Dark Souls 3

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I asked this question before but I forgot the answer. I'm done Dark Souls. What's next? Dark Souls II or Scholar of Sin? And what's the difference between II and Scholar of Sin?
SOTFS is the "remastered" version they released for the PS4 and Xbone (DS2 was a PS3 360 game), it features a few changes which were generally considered positive, introduced 60 FPS, and therefore the 60 FPS bug to consoles that was already affecting the 60 FPS capable PC version DS2 standard, and because it now affected their valued PS4 fanbase, From gave enough of a shit to fix it while before they told PC players complaining about the bug to fuck off.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
To the people bitching about getting summoned for the dancer instead of vordt... Isn't there a level disparity limit for summons? You're probably too high lvl for anyone that hasn't already killed vordt unless I'm misunderstanding this mechanic.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
To the people bitching about getting summoned for the dancer instead of vordt... Isn't there a level disparity limit for summons? You're probably too high lvl for anyone that hasn't already killed vordt unless I'm misunderstanding this mechanic.
I am SL 31 and have been summoned for Vordt many more times than the Dancer.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
3 points

1) find that ring in the tower behind the shrine that gives +20% to estus...
2) find that ring that gives you +10 to weight for those heavy swords/shields
3) using co-op to kill bosses feels like cheating to me. You should avoid it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The primary thing I have used the wiki for is to get a checklist of locations of estus shards and bones. And to make sure I don't miss an entire area / boss.

Looks like my zweihander wasn't buffed, but more like the claymore and others were buffed to match it. Sword and shield for trash, two hand for bosses has been the winning formula so far.

The main issue I'm having with greatswords is the animation lock is Dark Souls, but enemy recovery and attack combos are Bloodborne. So I get a clean hit or we trade blows, and now I'm standing there locked in place while the black knight continues his seven hit sword combo. I can pop a mob from behind with a max range lunge and they'll turn around and beat on me before I can even roll. Even if they stagger, they are able to attack while I'm still locked.

It makes me wonder if I'd be better off with a speedy weapon, or at least one to swap to for certain enemies.

WTB Ludwig's holy sword.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
That would make sense as most people fighting the dancer are a lot higher than 31.
Yep, which is why it pisses me off when asshats run all the way down the stairs to summon us lowbies in a fight we cannot possibly help with. The first time she destroyed me I started thinking that if she was the next boss that I was going to need to do some serious farming.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The primary thing I have used the wiki for is to get a checklist of locations of estus shards and bones. And to make sure I don't miss an entire area / boss.

Looks like my zweihander wasn't buffed, but more like the claymore and others were buffed to match it. Sword and shield for trash, two hand for bosses has been the winning formula so far.
Most 2H movesets are worse than their 1H+shield counterparts. You get a minor increase in damage in exchange for significantly increased stamina costs, as well as shittier range in most cases. Not so much with huge weapons but I have yet to see a 2H moveset for a straight sword, katana, or curved sword that doesn't suck so for that reason I keep my shield out even on bosses. That's ignoring weapons with built-in dual wield, but most of those suck for other reasons. Dancer swords even got buffed yesterday and they are still garbage tier.

The main issue I'm having with greatswords is the animation lock is Dark Souls, but enemy recovery and attack combos are Bloodborne. So I get a clean hit or we trade blows, and now I'm standing there locked in place while the black knight continues his seven hit sword combo. I can pop a mob from behind with a max range lunge and they'll turn around and beat on me before I can even roll. Even if they stagger, they are able to attack while I'm still locked.

It makes me wonder if I'd be better off with a speedy weapon, or at least one to swap to for certain enemies.

WTB Ludwig's holy sword.
That's exactly what made me go to katanas/straight swords instead of my Farron GS. Hyper armor is all kinds of messed up. You can stunlock the shit out of most enemies if you catch them flat-footed, but if they've started to swing their weapon then forget it. They have basically infinite poise and there's not a damn thing you can do to interrupt them. Players benefit from this in a sense, but not how one would expect. I don't think I've ever been stunlocked/staggered out of an animation in PVE, regardless of whether I am wearing cloth armor with 0 poise or the heaviest shit I can equip while staying under 70% (~25 poise, iirc). I tend to just wear brass armor because it has the highest physical mitigation at a reasonable carry weight. That I've found anyway, I can't say that I've checked every single set of armor, and fashion souls prevents me from considering any sort of mix & match abomination.

