Dark Souls 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eek. Not one assessment of the game here as yet - just a litany of complaints about its stability.
First area is tutorial, second area is the one we got to play in the PS4 beta. Not really much new to comment on about the game itself yet.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Crashes are hardware specific for sure. I'm past the first boss and a couple bonfires in and no problems yet on a 980 ti.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Got to play for an hour as a deprived with no crashes on an Nvidia 970. Have it set to high at 1440p and it is pretty much always at 60. The only dips I've had so far is when switching out of menus really quick. Gameplay is solid and stamina seems to be plentiful compared to the first two. Not really digging the club on the deprived this time around but I found an axe which allowed for revenge on that asshole outside the hub. Opened all the shortcuts from the beta and hopefully will get to go into a new area after the kids are in bed as well as get revenge on that red eyed knight and maybe find an ultra great sword or at least a claymore.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully the 1.1 patch is out tomorrow (and hopefully it fixes the problem I'm having), because I just can't play the game with the audio like this. It's supposed to have a bunch of performance improvements as well for people who are struggling with framerate.

One last thing that occurred to me about the crashing is that I play Souls 100% offline. I remember reading that there was a bug on the console version that caused crashes if you were playing online, not sure if they fixed it completely for PC or not but it had something to do with the ugly ass spoilery graffiti that is everywhere when you play these games online.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fine here. Playing offline too.

lol stupid dragon. He hates being shot by arrows, fyi.

Moth_sl

shitlord
I've had no performance or crash issues at all on PC but I die every time when engaging the first boss. The controls are impossible for me to get used to on keyboard + mouse.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Souls series is definitely better on controller, at least for me.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Trying really hard to get used to this Steam controller since Dandain went ham on it. I definitely see the potential, but this is my 4th Souls game. I'm fighting a lot of muscle memory.

What's fucking with me the most is using the right pad to lock on. My thumb tends to gravitate towards the bottom so all I'm doing is swapping the flasks around.

Needless

Toe Sucker
What the fuck does the uchi's R2 weapon art do?

nvm, guess it's a parry.. timing seems different than a shield

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
980ti here and no problems at all. Flawless, 60FPS with no dips so far.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Trying really hard to get used to this Steam controller since Dandain went ham on it. I definitely see the potential, but this is my 4th Souls game. I'm fighting a lot of muscle memory.

What's fucking with me the most is using the right pad to lock on. My thumb tends to gravitate towards the bottom so all I'm doing is swapping the flasks around.
The first thing I rebound on the steam controller was using that to lock on. I just put lock on to the back right pad and use X like normal for items. You can also disable that contextual menu from popping up if you want to keep the pad to lock on.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
First are secret/spoiler:

The dragon can be scared off with the long bow you find and about 50-60 wooden arrows depending on your aim. In the tower with the bonfire on top of it you can see his ass from the little courtyard, can shoot 2-3 arrows in to his tail area for ~45ish damage each then run inside before he can burn you. Once he leaves there's a claymore and a dark battleaxe up there, both of which are crazy good.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good thing it still doesn't recognize mouse 345....

Did anyone get their extra mouse buttons to work? Even binding a regular keyboard binding like backspace or "T" to the mouse through the logitech software, then binding that key to the control doesn't seem to work