Dark Souls 3

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah my third DS2 playthrough was after BB and I absolutely could not (and excelled at not) using a shield.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I must fucking suck at all souls games because even after beating BB I was getting wrecked in DS2 when I tried not using a shield.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I agree that DS2 was easy overall with the notable exception of the DLCs (which, apart from Fume Knight, was largely because they like tripled the stagger threshold for everything).

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I must fucking suck at all souls games because even after beating BB I was getting wrecked in DS2 when I tried not using a shield.
Give a no-shields run an honest go and you'll find you're getting better really quickly. I'm rocking Dark Drakeblood Greatsword or Icicle Rapier rh and Sunset Staff lh. Was originally trying a Hex run but I basically ended up with a dex build that can cast dark orb and dark weapon when needed.

Probably gonna run a Dex build in Dark Souls 3 because this shitt is fun as fuck

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Give a no-shields run an honest go and you'll find you're getting better really quickly.
I have a shield in DS3, but after BB I think it took me over 2 hours and 3 bosses in before I remembered I could block. Just seems more natural. You do learn to get better faster without one though since you need to work on timing dodges and the likes.

@Heian

While playing DS1 I forgot how enemies where more rare and I liked that.
Not so much in DS3 that. Levels appear to be well designed (still not far into it), however, enemies are not rare. A review earlier mentioned that DS3 is more "dense" and I completely agree with that. Nearly every corner has an enemy, nearly every wall has enemies below them, houses have things in ceilings, walls, etc.

You do not run far without enemies. They also go out of their way to hide them, meaning every place you think you might get attacked, you will, and then in areas where you think you've cleared everything you still end up being jumped on. Enter a house, hear a creepy sound in a room, scan around and see nothing, enter it, still nothing, loot the room, still nothing, figure sound is coming from the outside somewhere, try to leave room, die in panic.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
20% off on green man gaming with the code MAR20 which brings the deluxe version down to $68.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't forget with prime the regular game is 20% off if you pre-order. I just remembered this lovely feature. I work, so not going to a midnight release, but I get release day shipping free anyways.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget with prime the regular game is 20% off if you pre-order. I just remembered this lovely feature. I work, so not going to a midnight release, but I get release day shipping free anyways.
Thanks for the reminder, forgot all about this.

EDIT hmmm ... can't find a physical copy version listed on Amazon. Nothing but online code, Talking PC version

Generol_sl

shitlord
If you guys have an XBone - the original Dark Souls is now backwards compatible. Good way to kill the time before the release of DS3.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Thank you for the GMG tip. I can't remember if the GMG steam game will work with steam cloud?

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Sheeeit, I work but that's not gonna stop me from picking it up at midnight and playing either until I go in to work or encounter a basilisk because those things scare the shit out of me

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Watching Lirik play it on Xbox now. Dear jeebus the FPS drops are real. The PS4 version has some, I can confirm that, but nowhere near the Xbox level.

Xbox one is also 900p unlike PS4s 1080p.

If they don't fix the framerate I'd say the PS4 and PC versions are the only playable ones.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Disappointed to hear like half the bosses are ezmode......im sure they're well designed and epic encounters, but I was truly hoping for 3/4ths of them to be a lot of learning / trial and error.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
There seems to be a noticeable spike in difficulty after you get passed the poison swamp area. That boss was an ass kicker at first. That appears to be the first boss after the press demo, so hopefully it's normal difficulty now.

I'm excited for the PC version with increased difficulty and 60fps.

Generol_sl

shitlord
I've been playing the backwards compatible Dark Souls on XBone and, in comparison to DS2, the parry and backstabs are much more reactive. For you guys playing DS3 at moment (if we have any) are you noticing that they went back to the DS1 reaction of those two facets?