Dark Souls 3

Goonsquad Officer
68% of people that own Dark Souls on steam never even made it to the first bonfire, and only 12% got to the Lordvessel. Beating it is kind of a big deal :p
the abortion-based PC port was the big reason i never played dark souls 1 much farther than the prison. i briefly attempted to make it work with the fan patches, but for some reason my graphics kept loosing their mind and i quit.

dark souls 2 i did though! 2 play throughs on a sort of action game is rare for me.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
68% of people that own Dark Souls on steam never even made it to the first bonfire, and only 12% got to the Lordvessel. Beating it is kind of a big deal :p
Ha! I just finished Dark Souls 2. Only took me 138 hours.

I think I ended up enjoying DS2 more than DS1, despite it not having a connected world (which is one aspect I loved in DS1 and Demon's Souls). Never had a desire to play NG+ in any of them, though.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hasselbeck: Again, it's another Japanese-made video game trying to pollute the minds of young Americans. It just shows how everyone wants to undermine America in any way possible.

Kilmeade: That is a very good point.

Hasselbeck: Thank you. I know.

Lol

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I choose to believe that the quotes on that page were taken from the Onion, not a non-fiction news network. No one can be that out of touch, right? Right...?

Goladus_sl

shitlord
This is what I'm curious about...part of the balance in the weapon system IS the move set. It's why a lower damage and even slower attack weapon can sometimes still be better than a weapon that numerically is superior. It's one of the best aspects of DS because it really makes you think.

If the moves are pushed onto the player, then it would seem that the balance between weapons becomes a lot more prone to simply grabbing the highest damage weapons. Unless they are going to balance all moves with unique interactions with all weapons....which if they do, fucking bravo. But I doubt it.
You're probably right, but I do think it's possible. In DS1, each weapon category had a vanilla moveset, and then each weapon usually had one or more of the moves "replaced" with a special move, like the Claymore's R2. I could certainly envision a system where the weapon's special moves are optional and can be swapped in and out between battles.

And of course, there's a lot more depth to the weapons than just moveset and damage. Each weapon had different weight, scaling values, damage types, and poise drain, and stamina damage. The Scythe and Gargoyle halberd movesets are identical but there are many differences between them.

But yes, it does seem hard to imagine a system where you can customize movesets AND add 100 new weapons. Have to wait and see what the stat+damage system looks like though to really know.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fox News Confident Dark Souls is the Cause of Most School Shootings and Racism in America - Play4Real

I'm not saying Dark Souls ISN'T the cause of most school shootings and racism, but they got there a little differently than I did.
Not going to lie, I wouldn't be surprised if some killer's death letter said, "The fucking archer twins are impossible, this is bullshit and if I can't see the rest of Anor Londo I don't want to live anymore and don't want anyone else to live either."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
My first playthrough I must have died 40 times to those piles of shit, fuuuuck those guys.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck that. The toxic Pigmies made me want to murder people worse.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just get naked and run. Works everytime. Whole game is easy mode naked, tbh

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Eh, if I was going to go on a rampage over something in DS1, it'd probably be the fucking Kapra Demon. I'm actually currently in the midst of my first Dark Souls playthrough (DS2 was my first Souls game, and I wanted to go back and play DS1 before moving on to Bloodborne), and I only beat Kapra because the fucker got stuck on some geometry long enough to kill the dogs.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I ran past the archers first time np. I didn't even realize it was something that pissed people off until I read about it later. Guess I got lucky.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Archers didn't seem so bad. pretty sure I died the most to the fat ass in the basement of the asylum when I went back. Being naked definitely helped there. The invisible bitch in the painting was also annoying.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just stood in snow to watch her footprints, rolled around her and attacked a few times before running to another patch of snow. Archers I had to spend some time on, as even blocking their shit just knocked you off the ledge pretty often. Then I just went all samhain charge of death on them and literally just ran by every arrow and the guy on the right, so I could drop down. Subsequently, I use this method and parry kill both of those assholes instead of running by.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Fox News Confident Dark Souls is the Cause of Most School Shootings and Racism in America - Play4Real

I'm not saying Dark Souls ISN'T the cause of most school shootings and racism, but they got there a little differently than I did.
If you read the comments for that article, several people point out that the "quotes" are just a parody/satire. Problem is, it's completely believable that the fucktards at Fox News would actually say that shit, which is why people assume it's true. LOL

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Eh, if I was going to go on a rampage over something in DS1, it'd probably be the fucking Kapra Demon. I'm actually currently in the midst of my first Dark Souls playthrough (DS2 was my first Souls game, and I wanted to go back and play DS1 before moving on to Bloodborne), and I only beat Kapra because the fucker got stuck on some geometry long enough to kill the dogs.
The kapra demon took me a few deaths to kill, but I think it's easily the worst and laziest boss in Dark Souls.

It feels like they said, "Let's put a bunch of really aggressive mobs in a small area and force the player into it.". The strat to kill it (run up the stairs, beat off the dogs then jump on the kapra's head over and over) don't even feel like the intended gameplay from the developers.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It's taken me a few plays through but I figured out the archers. Timing is a big part of it. You need to get around that last corner do the left archer doesn't hit you. The right archer is the real problem though. It's critical to run along the edge with your back to the wall. If you're at a bad angle the arrow will knock you off if you try blocking it. Then just get in his face until he falls.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Try doing Ivory King without finding any knights in DS2. Almost got him last night. The fucking chaos is strong bros.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
going to play DS2 again. What's a good recommendation for a PVE build that uses melee + casting together?