The best fast weapons do FAR more damage per bar of stamina, and in situations where it makes sense to only poke the boss 1-2 times they get left with plenty of stamina to block or roll away when the boss retaliates. If I was starting over from scratch, I'd probably choose Knight as my class like everyone else, and focus on a straight sword that can be buffed, while getting enough int/fai/att to cast buffs of each element. Or just go all-in on luck with Anri's sword.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I just use the basic Longsword. The Dark Sword doesn't stab on its R2, which is something I use often.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I was going to do DS2 before i played this game, but i said Hey lets watch the opening cinmatic....20 hours later.....this game rocks.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Dark sword is too short and it's R2 sucks yea, Lothric Knight sword is where it's at.

I'm finally at a point where titanite chunks are flowing like water and I have a few slabs to play with, so I've been dicking around with some of greatswords/ultras and man do they just all feel like butt. My Lothric Knight sword at refined +10 is ~420 damage at 35str/40dex, meanwhile Farrons is about ~550 damage at +5, Astora Greatsword refined +10 is about 570. Murakomo is in the 520ish range at +10 sharp. The issue is though that just isn't enough damage to justify using any of it. Even at 30 endurance you only get 2-3 mega slow swings per stamina bar with the greatswords/ultras, where as the Knight sword can put out 7 in the same amount of time and still have stamina left over for a roll.

Need to find a couple more slabs to test out some of the greathammers and axes to see if maybe they bring enough damage to justify it, but so far straightswords are where it's at.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dark sword is too short and it's R2 sucks yea, Lothric Knight sword is where it's at.

I'm finally at a point where titanite chunks are flowing like water and I have a few slabs to play with, so I've been dicking around with some of greatswords/ultras and man do they just all feel like butt. My Lothric Knight sword at refined +10 is ~420 damage at 35str/40dex, meanwhile Farrons is about ~550 damage at +5, Astora Greatsword refined +10 is about 570. Murakomo is in the 520ish range at +10 sharp. The issue is though that just isn't enough damage to justify using any of it. Even at 30 endurance you only get 2-3 mega slow swings per stamina bar with the greatswords/ultras, where as the Knight sword can put out 7 in the same amount of time and still have stamina left over for a roll.

Need to find a couple more slabs to test out some of the greathammers and axes to see if maybe they bring enough damage to justify it, but so far straightswords are where it's at.
Different strokes I guess. I've used Lothric Knight Sword my whole first playthrough, now on my second one I'm using Executioner's Greatsword and it's easymode. I've been slamming down skeletons all over the catacombs (fuck you ninja skellies) and now I'm staggering pontiff knights and fire maidens in Irythyll, and those mobs made me eat a lot of shit on my first character. I guess it helps that it was boosted in the last patch!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So my Hollowslayer's greatsword got buffed by 10%, which means I'll use that even more. I've also made a blessed mace for catacombs, and a Fire Battle Axe for those maggot enemies - they get stunlocked for over two seconds on a single hit. Idea came to me when I saw the Torch removed all maggots on you. Other than that I didn't find any weapons worth using.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Different strokes I guess. I've used Lothric Knight Sword my whole first playthrough, now on my second one I'm using Executioner's Greatsword and it's easymode. I've been slamming down skeletons all over the catacombs (fuck you ninja skellies) and now I'm staggering pontiff knights and fire maidens in Irythyll, and those mobs made me eat a lot of shit on my first character. I guess it helps that it was boosted in the last patch!
Is there a large difference between the executioners great sword and the Holy blade I bought with the Abyss souls?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone else try that butchers axe? S scale str at level 10 and it is a fast one hander.
It might become worth it for a mega str build, like 50+, but at my 35str/35dex it's just plain worse than dark sword and lothric knights sword.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I was a bit unhappy with how much stamina Zweihander was taking, but wasnt sure what other weapons were good.Based on this infothat showed the exiled greatsword being the best curved greatsword, decided to go with it. Compared to Zweihander it seems to hit as hard, but takes way less stamina. At 30 endurance I can swing it 4 times and still have extra to roll. Just got to +10(Sharp) with it and I can get up to a Lothric knight, wait until it has an opening and just stagger him until he is dead.