Dark Souls 3

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It's true though. Unlike the first game, you could do PvE with pretty much any build you wanted and be okay. Dark Souls 1 made pure mage playthroughs or playthroughs with weird weapons (such as whips or claws) extremely difficult because there was no way to recharge spellcasts and they made most weapons just outright suck, whereas in Dark Souls 2 all weapons have at least decent base stats and you can use elemental infusion to make them better if need be (elemental infusion in DS1 was garbage). DS2 also fixed parry-fishing by making them more difficult time, and they fixed backstab-fishing by making hitboxes not awful. Sure, Resonant Soul/Greater Resonant Soul/Climax have very large cheese potential, but at least they were nerfed, whereas the super OP weapons and spells in DS1 (WoG, anyone?) were never touched.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I honestly can't think of a single mechanic I prefer in DkS2 over Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, other than being able to bind jump to L3.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Fast travel from the start.
Dual wield / power stance.
Being able to farm end game upgrade mats easily w/ ascetics.
Ascetics in general.
Gavlan wheel. Gavlan deal.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The UI is much much better in Dark Souls 2. Going back to the overly huge health bars in Dark Souls 1 is tough.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fast travel from the start.
Dual wield / power stance.
Being able to farm end game upgrade mats easily w/ ascetics.
Ascetics in general.
I think fast travel and ascetics were a mistake in DkS2.

And I added Demon's Souls to my statement specifically because BBS+Moon Uchi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any powerstance shit in DkS2. I can only hope that part of the moveset features they're adding to DkS3 includes making a proper dual wield system again.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
God fucking damnit I am so god damn fucking hype for this shit aaaaaaafhhhhhhhhhhhhnggggggggg.

Carry on.

e; Any lore confirmation? That looked eerily similar to The Last Giant in the trailer. Face missing, crown and all.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
So it says 1-4 players, true co-op like Diablo or just Dark souls style with more players?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
So it says 1-4 players, true co-op like Diablo or just Dark souls style with more players?
I would say they tapped into the co-op pretty well in DS2, especially in comparison to 1 where you could only co-op near bosses. I would hope they stick with 2, where you can pretty much play with someone whereever you can drop/find a summon sign. If they had *true* co-op though, especially for 4 players, I would lose my shit out of happiness.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
In an interview with Eurogamer, Miyazaki said that DS3 wouldn't be the final game in the series. He meant it would be a turning point. He'd like to move past the medieval fantasy aspect of the world.

PC Gamer

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Co-op is fun and a lot more entertaining way to farm souls than just re-plowing levels. Plus a lot of the better encounters in the DS2 DLC revolved around aspects of co-op, including the final Ice King fight.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
People who have seen the demo in E3 seem happy.

- It is so hard that the developers showing off the demo keep dying, unable to beat it
- It is more like Dark Souls 1 than 2, with more of everything. Also takes some of Bloodborne in that weapons have multiple stances + charge attacks
- Sword + shield is back

And from the IGN article linked above.

?Areas are interconnected just like in the first Dark Souls,? said Miyazaki. ?Having an interconnected map is my favorite.?
Hyped, would pay for early access

HUH_sl

shitlord
It wouldn't be a Souls game without contrived and confusing multiplayer. At the rate that they 'improve' their multiplayer matchmaking systems we won't get a user friendly co-op/pvp system until Dark Souls 35.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It wouldn't be a Souls game without contrived and confusing multiplayer. At the rate that they 'improve' their multiplayer matchmaking systems we won't get a user friendly co-op/pvp system until Dark Souls 35.
This man speaks the truth. Somehow they made multiplayer more convoluted and confusing in Bloodborne than the Souls games.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Uh Bloodborne has the easiest multiplayer of them all, especially since they removed any level caps when using passwords. I am playing DS1 again with my brother and we are having a real bitch of a time connecting with one another sometimes.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Compared to DS2? Not a chance. DS2, you put a mark down if you want to help and other person clicks the mark if they want the help. Compare that to the convoluted shit you have to do to get any co-op going in BB....