unelected Mod
There is a pretty good opening after she does her 7-hit spin combo thing. So it was really just a lot of patience in waiting for her to do that. Alternatively you can use those pillars that don't break, she can still swipe you through them but really has a hard time navigating around them.
Thanks for the tips, will give them a shot. Got pretty frustrated last night dealing with it. Gave up and tried some co-op and pvp for the first time and got abunch of levels from that, so turned out good in the end. Hopefully I can get him tomorrow!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Spent all day yesterday plowing back to where I was before, this time without making a million tiny errors that screwed up the Hollow and Siegward and the Priestess questlines, and now I'm up to
Anor Londo and beyond
. Currently working on one of the "secret" zones. I locked in the best ending already.

Now I'm in a good position to finish this sucker off.

I'm torn on how I feel about this one. Its not better than Dark Souls 1. It is better in many ways over Dark Souls 2, but the size and scope is probably smaller. I dunno. Obviously I love everything about it in broad strokes, but where I'm conflicted is where I rate it in comparison to the rest of the series and Bloodbourne.

I feel like Bloodbourne had a much stronger visual element that really tied everything together better. Different setting entirely, I know, but still. Because of that, and the sheer size and scale of Bloodbourne, I think I probably rank it higher than this one, but its a tough call.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Most intense moment I've had in game so far included my brother and I fighting off 5 invaders in a row in that damn Aldrich area. Was so fun.
Stay the fuck out of my church yo.

Rewards for the Alrich covenant are pretty crap, but the pvp is constant and pretty fun at least.

The irithyll or however you spell it straight sword just rapes so far. Gigantic reach for a straightsword, solid damage, and the frostbite really fucks people when all their stamina vanishes after 3 hits and they can't dodgeroll anymore. Really low stamina cost on swings too, I've been breaking people shield guards all day just spamming R1s.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
You could also just ignore your ocd and just say you like the games instead of forcing yourself to rank them for zero benefit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You could also just ignore your ocd and just say you like the games instead of forcing yourself to rank them for zero benefit.
I could, but then again, I could have also not ordered Demon Souls from Hong Kong 9 months before it released in the US and played it till my eyeballs bled and fell in love with this whole franchise before it was even a thing, either.

The things we do for love...

Column_sl

shitlord
I think what it came down to for me was the game over levels you so much throughout the play through that it trivializes a lot of the bosses.

I'm pretty sure they wanted it to be like that so people could play with the glut of stats, but they should have tuned the bosses better for it.

The yard trash, although is perfectly tuned.

Another thing is I feel like you heal abit to quickly.

Great Game, I would still rank it below Demon, and Dark souls tho.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I think what it came down to for me was the game over levels you so much throughout the play through that it trivializes a lot of the bosses.

I'm pretty sure they wanted it to be like that so people could play with the glut of stats, but they should have tuned the bosses better for it.

The yard trash, although is perfectly tuned.

Another thing is I feel like you heal abit to quickly.

Great Game, I would still rank it below Demon, and Dark souls tho.
I'm about to face Irithyll boss (Did Lake first) and thus far I'd agree. There hasn't been a boss that's killed me more than twice so far but I got humbled repeatedly by trash mobs in Smouldering Lake and the first part of Irithyll (the second half was considerably easier).

The underground cave in Smouldering Lake in particular prompted a few slammed fists on my desk.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I think the gameplay is way better than DS1, whose latter half was a cobbled-together mess. It's also mechanically superior, which is generally to be expected a console generation later. DS1 had some severe performance issues and frankly ran like ass, and it had more objectively bullshit parts such as Tomb of Giants and Bed of Chaos. The only thing in DS3 that I've found to be genuinely bad design are the jailers in Irithyll Dungeon, with their largely unavoidable life reduction mechanic that can reduce you to 1 hp, and their weird brand attack that hits on the first frame of the animation, interrupts everything, can't be interrupted, and makes them immune during the attack. They aren'tdifficultas such, just infuriating to fight because you typically have to heal after each one even if it never hit you, and because of that broken attack that doesn't obey the same rules as every other attack in the game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
raw astora straight sword carries you hard for the first part of the game until you get like 30+ luck to swap to anri's straight sword then its GG broken damage w/ bleed buffs.

watching some girl struggle 15+ times on the first boss because she spam rolls INTO the guys attacks. Lmao, ayyy grill strums

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't been able to play too much because of kid stuff, but finally getting into this a bit. Frozen boss only took 3 tries I think, tried and tested strategy on him. Giant tree was super easy, killed it first try. I know I have an assraping waiting for me somewhere.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I think the gameplay is way better than DS1, whose latter half was a cobbled-together mess. It's also mechanically superior, which is generally to be expected a console generation later. DS1 had some severe performance issues and frankly ran like ass, and it had more objectively bullshit parts such as Tomb of Giants and Bed of Chaos.
Agreed. My opinion: DS3 > DS2 > DS1 >>>>>>> Bloodborne.

The only thing in DS3 that I've found to be genuinely bad design are the jailers in Irithyll Dungeon, with their largely unavoidable life reduction mechanic that can reduce you to 1 hp
Roll behind them.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just beat the game this morning, but apparently I missed 3 bosses so going back and killing them before new game plus. I would rate it as easymode in coop, the bosses just dont really stand out as difficult. Going to do an offline run next to compare.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah thats ok though, lots of game still to be had
smile.png