Dark Souls 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Info:
- Will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One in 2016
- PC release is "negotiable."
- 1-4 players
- Sacrifice ritual allows you to enter other people's games
- Bosses can "heat up," changing their form
- Swordfighting arts add special moves that can be equipped and changed

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
d0e.gif

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Hasn't PC been DS 1/2's biggest selling platform? I don't get why they tend to have a malaise about porting there.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Yes!!!! I do hope it incorporates some of bloodborne's speed and fluidity into the more static Dark Souls style. (Movement wise and I like the transformation attack.)

Heian

Molten Core Raider
They know console user will buy it on PC. I got DS1 PS4/PC and DS2 PS3/PC/PS4.....

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hasn't PC been DS 1/2's biggest selling platform? I don't get why they tend to have a malaise about porting there.
Because Japanese devs tend to eschew PC, basically. They don't feel it is their strength. I dunno. Its silly but in Japan PC is just not a priority at all.

They know console user will buy it on PC. I got DS1 PS4/PC and DS2 PS3/PC/PS4.....
Yeah, this as well. They want to put it on console first, sell a bunch, recoup costs for developing on the next gen platform systems first, then port it knowing they'll get a second round of purchases.

Its dirty but no more dirty than what Rockstar does with GTA.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
DS1 on PC happened like this:

DS 1 came out on ps3 and xbox and everyone loved it.
PC community begged From to put it on PC via petitions that reached significant numbers
From said "Okay, but we have no clue wtf we're doing, we haven't developed for the PC before, and we're worried about sinking too much into the project when we're unsure of the profitability of such a project, so don't expect perfection here, folks."
And then they ported the game in the cheapest manner possible.

So that's why that was. DS2 was greatly improved from that experience for a reason.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I play it on my 360 controller without mods and it seams fine to me. I do use dsfix to get smaller hud and 60fps

Raes

Vyemm Raider
We're talking about kb/m, which was like the opposite of intuitive, as well as a few other issues.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, it was fucking trash without a controller--I bought a controller just for DS (But now I'm glad I did, tons of games do pretty well with a controller.)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because Japanese devs tend to eschew PC, basically. They don't feel it is their strength. I dunno. Its silly but in Japan PC is just not a priority at all.

Yeah, this as well. They want to put it on console first, sell a bunch, recoup costs for developing on the next gen platform systems first, then port it knowing they'll get a second round of purchases.

Its dirty but no more dirty than what Rockstar does with GTA.
Backstory on the PC thing: It is has been changing over time, but for the most part the people with custom built PCs (read: gaming pcs) were generally the guys playing copious amounts of hentai-games/ero-games and were basically societal creepyfucks. Not all of them were, obviously, but that was the impression that the majority of developers and the populace in general had. Since game developers tend to not want to make games for a platform with that sort of stigma, the bigger more mainstream companies kind of just didn't do it for the longest time. This is changing, definitely, but I would imagine that many developers over there still have that somewhat outdated mindset.

Also, fuck yes Dark Souls 3. Not sure how I feel about combo moves tho.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Will probably end up as my GOTY 2016. Don't even know what could compete with it that is due in 2016. Love these games so much.

Now FROM needs to take the money from their sales of DS1-3 and Bloodborne and buy out the rights for Dragons Dogma.

2016 - Dark Souls 3
2017 - Bloodborne 2
2018 - Dragon's Dogma 2
2019 - Dark Souls 4

and so on.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I want a Zelda made by From Software. Zelda II 2....

Zelda II is the first game I ever finished on my NES.